Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - madmonk - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-20, 08:27)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-04-20, 01:04)madmonk Wrote: I got 1.3.0.11

What are the best Scraping options?

I recently cleaned out all the NFOs and wanted to rescrape my entire library, but when I choose only "native" scrapers and do an automatic scrape it just goes thru all the movies without getting the NFOs. If I choose the TMDB scraper then it just gets stuck.

I can do one by one manually but, can't do the auto scrape.

Any suggestions?

I only use native scrapers too - works fine for me, but as you said I only do scraping via "Rescrape movie" after adding them to the database. What option do you mean by Auto-scraping?

Auto-scraping is when you go to "Scrape Media > Auto >

I get no results.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 00:49)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 21:33)DanCooper Wrote: Push the button! Big Grin

When I hover over it says "Film-ordner offnen". When you click the button I get a message box stating: "kein zugriff auf ordner möglich". Can you change those to English please.

EDIT:
I should have also mentioned that I only get the alert message box, so the movie folder never opens.

Should be easy to fix will look into it this evening, and will also disable the network check

New commits I did yesterday:
  • Added: Export Movie/TvShows to XML file in top bar menu --> open this file with EXCEL
  • Added: Subtitle lock

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - AnthonyJS02 - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 08:35)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-04-23, 00:49)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 21:33)DanCooper Wrote: Push the button! Big Grin

When I hover over it says "Film-ordner offnen". When you click the button I get a message box stating: "kein zugriff auf ordner möglich". Can you change those to English please.

EDIT:
I should have also mentioned that I only get the alert message box, so the movie folder never opens.

Should be easy to fix will look into it this evening, and will also disable the network check

New commits I did yesterday:
  • Added: Export Movie/TvShows to XML file in top bar menu --> open this file with EXCEL
  • Added: Subtitle lock

Awesome thanks for the excel support, how soon by chance till available?

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 03:32)Tin2Harris Wrote: I plan to work on a release in the next few days.Image

Pull your fixes to my 1.3.0.x branch if you want help. Makes no sense when you make another/second release.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - grumbler - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-22, 21:02)DanCooper Wrote: Who of you used the backdrop-folder feature? And for what?

I use it although I never checked if its working correctly. I use the backdrop folder for the Transparency-Skin in my XBMC installations as source for the background images the skin presents as slideshow.
I have no preferences for the filename, a unique one would obviously be nice Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - AnthonyJS02 - 2013-04-23

This is kind of a off the wall question but figured good place to ask. Where does everyone get there Movie Sets/Collection poster art from?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 09:04)grumbler Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 21:02)DanCooper Wrote: Who of you used the backdrop-folder feature? And for what?

I use it although I never checked if its working correctly. I use the backdrop folder for the Transparency-Skin in my XBMC installations as source for the background images the skin presents as slideshow.
I have no preferences for the filename, a unique one would obviously be nice Big Grin

Backdrops from VIDEO_TS & BDMV always calls "fanart.jpg" if fanart.jpg is enabled in settings.
I make the filenames now unique with "<movie>_IMDBID.jpg".

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 09:22)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: This is kind of a off the wall question but figured good place to ask. Where does everyone get there Movie Sets/Collection poster art from?

Read this post from Cocotus...
Maybe this helps you.

(2013-04-23, 09:37)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-23, 09:22)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: This is kind of a off the wall question but figured good place to ask. Where does everyone get there Movie Sets/Collection poster art from?

Read this post from Cocotus...
Maybe this helps you.

Looks like that will do the trick thank you!

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - zerocool_ie - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-22, 20:31)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 19:02)zerocool_ie Wrote: hi all,

I did a fresh install of version 11, and since then I cannot preview posters / fanarts when I double click on them from the image selection dialog box.

The message is: "An error has occured. Parameter not valid."

Has anyone seen this before?

thanks in advance for an answer and thanks for the ongoing development work Smile

I try to fix this, but I need time to understand all the changes from m.savazzi.

thanks Dan :-)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Shemhazai - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 03:20)valerinism Wrote: I am using 1.3.0.11 and set it up in a new directory. I then started both versions side by side and looked at the old settings and copied them to the new. I closed out both versions and copied the Ember.emm and temp folder to the new install directory.

I added one new episode to my library and in Ember it added a space to the folder so now Season 08 is higher than Season01. Note it did not change the actual folder name, just the name that appears in Ember.

Did I miss a setting or is this the new way Ember will be handling folders? If it a setting, how can I revert it, or have it "rename" the other seasons to match the same format?

In version 1.3.0.10 the notation Ember used to display Seasons was <Seasonxx>. There was no space between "season" and the season-number. This was treated as a bug and in version 1.3.0.11 the Ember notation of seasons in the main user interface is again <Season xx>.
Note that Ember doesn't actually use the foldername. It transforms a recognised "season-folder" to a notation it uses in the GUI (e.g. if you have a "Season 0" foldername it shows it as "Special Season" in Ember).
You will have to rescrape all your TV Shows to correct the bug in your database.
I myself find this a pity too, as scraping takes quite a long time and then you may have locks on complete seasons etc.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Shemhazai - 2013-04-23

Just some thoughts after using the Ember GUI a couple of weeks:
I use the filtering pane a lot.
It would be useful if I could negate the genre-filtering. Just like you can negate the 'year-filter' with the available relational operators '<>'.
Secondly if I could filter on metadata content, like on the presence of a particular audio-stream language, that would be nice.
Nothing critical of course, just small additional functionality.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ejkeebler - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-21, 17:03)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-21, 16:52)ejkeebler Wrote: couple things....I, like everyone else love EMM. One thing i've noticed is I cannot rename using imdb id ($I) it's just blank. I must be doing something crazy. Also is there a way to scan my library using IMDB ID? all my movies have it in the filename, but ember just ignores it. If I have to put just that would it work? Just trying to make ember scrape most accurately. So really 2 things, however if neither of these are possible, it's still the best movie media manager on the planet....

I have fixed that today Big Grin
Also the Bulk Renamer issues with video_tsT and bdmv

That's awesome! so are you saying if i title the movie the imdb # emm will scrape it using that? or are you saying the rename with the imdb id is fixed? Also will ember download subtitles? I thought i remember seeing a setting for that, but not at home right now. Thanks for the awesome fixes, glad this project is still being developed!

AW: RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 16:10)ejkeebler Wrote:
(2013-04-21, 17:03)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-21, 16:52)ejkeebler Wrote: couple things....I, like everyone else love EMM. One thing i've noticed is I cannot rename using imdb id ($I) it's just blank. I must be doing something crazy. Also is there a way to scan my library using IMDB ID? all my movies have it in the filename, but ember just ignores it. If I have to put just that would it work? Just trying to make ember scrape most accurately. So really 2 things, however if neither of these are possible, it's still the best movie media manager on the planet....

I have fixed that today Big Grin
Also the Bulk Renamer issues with video_tsT and bdmv

That's awesome! so are you saying if i title the movie the imdb # emm will scrape it using that? or are you saying the rename with the imdb id is fixed? Also will ember download subtitles? I thought i remember seeing a setting for that, but not at home right now. Thanks for the awesome fixes, glad this project is still being developed!

I working on IMDB ID in moviefolder and I have fixed the $I tag in the renamer.
I think the renamer is (really) complete fixed in next release.
We have also fixed many other bugs and made nice new features Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - valerinism - 2013-04-24

Shemhazai - thank you for your reply. Looks like I will be re-scraping my entire tv episodes yet again.