Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

- Randall Lind - 2012-02-07

I hope this help people this is the reason I post. I figure if Ember is crashing for me then other must have the same issue.

After I deleted the following:

C:\Users\Randall Lind\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2EF0.tmp.WERInternalMet adata.xml
C:\Users\Randall Lind\AppData\Local\Temp\WER4973.tmp.hdmp

Ember hasn't crash once. Thanks to Teko rename all files $T ($Y) ($R) name, yr, res now I can work on replacing anything under 720p with a simple look.

Taking EMM scrapper to next level! - geek-baba - 2012-02-07

This is the best scrapper for XBMC and I have been using this for many years, very glad that it has been picked up again for development! However I feel since this project was orphaned for quite sometime it is behind in many ways with new XBMC and revolutionary skins which have released in past few years. I would love to see EMM able to download clearart, logos etc for tvshows just like artwork downloader plugin for XBMC. I also love artwork downloader however it does not have control what I would like to download.

I also tried EMM-experimental and was disappointed to see the way its downloading extrathumb in low res, I hope this will be corrected in the final version!

- Orbi - 2012-02-07

shwetkprabhat Wrote:This is the best scrapper for XBMC and I have been using this for many years, very glad that it has been picked up again for development! However I feel since this project was orphaned for quite sometime it is behind in many ways with new XBMC and revolutionary skins which have released in past few years. I would love to see EMM able to download clearart, logos etc for tvshows just like artwork downloader plugin for XBMC. I also love artwork downloader however it does not have control what I would like to download.

I also tried EMM-experimental and was disappointed to see the way its downloading extrathumb in low res, I hope this will be corrected in the final version!

Bodrick has resumed development but has been operated to his hand(s) recently. That is why there has been no update recently. He has declared that the first priority is to work the bugs out and restore prime functionality. Afterwards, he will work on the skin candy related features you're asking.

I think the bulk renamer is broken and needs to be looked at. When I use it will makes dups of my movies and doesn't get removed by cleaning the database.

The only way I can fix this is deleting Media.emm then re adding my movies , TV shows.

- maeda - 2012-02-07

maeda Wrote:first post on xbmc so i hope someone will help out with my few questions

1.how can i tell ember to exclude for eg. .nfo or .txt files from auto renaming?

ty

anyone?

also, can anyone reproduce this bug i'm having? if i go to settings - miscellaneous - media source editor, and change source name from, for eg. bluray to some new name,
and than rescrape new movie, it still puts bluray in 'video source'
It supposed to accept custom video source names, right?

- TeKo - 2012-02-07

Randall Lind Wrote:I think the bulk renamer is broken and needs to be looked at. When I use it will makes dups of my movies and doesn't get removed by cleaning the database.

The only way I can fix this is deleting Media.emm then re adding my movies , TV shows.

Check the movie folders for a second .nfo.
I had a problem where Ember doesnt delete the old .nfo.

notice 2 nfo in folders - Randall Lind - 2012-02-07

TeKo Wrote:Check the movie folders for a second .nfo.
I had a problem where Ember doesnt delete the old .nfo.

Come to think of it I did notice two .nfo in folders. Still needs to be fix somehow. Thanks I will do that next time. movie.nfo, movie.tbn then I have 300.nfo 300.tbn so I am not sure which is new

Teko I deleted all files from the movie Downfall but for the movie itself to see what happen when I scrape it

It made the following files when scarping: Downfall.nfo , Downfall.tbn, Down-fanart.jpg , fanart.jpg, movie.nfo and movie.tbn

This is even before I use the bulk renamer so why it is making 2 fansrt, nfo and tbn files?

- TeKo - 2012-02-07

Edit>Settings>File System:
On the right check "/movie.nfo"
When You clean files it should delete every movie.nfo but keep the .nfo with the movie name.

- geek-baba - 2012-02-08

Orbi Wrote:Bodrick has resumed development but has been operated to his hand(s) recently. That is why there has been no update recently. He has declared that the first priority is to work the bugs out and restore prime functionality. Afterwards, he will work on the skin candy related features you're asking.

Best wishes to Bodrick for faster recovery! and I agree with his fixing the bugs than adding more functionality!

- Randall Lind - 2012-02-08

I gave up on the bulk renamer still have issues. So I just rename all movies Movie, YR the righclick auto rename which seems to work best for me.

Possible to add banner in YAMJ module? - solamnic - 2012-02-08

A very popular display on many NMT devices (such as popcorn etc) is the banner display of TVShows (Season 1.banner.jpg) is it possible for EmberMM to scrape also banners (besides Posters and Fanart)...

Thank you for your time and keep up the great updates Nod

- TeKo - 2012-02-08

Yea you can scrape banners instead of posters for TV Shows.

- solamnic - 2012-02-09

both are needed Wink posters and banners ....

- TeKo - 2012-02-09

Yea should work.
You can load Poster (Banner), Fanart, All Season Poster (Poster) and then the Poster for each Season.