Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 17:08)Randall Lind Wrote: How do we do TV Shows Specials? I rename specials to season specials I am trying to name mad men 0x1 inside season 6 or whatever it is called but In can't get it to show up.

Can someone help there much have been a change to how specials are done. I looked it up it #1 under special for mad men so I am guess S00E01 and 0x1 is no longer the correct way to label. I use TheRenamer to rename all my episodes.

I use a "Season Specials" folder, the file name is "Archer - S00E01.avi".
You need a separate folder!

If you want the special episode also under a normal season you can add a tag to display the episode in both seasons. Check the XBMC wiki for that.

Edit: this are the tags...
<displayseason>3</displayseason>
<displayepisode>5</displayepisode>

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bry - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 17:13)DanCooper Wrote: Edit: this are the tags...
<displayseason>3</displayseason>
<displayepisode>5</displayepisode>

Going to use this! Did not know about it nor bug me enough to look into it! Thanks Dan!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - fnwc - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-20, 12:02)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 23:52)fnwc Wrote: Ember seems to completely fail every time I've tried to scrape this movie "Gasland", either manually by selecting the IMDB tt value or by selecting it from the list:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1558250/

I can't remember the exact error since I'm not at home, but can someone else verify this for me?

I can scrape this without any problem.

Thanks Dan. I'll check to see if I can get an error message out of it.

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 18:28)fnwc Wrote:
(2013-04-20, 12:02)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 23:52)fnwc Wrote: Ember seems to completely fail every time I've tried to scrape this movie "Gasland", either manually by selecting the IMDB tt value or by selecting it from the list:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1558250/

I can't remember the exact error since I'm not at home, but can someone else verify this for me?

I can scrape this without any problem.

Thanks Dan. I'll check to see if I can get an error message out of it.

Check the Log folder, the internal Logger has a bug.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Suprnaut - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 08:15)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 07:12)Suprnaut Wrote:
(2013-04-21, 17:26)Cocotus Wrote: Just commited update/fixed to MovieExport:

MovieTemplate Changelog
-------------------------------------
  • Added: TVShow View
  • Added: Trailer/IMDB Link opens in new tab/window
  • Added: Now everytime Watched or Unwatched checkbox is clicked, navigation will be updated at once (English Template)
  • Fixed: Watched /Unwatched Filter is now working when clicking on "ALL" (English Template)

Demo (slow loading time)
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7856680/MyMovies/index.htm

Ember Movie Export reworked
-------------------------------
  • Moved Export settings to module settings, added JPG Quality setting to further reduce filesize and therefore decrease loading time
  • No more crashes during saving process (dropped thr filedialog and uses exportpath setting instead)

Any chance I could get a copy with the fix compiled in?

Well that depends on DanCooper, if he's willing to publish a new version - he controls the releases but the last time he stated that there will be a release soon Smile
@CaptainKen
Thanks for the pm by the way and example to another movie collection - very nice things there, I might steal some idead Smile Yea customization of template was already asked I wll consider that in next releases Smile

Ok. I had to switch back to using EMDB for my website for now. Can't wait until all the kinks are worked out. The TV Show support is going to be great. Keep up the great work.

FYI....to try to get v1.80 to work I batch processed all the jpgs in the Export folder and reduced the overall quality from 600+ megs to 100+ megs. It cut down the loading time, but didn't fix the underlying issues of most of the covers/fanart not loading and the browsers being overloaded and unresponsive.

Some future improvements I would like would be:
-Ability to choose the default view. In my case I would choose to always display the Newest rather than ALL
-Reworking on the OpenFolder function so that it works with both local content and hosted content. Not sure why there is a check to verify the content is local. Maybe having a variable that would list the relative path to the files would make it more portable to a hosted server. So instead of the path being c:\movies\Movie.Title.(Year)\Movie.Title.(Year).mkv you could set a relative path of /movies/Movie.Title.(Year)/Movie.Title.(Year).mkv
-The ability to stream the content from the website.
-Ability to remove certain filters that I don't intend to use.
-Someone already mentioned this, but the ability to change the color scheme would be nice.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - zerocool_ie - 2013-04-22

hi all,

I did a fresh install of version 11, and since then I cannot preview posters / fanarts when I double click on them from the image selection dialog box.

The message is: "An error has occured. Parameter not valid."

Has anyone seen this before?

thanks in advance for an answer and thanks for the ongoing development work Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 18:45)Suprnaut Wrote: -The ability to stream the content from the website.

Regarding the above, I don't think that you'll every see that feature coming out of EMM export template.

What you need is something like Plex Media Server

The option I use is a Synology DS411+11 NAS with the Plex app installed. Now I can stream directly from NAS independent of XBMC to any web page or my Plex app on iOS device. Synolgy has also just released the DS Video app which is nice as well.

(2013-04-22, 19:02)zerocool_ie Wrote: hi all,

I did a fresh install of version 11, and since then I cannot preview posters / fanarts when I double click on them from the image selection dialog box.

The message is: "An error has occured. Parameter not valid."

Has anyone seen this before?

thanks in advance for an answer and thanks for the ongoing development work :)

I try to fix this, but I need time to understand all the changes from m.savazzi.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-22

Who of you used the backdrop-folder feature? And for what?
I have noticed that this is faulty and partially overwritten files. The backdrops are partially stored as "fanart.jpg", which is absurd.

What do you think about "<movietitle> _IMDBID.jpg"?

(2013-04-22, 20:24)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 18:45)Suprnaut Wrote: -The ability to stream the content from the website.

Regarding the above, I don't think that you'll every see that feature coming out of EMM export template.

The option I use is a Synology DS411+11 NAS with the Plex app installed. Now I can stream directly from NAS independent of XBMC to any web page or my Plex app on iOS device. Synolgy has also just released the DS Video app which is nice as well.

I wasn't talking about transcoding to different formats, just streaming the raw file. I think it is just a matter of having the html coded to stream the file. When clicking a default player like Windows Media Player or VLC would open and play the stream.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 21:16)Suprnaut Wrote:

I wasn't talking about transcoding to different formats, just streaming the raw file. I think it is just a matter of having the html coded to stream the file. When clicking a default player like Windows Media Player or VLC would open and play the stream.

Push the button! Big Grin

(2013-04-22, 21:33)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 20:24)CaptainKen Wrote: Regarding the above, I don't think that you'll every see that feature coming out of EMM export template.

Push the button! Big Grin

Hmm I don't remember it working that way. Of course I modify the html so that it will work on an external webserver so maybe that is my issue. The way it works for me is that it used to open up the folder, I recently changed it so it prompts for a download. I suppose instead of choosing save as I could choose open and open the files in Media Player. I was thinking of a more elegant solution, not an expert in html though.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-22, 21:33)DanCooper Wrote: Push the button! Big Grin

When I hover over it says "Film-ordner offnen". When you click the button I get a message box stating: "kein zugriff auf ordner möglich". Can you change those to English please.

EDIT:
I should have also mentioned that I only get the alert message box, so the movie folder never opens.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-04-23

LOL, I wasn't talking about transcoding either. I guess that I was incorrectly assuming you wanted to stream outside your local network.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - valerinism - 2013-04-23

I am using 1.3.0.11 and set it up in a new directory. I then started both versions side by side and looked at the old settings and copied them to the new. I closed out both versions and copied the Ember.emm and temp folder to the new install directory.

I added one new episode to my library and in Ember it added a space to the folder so now Season 08 is higher than Season01. Note it did not change the actual folder name, just the name that appears in Ember.

Did I miss a setting or is this the new way Ember will be handling folders? If it a setting, how can I revert it, or have it "rename" the other seasons to match the same format?