Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - user321 - 2012-05-08

Hi all,

I've tried quite a few different versions of EMMr on one particular PC (fresh "extracts" of EMMr), but I always get the following screen which just sits there:

Any ideas?

Thanks Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-05-08

(2012-05-08, 16:31)user321 Wrote: Hi all,

I've tried quite a few different versions of EMMr on one particular PC (fresh "extracts" of EMMr), but I always get the following screen which just sits there:

[image removed]

Any ideas?

Thanks Smile

Windows version?
I think its a .net framework problem...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - tismon - 2012-05-08

I'm sure that this has been answered, but I can't seem to find it. I spent most of yesterday evening using ember to get my movies and tv shows into shape (on my media server) and by the end, ember was happy. So then I do a fresh install of XBMC 11 onto another computer that has been playing via SMB. So this is how I set it up again. However, XBMC seems to ignore all of the data that Ember just organized and is scraping it's own information. How do I prevent this/tell it where to find/use the networked files?

I followed this guide, which could possibly be out of date.
Thank you

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - maxmax123 - 2012-05-08

Very nice, I love this app.

(2012-05-08, 20:41)tismon Wrote: I'm sure that this has been answered, but I can't seem to find it. I spent most of yesterday evening using ember to get my movies and tv shows into shape (on my media server) and by the end, ember was happy. So then I do a fresh install of XBMC 11 onto another computer that has been playing via SMB. So this is how I set it up again. However, XBMC seems to ignore all of the data that Ember just organized and is scraping it's own information. How do I prevent this/tell it where to find/use the networked files?

I followed this guide, which could possibly be out of date.
Thank you

XBMC does this automatically. If local files exist they are used. It is only necessary the set correct scraper in sources (movies = themoviedb, tvshows = thetvdb).

The settings are correct from your tutorial. There just too many options are selected, which were not really necessary.
Check my old post for more informations.

If you understand German you look at my tutorial.
You can watch there even view the pictures (Ember settings).

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - tismon - 2012-05-08

Thank you for the quick response, DanC.

If the scraped files are all on the server with the videos and shared, are they still considered local? I'm only questioning because when I added my newly scraped files via SMB, it took more than a handful of hours to add to the library and there's only about 1200 episodes (which seems to pale when compared to some).

Local = in the same folder like the movie or tvshow.

Can you post a screenshot of your movie and tvshow folder(s)?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - tismon - 2012-05-09

Sure, and for the record, I do own those. And I added the movie folder at about 5:30pm and it finished around 8:30pm.
If this is not what you meant, please feel free to let me know.
Image Image

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2012-05-09

Could we get a minor fix to artwork for TVshows?

For Season Artwork, would like the <season>-fanart.jpg show up as "season1-fanart.jpg" vs "Season 01 -fanart.jpg". Perhaps a new option for seasonX-fanart.jpg to be placed in the show's root, just in case someone is using the above setting for something else.

Newer XBMC skins are using this convention for season fanart.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Tomkun - 2012-05-09

Sorry if this has been asked, but would it be possible to have ember download both a poster.jpg and a banner.jpg for TV shows?

Second, I asked this a while ago, but I think it's worth bringing up again since ember has been revitalised; on IMDB some movies don't have MPAA ratings, but they do have a regular US rating. Why this is, I have no idea. It would be very useful if the US rating could be used as an MPAA rating but *only* when the MPAA rating does not exist.

I hope that makes sense, and thank you for keeping ember up to date.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-05-09

(2012-05-09, 04:11)tismon Wrote: Sure, and for the record, I do own those. And I added the movie folder at about 5:30pm and it finished around 8:30pm.
If this is not what you meant, please feel free to let me know.
[images removed]

Pic1, movies:
The following files you can delete in all movie folders:
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
poster.jpg

Then set the options in Ember as follows:

Pic2, tvshows:
I also need a screenshot of the folder "Psych" ....

(2012-05-09, 05:57)deh2k7 Wrote: Could we get a minor fix to artwork for TVshows?

For Season Artwork, would like the <season>-fanart.jpg show up as "season1-fanart.jpg" vs "Season 01 -fanart.jpg". Perhaps a new option for seasonX-fanart.jpg to be placed in the show's root, just in case someone is using the above setting for something else.

Newer XBMC skins are using this convention for season fanart.

What is the correct labeling/filename of a:
Season Fanart?
Episode Fanart?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - AgeOfPanic - 2012-05-09

First of all, let me say that I really like this program. A lot of stuff to configure, but after that it works very smoothly. I was wondering what the status update is on fixing the episodeguide tag in the tvshow.nfo. This prevents me from using the program for my thshows right now.

(2012-05-09, 11:55)AgeOfPanic Wrote: First of all, let me say that I really like this program. A lot of stuff to configure, but after that it works very smoothly. I was wondering what the status update is on fixing the episodeguide tag in the tvshow.nfo. This prevents me from using the program for my thshows right now.

What is the "episodeguide" tag? What's in it, or should be in there?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - user321 - 2012-05-09

(2012-05-08, 18:09)DanCooper Wrote: Windows version?
I think its a .net framework problem...

Sorry I should have said. Same version of Windows on all - Win 7 x64 Enterprise. I can't confirm the version of .NET on the PCs that work, but on this one that it doesn't work it's .NET 4 which has been around since Dec 2010. I performed a repair installation of .NET but that didn't help.

I found a log file. On opening EMMr it puts the following into it:

Quote:Title: Error
Message: This method implicitly uses CAS policy, which has been obsoleted by the .NET Framework. In order to enable CAS policy for compatibility reasons, please use the NetFx40_LegacySecurityPolicy configuration switch. Please see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=155570 for more information.
StackTrace: at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path, Evidence securityEvidence)
at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Date/Time: 09/05/2012 10:56:57
===========================================================================================

On closing, it adds:

Quote:Title: Error
Message: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
StackTrace: at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.BeginDbTransaction(IsolationLevel isolationLevel)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.BeginTransaction()
at EmberAPI.Database.BeginTransaction()
at EmberAPI.Database.ClearNew()
Date/Time: 09/05/2012 10:57:11
===========================================================================================

I found this article, but I don't think I as an end user can do anything: http://www.davidmoore.info/2010/12/17/running-net-2-runtime-applications-under-the-net-4-runtime/