Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - AnthonyJS02 - 2013-05-05

One question i have always wondered, what exactly does the options Clear Cache, Reload all movies, and clean database do? I run them everynow and then but not sure what they mainly do or if hurts or if its good?

I see you can now export your movie list into a xml file then open into excel to view. Is there a more simple way of exporting your just list of movies into a excel and then in the next column having a yes or no/checkbox for if the movie has fanart/banner/cdart/logo/etc in the movie folder? Or if anything just a simple movie export of the list name with out all the extra stuff? Or if someone else knows of a different way, just dont feel like copying and pasting or retyping all movie names.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 17:15)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: One question i have always wondered, what exactly does the options Clear Cache, Reload all movies, and clean database do? I run them everynow and then but not sure what they mainly do or if hurts or if its good?

I see you can now export your movie list into a xml file then open into excel to view. Is there a more simple way of exporting your just list of movies into a excel and then in the next column having a yes or no/checkbox for if the movie has fanart/banner/cdart/logo/etc in the movie folder? Or if anything just a simple movie export of the list name with out all the extra stuff? Or if someone else knows of a different way, just dont feel like copying and pasting or retyping all movie names.

Clear cache:
Delete all files in Temp folder. These are pre-stored photos and tv show informations.

Reload all movies:
Ember reload all NFO's and search images and trailers in local folders.

Clean database:
Ember remove all movies they which are no longer available from the database.

The export list is a "copy" of the database. You can do whatever you want Big Grin

(2013-05-05, 17:09)m.savazzi Wrote: 3) extrathumb, extrafanrt are not clear to me, if you explain how it should work I can do it.

Extrathumbs are used in the movie info screen. These are in the normal case small pictures with movie scenes.
Extrafanarts are used for fanart slide shows in full resolution.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - gr33n - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 17:05)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 16:48)gr33n Wrote: hi ive updated from 1.3.0.9 to 1.3.0.12 and had to also update ht e db which worked.

ive wanted to update to the new bcs i had problems with manual change or manaul scrap movies which didnt worked, but with the new version it also doesnt work.

i choose the right movies from the imdb list klick Ok he is doing smht but not changing anything.

also ive get now alot Bolean error with the new one.

Check if only one scraper is enabled.

Awesome that did the Trick Big Grin

any ideia about those Boolean errors ? Link toPic

Happend after copy 1.3.0.12 into the 1.3.0.9 folder for update

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 17:59)gr33n Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 16:48)gr33n Wrote: hi ive updated from 1.3.0.9 to 1.3.0.12 and had to also update ht e db which worked.

ive wanted to update to the new bcs i had problems with manual change or manaul scrap movies which didnt worked, but with the new version it also doesnt work.

i choose the right movies from the imdb list klick Ok he is doing smht but not changing anything.

can you send us the log file?
under ember prog folder \ log

(2013-05-05, 18:04)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 17:05)DanCooper Wrote: Check if only one scraper is enabled.

Its full of these

Title: Error
Message: Die Zeichenfolge wurde nicht als gültiger Boolean erkannt.
StackTrace: bei System.Boolean.Parse(String value)
bei System.String.System.IConvertible.ToBoolean(IFormatProvider provider)
bei System.Convert.ToBoolean(Object value)
bei Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.dgvMediaList_CellPainting(Object sender, DataGridViewCellPaintingEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 05.05.2013 16:20:46
===========================================================================================

all the same message

(2013-05-05, 17:38)DanCooper Wrote: Extrathumbs are used in the movie info screen. These are in the normal case small pictures with movie scenes.

so where we should get the thumbs from?

also I've seen that the extra thumbs are only 4 called thumb1 ... Thumb4

M

If you have edited the Media.emm with SQLite Browser you must set the HasWatched column to BOOL, not BOUND.

(2013-05-05, 18:07)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 17:38)DanCooper Wrote: Extrathumbs are used in the movie info screen. These are in the normal case small pictures with movie scenes.

M

These are normal fanarts.

(2013-05-05, 18:10)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 17:59)gr33n Wrote: [quote='DanCooper' pid='1413705' dateline='1367766349']

If you have edited the Media.emm with SQLite Browser you must set the HasWatched column to BOOL, not BOUND.

hmm strange im sure ive wrote the word BOOL Huh , ive redone it and error gone Cool

Well it semi did the trick, he now let me choose the fanarts etc and also puts the info in edit movie inside
Edit Movie info inside Pic

but when i klick Ok he doesnt save it
when i open it up agn
Edit Movie empty
its not saved :/
also when i add per hand now there some infos and klick ok and reopen it, its gone
Nothing in the Log files

On automatic Mode it does work.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 11:02)orbtwin Wrote: what about the question about subtitle locks?
i've done some tests again and still gets the same error: subtitles are erased when clicking reload streamdetails.

thx!
Had a full schedule this weekend so I didn't touch Ember at all, sorry for that - it's on my to do list Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-04, 16:40)humpe Wrote: I appreciate frequent updates and don’t mind starting from scratch every now and then. One thing I keep forgetting when moving to a new version is adding two video codec mappings. XBMC does not know about the following two:
Code:
<codec>microsoft</codec>
<codec>v_mpeg2</codec>
By not know, I mean that there is no corresponding image that will be displayed in media flagging until the movie has been played. The names used by XBMC are wvc1 and mpeg2video. Are there any obvious downsides to add these mappings to Settings->Miscellaneous->Audio & Video Codec Mapping by default?

Unless it breaks anything, I suggest that two mappings be added to the default set of video codec mappings:
Code:
microsoft -> wvc1
v_mpeg2 -> mpeg2video

and related to previous post, checking the list of mapped codecs, the following values, does not map to an image in XBMC.
dx50
mpeg4
div3
3ivx

To get XBMC to display an image in media flagging before the video has been played, the value of the codec element + ".png" should be found in
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/addons/skin.confluence/media/flagging/video

The same is true for audio codec values and
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/addons/skin.confluence/media/flagging/audio
interesting I will look at it, thanks for sharing! Smile

(2013-05-05, 18:06)gr33n Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 18:04)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 17:59)gr33n Wrote: Awesome that did the Trick Big Grin

Its full of these

Title: Error
Message: Die Zeichenfolge wurde nicht als gültiger Boolean erkannt.
StackTrace: bei System.Boolean.Parse(String value)
bei System.String.System.IConvertible.ToBoolean(IFormatProvider provider)
bei System.Convert.ToBoolean(Object value)
bei Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.dgvMediaList_CellPainting(Object sender, DataGridViewCellPaintingEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 05.05.2013 16:20:46
===========================================================================================

all the same message

weird....

(2013-05-05, 18:10)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 18:07)m.savazzi Wrote:

M

These are normal fanarts.

So now I'm confused.

thumb1...thumb4: are fanart? where do I get them?
what are these ones: Extrathumbs are used in the movie info screen. These are in the normal case small pictures with movie scenes.? where do I get them?

Extrafanart are additional fanart, how many of them?

M

(2013-05-05, 21:21)m.savazzi Wrote: weird....
No, is not wired Blush This is the "HasWatched" column is not bolean (BOOL) error. I think he has edited the Media.emm not correctly.

(2013-05-05, 21:21)m.savazzi Wrote: So now I'm confused.

thumb1...thumb4: are fanart? where do I get them?
what are these ones: Extrathumbs are used in the movie info screen. These are in the normal case small pictures with movie scenes.? where do I get them?

Extrafanart are additional fanart, how many of them?

M

You can add extrathumbs while manual scraping with the checkboxes. The size is controlled by Settings -> Movies -> Images -> native/TMDB scraper -> Extrathumb Size.
I personally have set "Thumb" because the images appear very small in XBMC.

Exrafanarts are for background/fanart slide shows in XBMC and need the same/best resolution like normal fanarts.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - michael123 - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-04, 10:56)DanCooper Wrote: You can remove the Folder/File name filter [\w]\(?\d{4}\)?.* from the list. Now the year is not removed from movie title.

Thanks, that's perfect, scraping them all fine now, gone from asking me to manually select 50% to about 5%, massive difference, any reason that's disabled by default?

I have change the TMDB scraper and add a new feature for next release:
Currently the plot is used as outline. I have changed that, now the plot is used as the plot and add e new option/function to use the plot as the outline if the outline is empty (TMDB don't has outlines, only plots). Now a outline limit can be set. Ember examined the last complete sentence and shortens the outline up to this point. Should the limit be set so short that the outline would be empty Ember will use the first sentence.

(2013-05-05, 21:53)michael123 Wrote:
(2013-05-04, 10:56)DanCooper Wrote: You can remove the Folder/File name filter [\w]\(?\d{4}\)?.* from the list. Now the year is not removed from movie title.

Thanks, that's perfect, scraping them all fine now, gone from asking me to manually select 50% to about 5%, massive difference, any reason that's disabled by default?

The point is that the filter is a very good way to clean the title for searching. Many people don't rename filenames befor scraping. Ember can't find movies with titles like "avatar.xvid.720p.2010.teamrazor.avi" on IMDB. If one filter regex match with the title, Ember cut off all characters after the match and give a cleaned title back.

I try to change the searching with IMDB ID, so that the filter does not need to be changed.