Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

- boognish43 - 2012-02-05

I am not sure if this tool will do this but heres what Im looking for:

A program to rename each folder from [Moviename (year)] to [Moviename (year) (bitrate)] where bitrate would be SD,720 or 1080

Can I have ember scrape all the movies and then be able to use the metadata to rename each folder this way?

Sorry if this is outside the scope of this program and if it is does anyone have any tips or ideas?

- Randall Lind - 2012-02-05

Brodrick,

Ember still crash at time not sure if it because of the name files or what. I had to start Ember 5 times got some files scape and renamed. Seems it still is crashing on start up.

A problem has cause this program to stop working correctly. Windows will not close the program and notify you if a solution available.

click close nothing pops up so no idea why it is crashing. Is there an error log? I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

- gotoman00 - 2012-02-05

Thizizmyname Wrote:Did a little googlesearch for the full list. This is from tuscani, the author of the old EMM-r:

thanks i found that list as well but i was hoping for some further explanation as to what all of those options do... i get most of the top ones but i'm not sure how everything else works... right now i'm using -newauto -all with eventghost which i'm assuming scrapes everything for new library entries, but i'd like to have it scrape just the one movie at a time rather than everything that's new.... reason being i have it rename the files and folders as well and sometimes there are multiple files being extracted and if they're not finished when the scrape occurs it causes problems.. some general instructions for all of the options would be nice... please Big Grin

- TeKo - 2012-02-05

boognish43 Wrote:I am not sure if this tool will do this but heres what Im looking for:

A program to rename each folder from [Moviename (year)] to [Moviename (year) (bitrate)] where bitrate would be SD,720 or 1080

Can I have ember scrape all the movies and then be able to use the metadata to rename each folder this way?

Sorry if this is outside the scope of this program and if it is does anyone have any tips or ideas?

Yea scrape everything in your lib then run tools->bulk renamer and use this:
$T ($Y) ($R)
=
300 (2006) (1080p)
You could also use the source tag to get (Bluray/DVD...).

- Randall Lind - 2012-02-05

TeKo Wrote:Yea scrape everything in your lib then run tools->bulk renamer and use this:
$T ($Y) ($R)
=
300 (2006) (1080p)

where do I put this? folder or file pattern? Damn this is cool.Only one issue now it shows 2 of each movie 300 then 300 (2006) etc

- TeKo - 2012-02-05

Dpends if you want this to be the folder name copy it into both fields on the left if you want it to be also the file name copy into the right field.

You see the result in the 2 left columns.

Settings->Movies-> Files and Sources: check the box "Clean databse after update"
That should fix the problem.

- boognish43 - 2012-02-06

TeKo Wrote:Yea scrape everything in your lib then run tools->bulk renamer and use this:
$T ($Y) ($R)
=
300 (2006) (1080p)

Im trying to scrape the movies but is not saving the info. All I want is to scrape the metadata(nfo) for this to work correct?

I scrape it and its there but as soon as I update library it loses the nfo

I dont want to scrape all the extra stuff since I dont need it but even trying that it doesnt work

any advice?

- Randall Lind - 2012-02-06

Still crashing a lot I can use it for 2 - 5 mins before it crashes but today I got this:

The program stop working

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Users\Randall Lind\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2EF0.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Randall Lind\AppData\Local\Temp\WER4973.tmp.hdmp

Tring to fix the crashing and maybe this can help Brodock.

This is the first time Windows gave me a detail button BTW. I deleted the temp files and seems to be working great. I figure if Ember wants then she can remake them LOL

- Randall Lind - 2012-02-06

Oh I forgot to say Thanks to Teko for all the help

Custom Genre - sg1102 - 2012-02-06

Hi,

Ive been looking for a while and cant seem to find an answer anywhere. Sorry if its been asked before but how do I add a custom genre in EMM ? (a genre that's not in the list when I scrape a movie for example a genre called "Latest" or something like that)

Thanks in advance.

- TeKo - 2012-02-06

Dont think you can do this in Ember but you can just open the .nfo and add any genre.

Quote:<genre>sdfsdf / sdfsdf / sdfsdf</genre>

- sg1102 - 2012-02-06

TeKo Wrote:Dont think you can do this in Ember but you can just open the .nfo and add any genre.

you mean .nfo of every movie that i want the genre?

- JustinAiken - 2012-02-06

Or go to Edit>Settings>Modules>Genre Editor :p

- TeKo - 2012-02-06

After searching for a min I have to correct you Wink
clock2113 Wrote:Or go to Edit>Settings>Miscellaneous>Genre Editor :p

- sg1102 - 2012-02-07

TeKo Wrote:After searching for a min I have to correct you Wink

Aahh .. Thanks. I wonder why i didnt look there.