Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - aptalca - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-11, 00:01)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 23:25)aptalca Wrote: Hi guys, just a quick question. I have always used xbmc's internal imdb scraper and was very happy with it except for the trailer link part. (Although now it supports youtube trailer scraping from tmdb and it is awesome)

However I have about 600 movies in my library most of which are associated with yahoo trailers that cannot play without endless buffering.

I would like to do a partial scrape just for the trailers. I am using a mysql database and all of my movies have the nfo's generated along with the local artwork. If I do a full library rescrape with the new imdb scraper, ignoring the local information, trailers will update but I will also lose all the artwork that I had previously changed.

Can ember go through the nfo's and update just the trailer links so that I can do a library refresh from the nfo's? or better yet can it update the library itself with the new trailers from tmdb?

Thanks

Yes...

In XBMC you can export all scraped informations (use the "export to separate files" mode), covers and fanarts to your local movie folders. Then you can import everything in and change/scrape only the trailers. Then rescan/rebuild the database in XBMC. But this works only if each movie in its own folder.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Import/Export_library

Thanks Dan,

But I think you misunderstood my question. I have done the export/import cycle before. The problem with that is when exporting, xbmc automatically creates the nfo file with the streaming trailer link. And when you import those back into the library, the trailer link comes from the nfo file, it doesn't get rescraped.

My question was whether ember could modify the nfo's to change only the trailer links.

Or an easier way would be if ember could directly update the database like xbne but in an automated fashion. I am not sure if ember is able to do that or not.

Thanks

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-04-11

With mysql you can't directly update the database. Bit you can only scrape and update the nfo trailer link in Ember. take the option automatic scrape, all, only trailers.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TeKo - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-11, 02:34)aptalca Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 00:01)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 23:25)aptalca Wrote: Hi guys, just a quick question. I have always used xbmc's internal imdb scraper and was very happy with it except for the trailer link part. (Although now it supports youtube trailer scraping from tmdb and it is awesome)

However I have about 600 movies in my library most of which are associated with yahoo trailers that cannot play without endless buffering.

I would like to do a partial scrape just for the trailers. I am using a mysql database and all of my movies have the nfo's generated along with the local artwork. If I do a full library rescrape with the new imdb scraper, ignoring the local information, trailers will update but I will also lose all the artwork that I had previously changed.

Can ember go through the nfo's and update just the trailer links so that I can do a library refresh from the nfo's? or better yet can it update the library itself with the new trailers from tmdb?

Thanks

Yes...

In XBMC you can export all scraped informations (use the "export to separate files" mode), covers and fanarts to your local movie folders. Then you can import everything in and change/scrape only the trailers. Then rescan/rebuild the database in XBMC. But this works only if each movie in its own folder.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Import/Export_library

Thanks Dan,

But I think you misunderstood my question. I have done the export/import cycle before. The problem with that is when exporting, xbmc automatically creates the nfo file with the streaming trailer link. And when you import those back into the library, the trailer link comes from the nfo file, it doesn't get rescraped.

My question was whether ember could modify the nfo's to change only the trailer links.

Or an easier way would be if ember could directly update the database like xbne but in an automated fashion. I am not sure if ember is able to do that or not.

Thanks

Yes you can scrape for trailer only.

Scrape Media>All Movies>Auto>Trailer only

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - aptalca - 2012-04-11

Oh that's great

I just downloaded ember and tried it out (on a sample batch)

It seems even if I do just the trailer update, it still rewrites the whole nfo. The info seems to be unchanged except reorganized and certain characters are replaced such as ' -> '
I hope that doesn't cause a problem when re-imported.

One thing I noticed is that if I select both imdb and tmdb as trailer source, imdb has a higher priority. Do you guys find imdb more useful or tmdb when it comes to trailers?

Thanks

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - RockDawg - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-11, 09:03)DanCooper Wrote: With mysql you can't directly update the database.

It turns out that you can directly update mySQL dbs! I thought the XBMC Controller module was broken altogether because I couldn't even get it to work on a local SQLite db. After you said it does wok on those, I uninstalled EMM and did a fresh install. It then worked on a local SQLite db, but even better it now also works on my central mySQL db! I turned on notifications and and changed the plot of one of my existing movies to "TEST". When I saved it in EMM, I got a notification on XBMC and when I went into the movie info for that movie the plot read "TEST". I did the same to put the correct plot back and again it worked. I know it used to not work on mySQL dbs, but maybe recent XBMC changes somehow fixed that.

This is a huge finding for me as I sorely missed this feature.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-11, 15:45)RockDawg Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 09:03)DanCooper Wrote: With mysql you can't directly update the database.

It turns out that you can directly update mySQL dbs! I thought the XBMC Controller module was broken altogether because I couldn't even get it to work on a local SQLite db. After you said it does wok on those, I uninstalled EMM and did a fresh install. It then worked on a local SQLite db, but even better it now also works on my central mySQL db! I turned on notifications and and changed the plot of one of my existing movies to "TEST". When I saved it in EMM, I got a notification on XBMC and when I went into the movie info for that movie the plot read "TEST". I did the same to put the correct plot back and again it worked. I know it used to not work on mySQL dbs, but maybe recent XBMC changes somehow fixed that.

Ohhh?!? Sorry for my wrong information. But good to know =)
(2012-04-11, 01:25)bodrick Wrote: On my version I did manage to get some IMDB trailers working, some are mp4's and the rest seem to be rtmp. But the mp4's do download and you can play them.

Your version 1.3.0.4 and github are the same state?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Axodious - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-11, 01:25)bodrick Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 00:42)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 22:05)bodrick Wrote: Can you let me know what updates you made so I can figure out how to integrate them with my version of the source.
Thanks

Watch your github. I have make 3 requests.

Edit:
One thing I forget: The labeling of the "Supported Sites" in the "scraper setup / trailer" is reversed (frmMediaSettingsHolder.vb).

Thanks Dan, and thanks for updating things, hopefully now I've got a better grip on things I can continue working and fixing bugs and improving Ember, and the more contributing the better, I'm but just one man Smile

(2012-04-11, 01:12)Axodious Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 21:38)DanCooper Wrote: rtmp links are from imdb. deactivate imdb in trailer settings. YouTube works only if a video in the tmdb database.

IMDB is disabled.

On my version I did manage to get some IMDB trailers working, some are mp4's and the rest seem to be rtmp. But the mp4's do download and you can play them.
(2012-04-11, 00:36)henrava Wrote: Bodrick, first thanks for your work on ember. I wonder what is the procedure for making requests, better on the forum or something other ?
If is correct asking here, i request the possibility to not store links to images of the actors in the info file. I have already disable retrieving actor's images in the settings, but the creation of links continues.

Well I do have the project site that can keep track of all requests in a more formal manner. That way it can be tracked and associated with a release.

I'm not trying to download the trailers, I'm trying to get them all to show as Youtube plugin links. I only have TMDB Youtube enabled and it's still grabbing IMDB links.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-11, 17:31)Axodious Wrote: I'm not trying to download the trailers, I'm trying to get them all to show as Youtube plugin links. I only have TMDB Youtube enabled and it's still grabbing IMDB links.

Ember version 1.3.0.4 or my "share-online"-version?

(2012-04-11, 17:36)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 17:31)Axodious Wrote: I'm not trying to download the trailers, I'm trying to get them all to show as Youtube plugin links. I only have TMDB Youtube enabled and it's still grabbing IMDB links.

Ember version 1.3.0.4 or my "share-online"-version?

Your latest version as posted on the forum.

(2012-04-10, 20:12)DanCooper Wrote: I have build a new version of Ember with full Youtube-Plugin support for XBMC.

- Based on Ember source 10.04.2012 (1.3.0.3)
- auto-scraping youtube trailers from TMDB in XBMC format (plugins://xxx)
- manual scraping youtube trailers from TMDB in XBMC format (plugins://xxx)
- "found local trailer" bug fixed
- fixed the incorrect labeling in settings (now YouTube/TMDB is realy YouTube/TMDB ;-)
- XBMC-Controller with trailer support

download

feel free to share on other hosters

You took this version? These works.

Please test the manual way in "edit movie" (green +). If the links is NOT correct (with plugin://) or no link found, try enable IMDB and disable TMDB.

my setting:

When trying to disable/enable IMDB/TMDB the apply button stays greyed out as if I haven't changed any settings. If I uncheck/check Enable Trailer Support then the button lights up. Changing the setting and hitting OK keep the movie I'm testing with as RTMP.

Edit: I didn't have Enable Trailer Support enabled in the Scrapers - Images & Trailers area, when I enable it I get the green + and click it the URL after I download the list of trailers shows as plugin:// there but it's still RTMP in the automated scrape.

Edit 2: If I enable IMDB only it still grabs the RTMP link but if I hit the green + and click Download Trailer List it doesn't do anything.

(2012-04-11, 18:00)Axodious Wrote: Edit 2: If I enable IMDB only it still grabs the RTMP link but if I hit the green + and click Download Trailer List it doesn't do anything.

In the last Version IMDB & TMDB it was reversed.... was only an attempt. If the link in manual mode correct, the problem is another.

Get during automated scrapers, only get url & get during single scrape is activate?

I'm dumb, the problem was I didn't have get during automated scrapers and during single scrape activated. Sorry for wasting time. >_<

Edit: It was weird though that even though I didn't have them activated for some movies it was grabbing the plugin URL which is what confused me.

Cool

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bodrick - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-11, 17:04)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 15:45)RockDawg Wrote:

Ohhh?!? Sorry for my wrong information. But good to know =)
(2012-04-11, 01:25)bodrick Wrote: On my version I did manage to get some IMDB trailers working, some are mp4's and the rest seem to be rtmp. But the mp4's do download and you can play them.

Your version 1.3.0.4 and github are the same state?

Not yet, I've not pushed out to github with my latest changes.