Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TeKo - 2012-06-14

Does XBMC even use this information?
Because when you play a Video and pause it seems to recognize TrueHD and stuff.

But yea it would be cool to have the HD formats in Ember.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-06-14

(2012-06-12, 21:02)frozenice Wrote: I have a Problem with DTS HD indentification in the latest Ember Version. Is there any way to fix it? DTS HD Tracks appears as normal DTS track not as "DTS HD"

Thanks!

Have you ever tried it with this function?
I don't have TrueHD content to test it.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TeKo - 2012-06-14

Doesnt work because this only changes the Logo in Ember.

DTS and DTS HD are both dca.

But as I said it works in XBMC while playing the file just tested with Star Wars EP2 even changes the log when switching from DTS to DTS HD.

Maybe someone knows if XBMC even checks the nfo for the Codec and whats the right code for DTS HD and True HD so we could change it manuall or maybe even get Ember to scan for it.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - frozenice - 2012-06-14

Yes, DTS and DTS HD are both dca.

When I press in XBMC the "I" Key while playing a DTS HD Movie, DTS HD identication works fine.
Only Ember doesn't detect DTS HD Master Audio Tracks Sad

I found a Bug Report about this Problem http://ember.purplepig.net/issues/98

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - dragomanjk - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-13, 11:13)TeKo Wrote: Pretty sure it never worked with DTS HD / True HD.

In Settings - Misc - Audio Codec Mapping add:
a_truehd truehd

DTSMA clsAPIMediaInfo.vb
Code:
Private Function ConvertAFormat(ByVal sFormat As String, Optional ByVal sProfile As String = "") As String
        If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(sFormat) Then
            Select Case sFormat.ToLower
                Case "dts", "a_dts"
                   Select Case sProfile.ToUpper
                        Case "MA"   'master audio
                            sFormat = "dtsma"
                        Case "HRA"   'high resolution
                            sFormat = "dtshr"
                    End Select

I think it's supposed to be Case "MA / Core". I'm not sure though.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TeKo - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-17, 06:41)dragomanjk Wrote:
(2012-06-13, 11:13)TeKo Wrote: Pretty sure it never worked with DTS HD / True HD.

In Settings - Misc - Audio Codec Mapping add:
a_truehd truehd

DTSMA clsAPIMediaInfo.vb
Code:
Private Function ConvertAFormat(ByVal sFormat As String, Optional ByVal sProfile As String = "") As String
        If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(sFormat) Then
            Select Case sFormat.ToLower
                Case "dts", "a_dts"
                   Select Case sProfile.ToUpper
                        Case "MA"   'master audio
                            sFormat = "dtsma"
                        Case "HRA"   'high resolution
                            sFormat = "dtshr"
                    End Select

I think it's supposed to be Case "MA / Core". I'm not sure though.

Yea wasnt sure about TrueHD cause I dont have too many TrueHD mkvs.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bodrick - 2012-06-18

My apologies for not returning sooner but my real life job has kept me insanely busy these past few months and only now have things slowly began to slow down to a pace I feel I can start devoting more time to Ember and fixing bugs and updating it to be more reliable. I see that DanCooper has been helping out as best as he can as well as I'm sure many other folks. If there any source changes etc that have been made or tweaked etc, either send them to me directly or preferably update them via your own fork on GitHub. I see there are a couple already but if there is anything else out there would be nice to keep them in one place.

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-18, 19:30)bodrick Wrote: My apologies for not returning sooner but my real life job has kept me insanely busy these past few months and only now have things slowly began to slow down to a pace I feel I can start devoting more time to Ember and fixing bugs and updating it to be more reliable. I see that DanCooper has been helping out as best as he can as well as I'm sure many other folks. If there any source changes etc that have been made or tweaked etc, either send them to me directly or preferably update them via your own fork on GitHub. I see there are a couple already but if there is anything else out there would be nice to keep them in one place.

Great to see you back on planet Ember =)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2012-06-19

(2012-06-18, 19:30)bodrick Wrote: My apologies for not returning sooner but my real life job has kept me insanely busy these past few months and only now have things slowly began to slow down to a pace I feel I can start devoting more time to Ember and fixing bugs and updating it to be more reliable. I see that DanCooper has been helping out as best as he can as well as I'm sure many other folks. If there any source changes etc that have been made or tweaked etc, either send them to me directly or preferably update them via your own fork on GitHub. I see there are a couple already but if there is anything else out there would be nice to keep them in one place.

Welcome back!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Poncho - 2012-06-19

Hi There,

and thank you for the great Tool!

I am / was using it a while and always was happy with it.

But since I've made an hardware and software update (to Win 7 Ultimate 64bit), EMM always is stuck after the first start and says "Performing preliminary tasks (Gathering data)" and nothing happens.

I thought, OK, I have around 1000movies and 40TV shows with ~3000episodes and most of them already had all meta data, it takes a while and let the EMM run one day, but nothing happends, what can I do?

Thank you for help.

Regards
Poncho

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bodrick - 2012-06-19

(2012-06-19, 17:09)Poncho Wrote: Hi There,

and thank you for the great Tool!

I am / was using it a while and always was happy with it.

But since I've made an hardware and software update (to Win 7 Ultimate 64bit), EMM always is stuck after the first start and says "Performing preliminary tasks (Gathering data)" and nothing happens.

I thought, OK, I have around 1000movies and 40TV shows with ~3000episodes and most of them already had all meta data, it takes a while and let the EMM run one day, but nothing happends, what can I do?

Thank you for help.

Regards
Poncho

What version are you using and have you tried with a clean install? I actually develop on Win 7 64 bit with no issues so I'm wondering if there is something else going on that might be causing the troubles, I think Ember also creates a log file that might be able to shed more light.

A new release has been made available and is available at the offical project page. This release mostly incorporates all the fixes that DanCooper has contributed and made patches etc for. It also includes a couple of other tweaks that have been made by myself and others via github. The link should be in my signature. Hopefully I can start making releases a bit more often now things have gotten a little quieter for me.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - robwired - 2012-06-20

Hi,

It's good to hear that development is going again on Ember! A while back I tried it and for the most part got it working with movies and tv shows along with output to YAMJ naming conventions but I eventually gave up because I couldn't seem to get things to line up properly 100% of the time.

The sad thing is that I don't think it's the program's fault, at least not a coding issue and if there is a coding issue it's probably minor. I think it's just too hard to use with YAMJ as far as TV shows go.

Is there any chance that this could be worked on? I know I could go to the development forum and post a request but this isn't really a bug as much as a design philosophy change.

I've put a lot of thought into it and I think that the problem is that the YAMJ functionality is included sort of as a patch, it re-routes files to go from XBMC format to YAMJ format and I tried my best with a spreadsheet and a 20 page forum on networkedmediatank.com to fully figure it out but it's just not cohesive.

The RIGHT solution would probably be to have a tab in the setup where you simply choose the type of player you have and then it would set the defaults appropriately. This would be very different than setting the XBMC types and then in a separate tab clicking to re-route to YAMJ which is more confusing than doing my corporate taxes.

I think this would make adoption of Ember quite high in the YAMJ community and if I could get it to work I would definitely contribute financially. I wonder how many others who are native YAMJ users would also do soHuh

Rob

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - JustinAiken - 2012-06-20

YAMJ and XBMC are different enough that putting options for both in the same app is probably going to lead to headaches... a seperate YAMJ branch would probably be better...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - robwired - 2012-06-20

I posted a reply but it disappeared.

They aren't that different, the outputs are identical, whether poster types, episode types, etc...

The only difference is the naming convention and all that needs to happen is to have one pulldown to select the media type (XBMC, YAMJ, etc) then all of the other dropdowns for the Artwork types (Movie poster, Tv Show Poster, Episode Poster, etc) would all default to the correct types.

Having a separate branch would make less sense than having a separate branch of Microsoft Word to output in different Word file types. At least in that case we'd be talking about different data, here we are simply talking about the file name!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - McButton - 2012-06-20

Does anyone have problems with Ember scraping TV shows that have a number in them and showing as a full season?

For Instance...
Once Upon A Time (2011) - 101 - Pilot
Will scrape the following:
Season 1
---1) Pilot
Season 20
---1) Once Upon A Time S20E11

If you edit the .nfo, it just rewrites it each time or fixes it to show 2x pilots.

If I remove the (2011) from the title, it seems to do ok, but if I have an episode CALLED a number, it freaks again.

30 Rock - 515 - 200 ((The episode name))

It does the same thing.

Any ideas or better scrapers? I've messed with all the settings. I tried a few other media managers, and they didn't do so hot either. Ember seems to have everything I want for movies, but TV kinda sucks a bit. I have the newest build from April as well.