Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-03

(2013-04-03, 20:36)kees667 Wrote: Hi,

Already made a fresh reinstall in a new folder. Still the same issue. the plot summary box seems to overlap them. I came from 1.3.0.10.1 - the version before that was a few weeks old at most.

However This is now tested on a freshly installed 1.3.0.10.1

update: changing screen resolution doesnt help. Changed names for already scraped shows and the same thing happens.

What resolution do you use?
Looks as if the button behind the window:

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kees667 - 2013-04-03

1920x1080 on my laptop. Changed to 1600x900 and didnt help.Indeed I can click that even, and it must be the cancel button. unfortunately no small ok button on the left. Also just tried 1440 and 1280x1024 but doesnt help.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-03

(2013-04-03, 21:26)kees667 Wrote: 1920x1080 on my laptop. Changed to 1600x900 and didnt help.Indeed I can click that even, and it must be the cancel button. unfortunately no small ok button on the left. Also just tried 1440 and 1280x1024 but doesnt help.

With version 1.3.0.10.1 did it work?
This is all very strange ...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - maeda - 2013-04-04

I have found some weird behaving on my system (windows 7)

I had emm installation folder on my second hard drive, and whenever i auto renamed a movie, it did, but emm was 'not responding' for cca 10 seconds.
I tried all versions, and setting etc, and than i tried to move whole emm directory on my C Drive/program files (SSD), and 'not responding' issue was gone.

What could be the cause of emm hanging, not responding, when it's run on another regular hard drive, ssd drive faster?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 10:54)maeda Wrote: I have found some weird behaving on my system (windows 7)

I had emm installation folder on my second hard drive, and whenever i auto renamed a movie, it did, but emm was 'not responding' for cca 10 seconds.
I tried all versions, and setting etc, and than i tried to move whole emm directory on my C Drive/program files (SSD), and 'not responding' issue was gone.

What could be the cause of emm hanging, not responding, when it's run on another regular hard drive, ssd drive faster?

The reason is that Ember during and after renaming checks all existing files again and update the database. I try to improve a bit.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - spong_miester - 2013-04-04

Just re-installed this great piece of software and have run into 2 issues Sad

1. All the posters for film and TV have vanished, Not the actual files but the tick to say they are in the folder.

2. All extrafanart is downloaded in a really crappy low resolution (Although I'm guessing that's just a setting oversight on my behalf)

Which settings do i change to fix these issues if possible

Thank in advance

(2013-04-04, 11:42)spong_miester Wrote: Just re-installed this great piece of software and have run into 2 issues Sad

1. All the posters for film and TV have vanished, Not the actual files but the tick to say they are in the folder.

2. All extrafanart is downloaded in a really crappy low resolution (Although I'm guessing that's just a setting oversight on my behalf)

Which settings do i change to fix these issues if possible

Thank in advance

1. Then you no longer have the same settings as before. Ember recognizes only the local images that match the settings. If your image calls "poster.jpg" and you have set "<movie>-poster.jpg", Ember not found the file (no match with settings).
  2. You can set the Extrathumbsize in "Settings -> Movies -> Scrapers - Image & Trailers -> Ember Native Movie Scrapers -> TMDB Extrathumb Size" for manually scraping and in "Settings -> Movies -> Scrapers - Image & Trailers -> Ember Native Movie Scrapers -> Download all Fanart... Size as Extrathumbs"

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - maeda - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 11:36)DanCooper Wrote: The reason is that Ember during and after renaming checks all existing files again and update the database. I try to improve a bit.
ah, tnx for clarification, it will be great if you could do that.
Moving emm to ssd drive helped a lot, in case anyone have similar problem

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Rotten - 2013-04-04

Did you remove the extra tools inside the last tab of the settings ?
Was using the "Take videosource from file extension stuff" Sad

Also the setting for extrafanart folder isnt saved somehow.
It always uses the extrathumb folder.
(The group header is wrong named too btw)

This is the version from ur repo (yesterday)

(2013-04-04, 16:18)Rotten Wrote: Did you remove the extra tools inside the last tab of the settings ?
Was using the "Take videosource from file extension stuff" Sad

Also the setting for extrafanart folder isnt saved somehow.
It always uses the extrathumb folder.
(The group header is wrong named too btw)

This is the version from ur repo (yesterday)

This is a language file error, but you can fix this easy:
open the file German_(de_DE).xml in folder Langs (e.g. with notepad++) an change the ID's 429 and 822 from Diverses to Miscellaneous.

The extrafanart options are old functions that are disabled.
The group header will be fixed with next release.

Is this version from my github?
The most of your errors are fixed in actual github version.

Somehow started the wrong version I guess just redownloaded and the last tab is there.
Which is the correct folder for the extra fanarts now ?
The wiki says it has to be extrafanart, dont know if its up to date though.

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 17:19)Rotten Wrote: Somehow started the wrong version I guess just redownloaded and the last tab is there.
Which is the correct folder for the extra fanarts now ?
The wiki says it has to be extrafanart, dont know if its up to date though.

Extrathumbs and extrafanart are 2 different things. Ember support only Extrathumbs atm.

Ah ok thx, I think i got it now. XBMC is kinda confusing sometimes Confused

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 18:09)Rotten Wrote: Ah ok thx, I think i got it now. XBMC is kinda confusing sometimes :s

I work on the YAMJ module now, that is confusing :D

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kees667 - 2013-04-04

No an earlier version of about 4-6 weeks ago. Weird indeed. Not sure what to do now if this also happens in a clean install,

(2013-04-03, 21:29)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 21:26)kees667 Wrote: 1920x1080 on my laptop. Changed to 1600x900 and didnt help.Indeed I can click that even, and it must be the cancel button. unfortunately no small ok button on the left. Also just tried 1440 and 1280x1024 but doesnt help.

With version 1.3.0.10.1 did it work?
This is all very strange ...