Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-07

I have never tested without path (x:\), always with min. one parent folder (x:\movies).
Thank you for informations, I try to fix this.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - IceNine - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-07, 23:49)DanCooper Wrote: I have never tested without path (x:\), always with min. one parent folder (x:\movies).
Thank you for informations, I try to fix this.

Excellent, thank you! Let me know if you need any more info on what I am seeing on my end.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - michael123 - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-07, 18:36)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 22:24)michael123 Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 18:39)michael123 Wrote: Yeah cleaned the library and removed the source and re-added it. Tested 3 single part and 3 multipart films, fanart is there for the single parts, and blank for the multiparts (just the default xbmc wallpaper). It's not reading the poster either on closer examination.

I found a post in this thread that said <movie>-fanart.jpg doesn't work with multipart films and you have to use fanart.jpg, is this correct?

Any ideas on how to fix films with multi parts, from the look of it, ember is scraping them incorrectly.

Thanks.

*edit* I made a linked thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164213

I have fix that in code, but XBMC does not support multipart with (). But you can add it to advancedsettings.xml (XBMC).
But I would rename the files. With the Bulk Rename Utility which is very fast.

I couldn't figure out Bulk Rename Utility (looked crazy complicated), but I used flexible renamed to swap "(CD1)" to ".CD1." and that seems to have worked.

I have a feature request based on my experience. When scraping using "Ask (Require input when no exact match" would it be possible for it to queue all the asks until the end, that way it will scrape all the others and you can quickly go through the asks at the end, currently I have to check back every minute or two to approve one as it will just wait otherwise. Would help out in my opinion.

Thanks for all the help to get this working.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - IceNine - 2013-05-08

Oh boy, I just can't get rid of these errors in 1.3.0.12.

EDIT: Nevermind! I deleted my Settings.xml and AdvancedSettings.xml files and started from scratch, seems to be working now.

I got all my movies to scrape right from the existing info I had already, but trying to add new movies is opening a whole new can of worms. I tried using the native scrapers, I tried using the TMDB scraper, I tried using both. I can't get through a single scrape on a new movie without some kind of error or issue. The best I can get is actually pulling the poster I want and some random fanart. The one I pick doesn't get scraped, it seems to just pull the image that is last on the list. Most of the time I get this error again:

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:    at EmberScraperModule.dlgImgSelect.OK_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Date/Time: 5/7/2013 7:50:43 PM
===========================================================================================

and nothing at all gets scraped.

Some of the other errors I have been graced with in my logs are

Code:
Title: Error: C:\Program Files (x86)\EmberMM\Temp\1904996\posters\poster_(original)_(url=rds.com$s$2013$s$posters$s$parker_ver5_xlg.jpg).jpg
StackTrace:    at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
   at EmberAPI.Images.FromFile(String sPath)
Date/Time: 5/7/2013 7:47:04 PM
===========================================================================================

and

Code:
Title: Error: C:\Program Files (x86)\EmberMM\Temp\1904996\posters\poster_(original)_(url=mpawards.com$s$2013$s$posters$s$parker_xlg.jpg).jpg
StackTrace:    at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
   at EmberAPI.Images.FromFile(String sPath)
Date/Time: 5/7/2013 7:47:04 PM

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-07, 21:17)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-07, 05:23)RonnieSunde Wrote: filter / search box above movies list:

typing in it automagically searches and shows the movies based on what the dropdown is selected, the dropdown needs at least ONE more option and that is character, I wanted to filter out all james bond movies, but NONE of the movies have james bond, james, bond, or any combination in the movie name... since james bond is played by several actors I cant search for them either, soooooo... character filter is VERY useful =)
"Role" added to dropdown menu.

(2013-05-07, 05:23)RonnieSunde Wrote: when typing in the box, it gets disabled while searching which is QUITE annoying, if the search actually find something it is then brought back alive and IN FOCUS, if the search doesnt find anything the box is brought back to life but NOT IN FOCUS... quite annoying!
Fixed.

(2013-05-07, 05:23)RonnieSunde Wrote: searching for something, (lets stay with james bond), so I search for daniel craig the actor... what if I want to search for daniel craig the director?? selecting something else in the dropdown resets the searchbox...
Fixed. Now the search field is no longer cleared after change dropbox and refreshing the results with new dropbox item.

(2013-05-07, 05:23)RonnieSunde Wrote: the search dropdown should have producer as well.
the search could also search for people in general (actor, director and producer)
"Credits" added to dropdown menu.

Also added a small fanart window to main screen for users with a small screen:

Wow nice changes! Good job! Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - grumbler - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-07, 21:02)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-05-07, 18:36)DanCooper Wrote: Extrafanart is not supported by Ember. You can set the extrathumbs to original quallity and rename the folder.
Will add that AFTER the new version of the scrapers is finished.

That would really be fantastic. This extrathumbs <-> extrafanart problem bothers me since the early days of ember, I even created an Issue once in the old bugtracker. You have this great feature of scraping a lot of fanarts for a movie with some simple clicks to some checkboxes during scrape, but XBMC can't use them because they are stored in the wrong folder.

Thanx for addressing it Smile

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-07, 23:13)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-07, 22:51)orbtwin Wrote: hello again everybody:

i've tested again the old bug with the overlay icon for a language.
Occurs with all kind of audio codecs. Doesn't matter if the movie has an mp3, Ac3 or DTS audio stream (i haven't any movies with other audio codecs)

1.start ember.
2.refresh movie list.
3.if i click a movie with only one audio stream, then the icon shown are correct: without overlay (in my case: english audio).
4.if i click a movie with somekind of audio codecs (2) (e.g AC3) then ember shows the correct overlay icon (this is the normal behaviour)
.....then ALL movies with AC3 stream shows the overlay icon, despite of movies have only ONE.
5.the same with other audio codecs.

For short: the first time the overlay icon appers in Ember, are shown for everykind of movie with that audio codec.
It's an error of rendering?

I will check this again tomorrow. I thing this is an unloading process fail.

Ok...Dan. thanks for fixing!...
great!!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - RonnieSunde - 2013-05-08

typing in it automagically searches and shows the movies based on what the dropdown is selected, the dropdown needs at least ONE more option and that is character, I wanted to filter out all james bond movies, but NONE of the movies have james bond, james, bond, or any combination in the movie name... since james bond is played by several actors I cant search for them either, soooooo... character filter is VERY useful =)

(2013-05-07, 05:23)RonnieSunde Wrote: when typing in the box, it gets disabled while searching which is QUITE annoying, if the search actually find something it is then brought back alive and IN FOCUS, if the search doesnt find anything the box is brought back to life but NOT IN FOCUS... quite annoying!
Fixed.

(2013-05-07, 05:23)RonnieSunde Wrote: searching for something, (lets stay with james bond), so I search for daniel craig the actor... what if I want to search for daniel craig the director?? selecting something else in the dropdown resets the searchbox...
Fixed. Now the search field is no longer cleared after change dropbox and refreshing the results with new dropbox item.

(2013-05-07, 05:23)RonnieSunde Wrote: the search dropdown should have producer as well.
the search could also search for people in general (actor, director and producer)

Awesome =)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bry - 2013-05-08

anybody able to pull trailers for Parker (2013)?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - IceNine - 2013-05-08

Found another potential issue, although not nearly as serious as the other problems I have been having recently. There are certain files, most of which seem to end in "Part 1" or "Part 2", although not all, that won't process through the Bulk File Renamer. The majority of my movies work fine but these just won't get changed. There are no errors that come up and the processing appears to work, the file names just don't change and if I run the BFR again the same files come up.

Here is a screenshot of the movies I am having trouble with, any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I did a little more testing and even if I delete all the metadata first and rescrape with the option to automatically rename the files on scrape, it will create (and the presumably rename) the metadata files and poster etc, but the original file name of the video is not changed. I have tried running Ember as administrator and not with no difference, and my testing was done on a file that was not a Part 1, Part 2 etc. Also, Ember will not detect that the metadata even exists, it shows it missing in the movie list. If I remove the movie from the database, rename it by hand to the 'fixed' names the metadata is using and then rescrape it everything shows up fine. Still no errors at any time during this.

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-08

Looks like a stacking problem. I will check that.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - IceNine - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-08, 17:44)DanCooper Wrote: Looks like a stacking problem. I will check that.

I think you are right, the one commonality I saw in all the movies was the word 'part' somewhere in the title, even as part of another word. For example, the movie "A Man Apart" was on the list, and sometimes when I would try to have Ember change the name, either through the BMR or by the auto-rename on scrape function, it would make files titled "A Man A.nfo" etc. So it seems like the word 'part' is the problem.

On a different issue I found while looking at this, it seems like the BMR doesn't like having a comma in the name of the movie. It cuts off everything after the comma when renaming the movie. You can see from my screenshot that the top 2 movies, which end in ,Part 1 and ,Part 2 before the (year) at the end are cut off after the comma, although the year is still put in. The other movies with other characters like a colon or hyphen seem fine. Just the comma is broken. Thanks again for all the work you are putting into this!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bobrap - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-06, 19:17)Drazzilb Wrote: Ok i'm sorry I've searched and searched. I have v 1.3.0.12. The TMDB Api key field asks me to input said key. How do i go about getting one or is this something yet to be implemented.

Thanks

I'd like to know also. Smile

(2013-05-08, 08:09)Cocotus Wrote:

Fixed.

Wow nice changes! Good job! Smile

What version has these changes? Thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-09

1.3.0.newscrapers

all movie scrapers adapted.

Now I need to fix the TV ones and the other modules.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Walhalla - 2013-05-09

Is scraping simultaneously with the native scraper and tmdb scraper broken or not working by design? I want to scrape all info but title, genre, plot and tagline from imdb and the mentioned fields from tmdb. I unchecked the not wanted fields in the native scraper and checked only the wanted fields in the tmdb scraper. But somehow i only end up with the values from the tmdb scraper.