Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-05-02

Great News!..
My congratulations for all the people involved,
for the best Media manager...

Laugh

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-02

I have lost my login data of the two FTP servers (Texas/Paris)... and I also do not remember who the provides =)
Please report via PM.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - michael123 - 2013-05-02

I've cleaned my whole library ready to re-scrape with the next version and then move from Eden to Frodo (Live). Do any of the scrapers support sort titles and sets by default. Just to save me doing it all manually again. (e.g. "Dr. No" would have the sort title "James Bond 1" or similar).

Thanks for the great work.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - redglory - 2013-05-02

(2013-05-02, 14:11)michael123 Wrote: I've cleaned my whole library ready to re-scrape with the next version and then move from Eden to Frodo (Live). Do any of the scrapers support sort titles and sets by default. Just to save me doing it all manually again. (e.g. "Dr. No" would have the sort title "James Bond 1" or similar).

Thanks for the great work.

Usually sets get ordered by release year, not title.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-02

Dan, Cocotus & every other Developer.

I've reached a first compile & run level to the new scraper implementation and TMDB.data and IMDB.data should start to work. Can you plese give it a look?
(GitHub under my name trunk 1.3.0.newscrapers)

As it a major change I've sync'ed the trunk on 1.3.0.11 but I cannot port all the good stuff that will go in 1.3.0.12 and beyond, we will have to port it again to the new codebase once finished (sorry for that but there is noway I can import the changes when modifying the core structure).

Please feel free to send me suggestions via PM.

As core idea:
  • IMDB id is the unique identifier for movies. IMDB URL has been moved to global level as it can be used by all Data scrapers.
  • Data scrapers will be executed one after the other and will fill ONLY selected & empty fields if not locked from global properites
  • Each Data scraper will have the search dialog (is a partial code duplication) because there are TOO many differences between IMDB, TMDB and other so having only one dialog in main would lead to a mess
  • Image scrapers will work in parallel and will return a list of images. The image selection dialog will merge all lists and show them. The dialog will be moved at main program level as is useless to have it replicated in the scrapers
  • Order in Image scrapers will only be used for automated scraping where only the first one will be invoked (to be quicker)
  • All the file save-handling logic with the names etc... will be put at main program level and will happen only once.
  • All image Handling (load-save-fromWEb, etc) MUST be in only in the Images class and must use the memorystream as source (already almost there in 1.3.0.12)
  • Trailers should behave as images (yet to be defined)

In this way the code will be far easier to maintain

Hoping this helps.

(2013-05-02, 13:27)DanCooper Wrote: I have lost my login data of the two FTP servers (Texas/Paris)... and I also do not remember who the provides =)
Please report via PM.

HAHAHA you are a legend!
and we are not even near Oktoberfest!

M

Download link for version 1.3.0.12 is online!
Check this post.

(2013-05-02, 15:47)m.savazzi Wrote: Dan, Cocotus & every other Developer.

I've reached a first compile & run level to the new scraper implementation and TMDB.data and IMDB.data should start to work. Can you plese give it a look?

As it a major change I've sync'ed the trunk on 1.3.0.11 but I cannot port all the good stuff that will go in 1.3.0.12 and beyond, we will have to port it again to the new codebase once finished (sorry for that but there is noway I can import the changes when modifying the core structure).

As core idea:
  • IMDB id is the unique identifier for movies. IMDB URL has been moved to global level as it can be used by all Data scrapers.
  • Data scrapers will be executed one after the other and will fill ONLY selected & empty fields if not locked from global properites
  • Each Data scraper will have the search dialog (is a partial code duplication) because there are TOO many differences between IMDB, TMDB and other so having only one dialog in main would lead to a mess
  • Image scrapers will work in parallel and will return a list of images. The image selection dialog will merge all lists and show them. The dialog will be moved at main program level as is useless to have it replicated in the scrapers
  • Order in Image scrapers will only be used for automated scraping where only the first one will be invoked (to be quicker)
  • All the file save-handling logic with the names etc... will be put at main program level and will happen only once.
  • All image Handling (load-save-fromWEb, etc) MUST be in only in the Images class and must use the memorystream as source (already almost there in 1.3.0.12)

Hoping this helps.

(2013-05-02, 13:27)DanCooper Wrote: I have lost my login data of the two FTP servers (Texas/Paris)... and I also do not remember who the provides =)
Please report via PM.

HAHAHA you are a legend!

M

It all sounds very good!
I'm also in all points your opinion.

I think we are here with the version 1.3.0.12 make a feature freeze.
I will try to correct last bugs.

Today I have again destroyed my GitHub and will probably create a new fork Angry
Shall I try to port the latest changes into your new Branch?

Hehe, not Oktoberfest but Rhema... and yes, yesterday I was on the road too long Big Grin

(2013-05-02, 16:09)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 15:47)m.savazzi Wrote: Dan, Cocotus & every other Developer.

As core idea:

Hoping this helps.

Please report via PM.

HAHAHA you are a legend!

M

It all sounds very good!
I'm also in all points your opinion.

I think we are here with the version 1.3.0.12 make a feature freeze.
I will try to correct last bugs.

Great!

(2013-05-02, 16:09)DanCooper Wrote: Today I have again destroyed my GitHub and will probably create a new fork Angry

OUCH!

(2013-05-02, 16:09)DanCooper Wrote: Shall I try to port the latest changes into your new Branch?

Thank you for proposing but I would say not yet as I have not finished the image part (that will change a lot) so we risk to have to do them multiple times.

I have to check the other modules as it appears to me that there are some that do multiple things. If is not mandatory to have them in the same file (for example share the same code) we need to split them to make the codebase easier to maintain and evolve Smile

(2013-05-02, 16:09)DanCooper Wrote: Hehe, not Oktoberfest but Rhema... and yes, yesterday I was on the road too long Big Grin

Smile

(2013-05-02, 15:58)DanCooper Wrote: Download link for version 1.3.0.12 is online!
Check this post.

ftp does not work for me...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-05-02

Nice work with changelog Dan! I just used pre v12 this weekend and already was very pleased with the result, it's seems really stable for me
Also glad to see that image problems seems to be fixed.

@msavazzai
Wow that are very nice news, seems like a milestone was set!
I will test your branch and if I find any problems I will report - this means from now on we should use your branch as base and try to port all features/fixes between v12 und v11 into this? Well seems like Dan is up to the task Big Grin

Great work!

(2013-05-02, 18:33)Cocotus Wrote: @msavazzi
Wow that are very nice news, seems like a milestone was set!
I will test your branch and if I find any problems I will report - this means from now on we should use your branch as base and try to port all features/fixes between v12 und v11 into this? Well seems like Dan is up to the task Big Grin

Great work!

Please test it, is not still working Smile
but is for you to get used to the changes I'm doing and to see if I'm doing something stupid.
Is too early to port the changes...

M

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - chris0583 - 2013-05-02

I hope someone can help me out. I have been searching and reading for hours and I cant seem to find an answer for my problems.

Emm 1.3 R13
PCH-C300

I have been trying to use the NMJ module. When I go to modules there is a check box in the corner but the install templates button are greyed out.

When I go to the tools menu and pick NMJ Jukebox Builder I still dont see thew templates listed.
Can anyone help me define what is going on so I can get this working?

thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - the111 - 2013-05-02

Nice work on EMM.

Comments for YAMJ module (tested on newest version):

* tvshow.nfo should be <tvshow>.nfo
* I would like to see an option to choose the separator "." or "-" or whatever is entered for the fanart and banner. I use -fanart and not .fanart so I am compatible with XBMC as well.

Good work !!!

(2013-05-02, 22:21)chris0583 Wrote: I hope someone can help me out. I have been searching and reading for hours and I cant seem to find an answer for my problems.

Emm 1.3 R13
PCH-C300

I have been trying to use the NMJ module. When I go to modules there is a check box in the corner but the install templates button are greyed out.

When I go to the tools menu and pick NMJ Jukebox Builder I still dont see thew templates listed.
Can anyone help me define what is going on so I can get this working?

thanks

Never used that module. Was it working in the past?
if yes we will have to try to re enabled once we finish the new version

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-05-02

the subtitle lock doesn't work...
i have checked the box, when i "refresh" a movie the value of a *.srt external get lost.

what i'm missing?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-03

(2013-05-02, 23:25)orbtwin Wrote: the subtitle lock doesn't work...
i have checked the box, when i "refresh" a movie the value of a *.srt external get lost.

what i'm missing?

can you explain better?

M