Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mwaterbu - 2013-05-05

Hi, just got the latest release a short time ago. I noticed that if EMM is working on a task, and the window elements are resized, or the window is minimized, EMM will throw an exception. Nothing crashes, just those error popup windows.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 14:10)mwaterbu Wrote: Hi, just got the latest release a short time ago. I noticed that if EMM is working on a task, and the window elements are resized, or the window is minimized, EMM will throw an exception. Nothing crashes, just those error popup windows.

Love that Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mwaterbu - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 14:12)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 14:10)mwaterbu Wrote: Hi, just got the latest release a short time ago. I noticed that if EMM is working on a task, and the window elements are resized, or the window is minimized, EMM will throw an exception. Nothing crashes, just those error popup windows.

Love that :D

Is that a known issue then haha?

(2013-05-05, 14:16)mwaterbu Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 14:12)DanCooper Wrote:

Love that Big Grin

Since even today Tongue

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - SlrG - 2013-05-05

a small bug:
Movies with <playcount>0</playcount> in nfo are marked as watched in the new watched column of the movie list.

and a feature request:
"(Re)scrape Selected Movies" should be expanded with an "Actor Images Only" option.

(2013-05-05, 00:51)m.savazzi Wrote: Question n.2

Does anyone use the local cache?

Local cache has many bugs, but i think the function is a good function.
I you auto-scrape many movies you can change the poster and fanarts without redownload the images. It's a fast method and you don't need internet to change the images.

(2013-05-05, 14:45)SlrG Wrote: a small bug:
Movies with <playcount>0</playcount> in nfo are marked as watched in the new watched column of the movie list.

and a feature request:
"(Re)scrape Selected Movies" should be expanded with an "Actor Images Only" option.

Now I finally know why so many in my videos are seen, although I have not seen. I fix that for next release (12.1 comming soon).

Feature request is on my todo list.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 14:25)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 14:16)mwaterbu Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 14:12)DanCooper Wrote: Love that Big Grin

Since even today Tongue

Is a feature to keep Ember always on top of any other window LOL Big Grin

(2013-05-05, 14:55)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 00:51)m.savazzi Wrote: Question n.2

Does anyone use the local cache?

Local cache has many bugs, but i think the function is a good function.
I you auto-scrape many movies you can change the poster and fanarts without redownload the images. It's a fast method and you don't need internet to change the images.

Dan,
with new image management (once finished) we will see if to re add it.

Right now is a mess as some images are downloaded some not, filename saving is not coherent, is not integrated with the web (i.e. if I have the image is should not download it) etc...

In the next release the Image scraper will work on different steps:
1) step one will ONLY download the image URLS
2) IF an image selection dialog has to be shown ONLY thumbs (or smaller images) are downloaded to be shown
3) Once one image is selected (either via dialog or via automated mechanisms) ONLY that image is downloaded and saved (with or without resize based on options)

Once I've fixed this I will add
4) save Extrafanart
5) save extrathumb

In this way the scraping process will not only be coherent but 10000 faster Smile

Do you agree?

M

(2013-05-05, 15:38)m.savazzi Wrote: Dan,

Right now is a mess as some images are downloaded some not, filename saving is not coherent, is not integrated with the web (i.e. if I have the image is should not download it) etc...

2) IF an image selection dialog has to be shown ONLY thumbs (or smaller images) are downloaded to be shown
3) Once one image is selected (either via dialog or via automated mechanisms) ONLY that image is downloaded and saved (with or without resize based on options)

4) save Extrafanart
5) save extrathumb

In this way the scraping process will not only be coherent but 10000 faster Smile

Do you agree?

M

So I'm mostly agree.

What still needs to be possible is a preview of pictures in original resolution.
In addition, the merge of the same images from TMDB is very well (so far as "multiple"). How will you solve it?
Do you want to add a second checkbox for Extrafanarts (like Extrathumbs)?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Dragen - 2013-05-05

If there's two episodes with the same number, EMM will switch between the episodes when updating database. Please fix this and revert back to having both episodes be in the list.

Example: Dr Who 2005 season 7 christmas special is set between 705 and 706, and since neither XBMC nor EMM supports .5 in TV, the special needs to be named 705 to be placed between 705 and 706.
Another is Psych 705. It aired with two different endings. East Coast and West Coast. Neither are specials. Both must be listed as 705.

Also, still can't get R13 from the texas ftp.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - gr33n - 2013-05-05

hi ive updated from 1.3.0.9 to 1.3.0.12 and had to also update ht e db which worked.

ive wanted to update to the new bcs i had problems with manual change or manaul scrap movies which didnt worked, but with the new version it also doesnt work.

i choose the right movies from the imdb list klick Ok he is doing smht but not changing anything.

also ive get now alot Bolean error with the new one.

(2013-05-05, 16:35)Dragen Wrote: If there's two episodes with the same number, EMM will switch between the episodes when updating database. Please fix this and revert back to having both episodes be in the list.

Example: Dr Who 2005 season 7 christmas special is set between 705 and 706, and since neither XBMC nor EMM supports .5 in TV, the special needs to be named 705 to be placed between 705 and 706.
Another is Psych 705. It aired with two different endings. East Coast and West Coast. Neither are specials. Both must be listed as 705.

Also, still can't get R13 from the texas ftp.

r13 is not released, the latest is r12. If you have problem to connect the FTP server try it with another browser (not Chrome) or use a FTP Client. The username and passwort is integrated in the link (username: ember, password: danisgreat) and Chrome has a problem to use it.

You cant use special episodes in normal seasons or double numbers. But you can display a special episode in another season.
Read this site for more information: Link

Code:
<displayseason>7</displayseason>  <!-- For TV show specials, determines how the episode is sorted in the series  -->
<displayepisode>5</displayepisode>

Btw, this is a feature where I also work.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - AnthonyJS02 - 2013-05-05

Maybe its just me but it seems like when manually scrapping new movies and trying to download the trailer from youtube. On the first time trying to download it will show the progress bar and then go to the metadata screen and just have the url for totalclips. Not sure if the trailer is just failing during first download or what, but i add again and select same version and it works.

(2013-05-05, 16:48)gr33n Wrote: hi ive updated from 1.3.0.9 to 1.3.0.12 and had to also update ht e db which worked.

ive wanted to update to the new bcs i had problems with manual change or manaul scrap movies which didnt worked, but with the new version it also doesnt work.

i choose the right movies from the imdb list klick Ok he is doing smht but not changing anything.

also ive get now alot Bolean error with the new one.

Check if only one scraper is enabled.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 16:07)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 15:38)m.savazzi Wrote: Dan,

4) save Extrafanart
5) save extrathumb

Do you agree?

M

So I'm mostly agree.

What still needs to be possible is a preview of pictures in original resolution.
In addition, the merge of the same images from TMDB is very well (so far as "multiple"). How will you solve it?
Do you want to add a second checkbox for Extrafanarts (like Extrathumbs)?

1) full size images are downloaded on the fly.
2) the multiple is the issue I'm working on right now. It should be via parent id
3) extrathumb, extrafanrt are not clear to me, if you explain how it should work I can do it.