Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - xbmcmc_user - 2012-06-09

Hello,

me again with same problem (see Problem discribed here).
I've spend a lot of time with Ember_1.3.0.5 to get ALL extrathumbs loaded as large images (not only 1 fanart).
But regardless of the settings I used only the displayed fanart is 1920x1080. All other fanarts will be loaded as small images.
Now I've downgraded to version Ember_1.3.0.1_x64 with imdb_olympia_v1.61.xml & nativ scraper.

During step 'Select Fanart' there is the check mark for Check all Original which selects automatically all 1920x1080 and 1280 images (without any duplicates). And after scraping all High-Res images be downloaded at extrathumbs.
I miss this simple but very usefully function at the newest EMM version. Only due to this missing function I use now the old version... Sad

Every hint or help how it is possible to get this functionality back with the newest EMM version is most welcome.

Best regards.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2012-06-10

(2012-06-08, 14:53)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: hey all having some issues on wrapping my head around the naming conventions for two, three and four part tv episodes. Could someone offer some pointers? I would appreciate it.

Here's what works for me, both in Ember and in XBMC.

Let's say we have a two part episode for the Tv Show "Friends", listed on thetvdb as #7 and #8 episodes in the season, but when you rip the episodes from your dvd, it comes across as a single file that contains both episodes.

See the link for reference:
Code:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=79168&seasonid=16105&lid=7

You would name the 2 episode, single file "Friends S03E07E08.mpg".

Accordingly, if the file contained more episodes, just keep adding the E0X to the end until you encapsulate all episodes.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - fional - 2012-06-10

(2012-06-09, 05:15)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:
(2012-06-09, 01:02)fional Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 14:53)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: hey all having some issues on wrapping my head around the naming conventions for two, three and four part tv episodes. Could someone offer some pointers? I would appreciate it.

Which episodes? Are they listed at thetvdb?

Yeah they are listed on Thetvdb the one that I can think of right off the top of my head at the moment is the A-Team.

Code:
Handling of multi-part episodes (two part episodes in one file, multiple episodes in DVD images, etc.) is supported. The first matched tvshowmatching regexp and "[-EeXx]+([0-9]+)" will be repeatedly applied against a file name until no more seasons or episodes are found.

This allows for file names such as
    foo_s01e01e02e03_s02e01e02
    foo104-05-06-201-02
    foo1x07x08x09

To break the file up in episodes that XBMC can work with you will have to create an nfo file with <epbookmark> tags. More information can be found on the Import - Export Library page.

Note that when using a custom RegExp to match a custom file naming convention, add (.*) to the end of the RegExp so that the 3rd RegExp capture is found for the second episode.

From http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adding_videos_to_the_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Multi-part_episodes

Is invaluable with naming conventions.

Notice the <epbookmark> tag, this means that if you have a single avi/mkv/etc file with two or three episodes, you can then further use the epbookmark tag for that, to further

So in your A-Team example, say the if you have the episode Mexican Slayride, which is two parts, in just one mkv file... you would name it:

s1e1e2.mkv

When using EMM-r, I always use it in conjunction with The Renamer.

http://www.therenamer.com/

After I name all my files, I run them through that program. It will rename them nice and proper. *IF* therenamer has an issue, then EMM-r and XBMC will likely have an issue with the way the file is named. It's an easy way of doing the check and I prefer my update folder scan in EMM-r to be right the first time, because then I don't have to check each season to make sure all the episodes loaded.

(2012-06-09, 17:09)rocks911 Wrote: Here is the TVDB listing for most of the documentary episodes I have, but I'm not finding a unique ID# and some of the more obscure episodes dont appear at all:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=84839&lid=7

I guess I'm just a dummy, but this Ken Burns series is keeping me in this chair far longer than I thought it would.

If the episodes are not there and the season/series is not locked - then create an account and add the obscure episodes.

The other alternative is properly naming them (ex. s1e41) and then when they are updated into EMM-r, manually editing them, and by such, creating the .nfo

But if you know the information, it be better to add it to thetvdb.com so others can benefit.
(2012-06-09, 16:34)rocks911 Wrote: Thanks for the replies.
Yes I think the multi part Ken Burns series need to be in the TV section. I have several Ken Burns documentaries that dont appear in the TVDB database. I just wanted them all to be either TV or Movie, but clearly that aint happening. I'm sure it would be a headache but it would be nice if you could enter a IMDB ID# into the TVDB field and vice versa, it would make this easier.

One thing you can do, if you want, is from XBMC, after the documentary has been added as a movie, you can select highlight it, hit 'c' for the context menu, and go to the option "Add to TV Show"...and then select the TV Show. Then you'd have them all in one place (though the movie ones would still be listed in movies, but then you could create a movie set in EMM-r and minimise the clutter.)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - protocol77 - 2012-06-10

hi guys i have just started using this program and just spent the last two days scraping all my metadata and artwork for my 1400+ movies now that i have this done i am wondering what happens when i get new movies do i have to open the program each time and rescan then run the scraper to update the new movies or is there a way to have the program detect new movies through a watched folder or have a set time schedule to check so i can just leave the program running on my server to detect and collect metadata for any new movies i add to the movie folders

i know the auto-scan feature exists on media center master but i prefer the interface of ember so wondering if this feature exists

(2012-06-10, 19:11)protocol77 Wrote: hi guys i have just started using this program and just spent the last two days scraping all my metadata and artwork for my 1400+ movies now that i have this done i am wondering what happens when i get new movies do i have to open the program each time and rescan then run the scraper to update the new movies or is there a way to have the program detect new movies through a watched folder or have a set time schedule to check so i can just leave the program running on my server to detect and collect metadata for any new movies i add to the movie folders

i know the auto-scan feature exists on media center master but i prefer the interface of ember so wondering if this feature exists

I prefer EMM-r as well Smile

Well, what I do is when I update the library on EMM-r, the films that haven't been scraped are bold. I just right click them and scrape them individually. For me, it isn't that much of a chore, because it's not like it's 1400+ movies being done. That said, I never used the automatic features and did my mad collection one by one Big Grin

I don't use the automatic features, so there may be a better way, but one way you could do is remove the source for the directory of which you just did the 1400+ scan. Then have a new folder of "to be scanned", drop your un-scraped films in that folder. When you want to, run the automated. When that is done, just drag and drop those into your original folder with the 1400+ films.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-09, 17:43)xbmcmc_user Wrote: Hello,

me again with same problem (see Problem discribed here).
I've spend a lot of time with Ember_1.3.0.5 to get ALL extrathumbs loaded as large images (not only 1 fanart).
But regardless of the settings I used only the displayed fanart is 1920x1080. All other fanarts will be loaded as small images.
Now I've downgraded to version Ember_1.3.0.1_x64 with imdb_olympia_v1.61.xml & nativ scraper.

During step 'Select Fanart' there is the check mark for Check all Original which selects automatically all 1920x1080 and 1280 images (without any duplicates). And after scraping all High-Res images be downloaded at extrathumbs.
I miss this simple but very usefully function at the newest EMM version. Only due to this missing function I use now the old version... Sad

Every hint or help how it is possible to get this functionality back with the newest EMM version is most welcome.

Best regards.

Option 1: Extrathumbs size on autoscraping

Option 2: Extrathumbs size on manual scraping

If you have set the same for both, on manual scraping all the images have been preselected.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-05, 23:30)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2012-06-05, 23:00)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-06-05, 22:22)ciris Wrote: Wow, that's and old version. Check the new one. You can find it in the topicstart.

Dont take the version from topicstart. This version have a SQL error. Take the version from my signature.

Why are these "fixes" not in the topic starter or updated in a separate post here? It becomes difficult when we have to search for the updates in people's signatures. But thank you. I will try this tonight.

I know that this is very bad. But Bodrick has a very long time not reported in the forum. I can not change the first entry.
Another thread would again give the same problem as with the release of Ember Revisited: nobody knows what is the latest version and with each release is missing yet another fix.
I'm no programmer and my knowledge are limited. The fixes that I've made ​​have been relatively easy and not 100% clean (but at least they work fine for me). I'm sorry that I can not go into all the problems.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - fional - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-11, 00:43)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-06-05, 23:30)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2012-06-05, 23:00)DanCooper Wrote: Dont take the version from topicstart. This version have a SQL error. Take the version from my signature.

Why are these "fixes" not in the topic starter or updated in a separate post here? It becomes difficult when we have to search for the updates in people's signatures. But thank you. I will try this tonight.

I know that this is very bad. But Bodrick has a very long time not reported in the forum. I can not change the first entry.
Another thread would again give the same problem as with the release of Ember Revisited: nobody knows what is the latest version and with each release is missing yet another fix.
I'm no programmer and my knowledge are limited. The fixes that I've made ​​have been relatively easy and not 100% clean (but at least they work fine for me). I'm sorry that I can not go into all the problems.

After installing Fix6 - Ember crashes upon startup with this error "The type initializer for 'EmberAPI.Master' threw an exception."

EDIT -- No idea why, but after re-installing this a second time, it seemed to go away. How very odd.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - gman3042 - 2012-06-12

is there anyway to have xbmc automate what EMM does? for example, my skin (aeon mq3) uses 4 different types of fanart for 4 images surrounding the movie info. if i dont log into ember media manager, the 4 images are blank.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TeKo - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-10, 19:11)protocol77 Wrote: hi guys i have just started using this program and just spent the last two days scraping all my metadata and artwork for my 1400+ movies now that i have this done i am wondering what happens when i get new movies do i have to open the program each time and rescan then run the scraper to update the new movies or is there a way to have the program detect new movies through a watched folder or have a set time schedule to check so i can just leave the program running on my server to detect and collect metadata for any new movies i add to the movie folders

Update Library
Then you should see all new Movies marked green
Scrape Media (next to update) -> New Movies -> Auto or Ask -> All

Works perfect for me.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Hudson_Hawk04 - 2012-06-12

Thanks for your help all regarding the naming conventions.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - frozenice - 2012-06-12

I have a Problem with DTS HD indentification in the latest Ember Version. Is there any way to fix it? DTS HD Tracks appears as normal DTS track not as "DTS HD"

Thanks!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TeKo - 2012-06-13

Pretty sure it never worked with DTS HD / True HD.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - frozenice - 2012-06-13

This would be a nice feature for the next version Nerd