Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - tismon - 2012-06-26

I realize that this has probably been answered, but I can't find it in the wiki's, OP, or via searches. I've gone through my library with EMM and gotten just about everything set up, but XBMC still will scrape for itself. So in the end, I get Dinozaurs: The Series when I don't even know what that is. (How did it get that?)

Are there any suggestions or fixes that have been found? I've probably just got a setting mis-selected, but I'm not sure.
Thank you

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - B-Plus - 2012-06-26

Hi guys,

Sorry for this incredibly dumb question, but I'm just wondering if there's a better way to update to a new version. I just updated from the old Ember this past weekend, and now I see a new version is out. Since I don't really know what I'm doing and don't want any files to conflict with the new version, I just completed deleted the old one and started fresh with the new one. But are there some files that I can keep around that will retain my settings, etc., so I don't have to set up my sources again? Or would it work if I just replaced the exe file?

Sorry for the noobness, and thanks for picking this up bodrick.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bodrick - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-25, 17:05)deh2k7 Wrote: Wow, nice to see the users chipping in and designing additional modules. Ember is still hands-down the best manager around. Bodrick - what are you prioityes in features for the near future? Are you going to be mostly squashing bugs and working on rests from the project site, or do you have other ideas on where you want to take Ember?

One thing that I'm currently working on is a lot of cleanup of the code, some of it related to translation, some of it underlying ways things are handled that I think can be improved upon, mostly from a standpoint of future development and readability and usability of the code. A few changes to the architecture and then I think once I've gotten things a bit more streamlined I"ll start to focus on improving the functionality of Ember itself. One goal is to try and get Ember to integrate better with XBMC, so that maybe it can update the MySql backend if one is available etc. Plus there a lot of suggestions and ideads on the project site that I've yet to tackle head on.
(2012-06-25, 20:16)khaoohs Wrote: Is there a way to set the language for the automatic poster download for movies? Half the time, EMM is downloading posters in Spanish.

I think its possible with the new API for TMDB and might be posssible with the API thats available, I'll have to look into it, thats one of my gripes too.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - jondr13 - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-25, 19:19)jondr13 Wrote: Is there a way to use mediainfo-rar with Ember Media Manager? Here is the link to the website: www.lundman.net/wiki/index.php/Mediainfo-rar

From what I understand (what little I do....) is that it works with mediainfo to open up ISO files or RAR files to extract the metadata info. So for us that have blu-ray ISO files or DVD ISO files, this would be GREAT!! No more hand-jamming all the info in.

If so, what exactly would I need to do in order to get it working?
Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

Any thoughts or info on this? - Thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - olympia - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-26, 14:51)bodrick Wrote: I think its possible with the new API for TMDB and might be posssible with the API thats available, I'll have to look into it, thats one of my gripes too.

So are you not going towards the direction to further improve the XML scraper support in EMM?
I really beleive that one of the most major improvement would be to completely ditch the native scrapers and make the XML scraper the default (that assumes 100% compatibility with the current XBMC scrapers).

This way EMM would be completely futureproof and more flexible as there are already plenty of great scrapers for XBMC and those scrapers are continously maintained by the community.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bodrick - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-26, 17:16)olympia Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 14:51)bodrick Wrote: I think its possible with the new API for TMDB and might be posssible with the API thats available, I'll have to look into it, thats one of my gripes too.

So are you not going towards the direction to further improve the XML scraper support in EMM?
I really beleive that one of the most major improvement would be to completely ditch the native scrapers and make the XML scraper the default (that assumes 100% compatibility with the current XBMC scrapers).

This way EMM would be completely futureproof and more flexible as there are already plenty of great scrapers for XBMC and those scrapers are continously maintained by the community.

Actually I was thinking that I would go with the XML scrapper support as a direction to move forward. I believe you are most certainly correct as way for Ember to be future proof is to eliminate the native scrapers as they require a lot of time and effort to maintain.
(2012-06-26, 16:42)jondr13 Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 19:19)jondr13 Wrote: Is there a way to use mediainfo-rar with Ember Media Manager? Here is the link to the website: www.lundman.net/wiki/index.php/Mediainfo-rar

From what I understand (what little I do....) is that it works with mediainfo to open up ISO files or RAR files to extract the metadata info. So for us that have blu-ray ISO files or DVD ISO files, this would be GREAT!! No more hand-jamming all the info in.

If so, what exactly would I need to do in order to get it working?
Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

Any thoughts or info on this? - Thanks

I will certainly look into it. As for a timeframe, its hard to say, I'm currently going through some significant changes with Ember that will mean that I doubt a new release will be available (unless there is a halting obnoxious bug) until I've cleaned up the framework and structure.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Pelton98 - 2012-06-26

First off I love the NFO generation, works very nicely (especially the actor section), except for one part and that is the fanart section of the XML.

<fanart url="http://images.themoviedb.org">
<thumb preview="http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/w300/xEl8mpqZH38QIMU6kWiJtAPAg2V_thumb.jpg">http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/w300/xEl8mpqZH38QIMU6kWiJtAPAg2V.jpg</thumb>

The thumb preview on all my nfo files generated doesn't actually point anywhere. If I removed _thumb from section everything works fine. The reason I brought this up was because I used to change my fanart through XBMC, but with the addition of this _thumb and therefore the file not being there, it doesn't work.

If I removed the fanart section from the nfo and just scrabed with IMDB via XBMC, my fanart section in the database reads like this now:

<fanart><thumb preview="http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/w780/avqznLsnPzSROYJTxRMC70MM4Ps.jpg">http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/original/avqznLsnPzSROYJTxRMC70MM4Ps.jpg</thumb>

This of course works fine and I never have an issue with changing the Fanart through XBMC, so is there a trick I guess besides writing a script to remove _thumb from all my nfo's prior to pushing, uploading, etc to xbmc?

Am I really clueless and missing something obvious or has anyone else experience the same issue.

Thanks,
Pelton98 (Matt H)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - gmk2 - 2012-06-27

If you are looking for better integration with XBMC, I would suggest looking at changing how ember integrates with the current database.

I previously looked at converting Ember to an open source ODBC driver which would allow flexibility in connecting to the existing database type or other modern database types including mysql
My idea was to change the Ember database structure to mirror the XBMC structure, once this was done its a relatively small step to actually use the XBMC database itself.
This would mean Ember could update the database directly, the only function then required is to publish the thumbs appropriately and you have a very nice integration package.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - olympia - 2012-06-27

(2012-06-26, 20:53)bodrick Wrote: Actually I was thinking that I would go with the XML scrapper support as a direction to move forward. I believe you are most certainly correct as way for Ember to be future proof is to eliminate the native scrapers as they require a lot of time and effort to maintain.

Cool, great appoach!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bodrick - 2012-06-27

(2012-06-27, 09:46)gmk2 Wrote: If you are looking for better integration with XBMC, I would suggest looking at changing how ember integrates with the current database.

I previously looked at converting Ember to an open source ODBC driver which would allow flexibility in connecting to the existing database type or other modern database types including mysql
My idea was to change the Ember database structure to mirror the XBMC structure, once this was done its a relatively small step to actually use the XBMC database itself.
This would mean Ember could update the database directly, the only function then required is to publish the thumbs appropriately and you have a very nice integration package.

There is some validity to this, but also I think Ember is used by a lot of other folks that don't use XBMC. I think that going forward its possible to maybe work something into Ember that would allow for better support of multiple media centers and integrate more closely with them. One thing I have certainly looked into is utilizing the EntityFramework for Ember so that it would be indeed possible to utilize any ADO.NET driver for database connectivity.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - zirconicus - 2012-06-27

Today i began using Ember MM and it's working really great with the tvdb italian scraper!

I only have 2 little questions :

1 - Are multiple episodes supported ? Like "Filename S01E01E02.mkv" ... for example the first 2 episodes of 4400.

2 - is it possible to add an export in csv like the one in media companion ? A lot more handy than the template one included imho

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Axodious - 2012-06-28

Just upgraded to Windows 8 Release Preview and EMM broke. When I try to update library I get the following error.

Code:
================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Title: Error
StackTrace:    at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value)
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.bwPrelim_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 2012-06-27 7:18:17 PM
===========================================================================================

*EDIT*
Just copied the folder to a Windows 7 machine and it worked fine there.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TrendyTim - 2012-06-28

(2012-06-26, 05:06)tismon Wrote: I realize that this has probably been answered, but I can't find it in the wiki's, OP, or via searches. I've gone through my library with EMM and gotten just about everything set up, but XBMC still will scrape for itself. So in the end, I get Dinozaurs: The Series when I don't even know what that is. (How did it get that?)

Are there any suggestions or fixes that have been found? I've probably just got a setting mis-selected, but I'm not sure.
Thank you

I had a lot of shows being picked up as "The Other One" despite already being scraped by Ember, i eventually pegged it down as not having the correct lot of tbn, jpg and/or nfo so i pretty much ticked all the boxes to create a dogs breakfast of files to satisfy xbmc. It would be nice if ember could have presets that could set the nfo, jpg and tbn settings just how XBMC/whatever media center is being used likes it (presuming anyone really knows for XBMC, i've read the docs and still have a hard time figuring out what XBMC really wants)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kevjs1982 - 2012-06-28

(2012-06-28, 01:18)Axodious Wrote: Just upgraded to Windows 8 Release Preview and EMM broke. When I try to update library I get the following error.

Code:

StackTrace:    at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
===========================================================================================

*EDIT*

I had the same problem on Vista - take a look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1116916#pid1116916 for my fix.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bodrick - 2012-06-28

(2012-06-28, 07:47)TrendyTim Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 05:06)tismon Wrote: I realize that this has probably been answered, but I can't find it in the wiki's, OP, or via searches. I've gone through my library with EMM and gotten just about everything set up, but XBMC still will scrape for itself. So in the end, I get Dinozaurs: The Series when I don't even know what that is. (How did it get that?)

Thank you

I had a lot of shows being picked up as "The Other One" despite already being scraped by Ember, i eventually pegged it down as not having the correct lot of tbn, jpg and/or nfo so i pretty much ticked all the boxes to create a dogs breakfast of files to satisfy xbmc. It would be nice if ember could have presets that could set the nfo, jpg and tbn settings just how XBMC/whatever media center is being used likes it (presuming anyone really knows for XBMC, i've read the docs and still have a hard time figuring out what XBMC really wants)

That is actually what I'm working on, simplifying the process so that a user can pick what Media center they are using so that Ember can basically format things according to what Media center is picked, rather than trying to guess and figure out the best way to format things manually.

(2012-06-28, 08:33)kevjs1982 Wrote:
(2012-06-28, 01:18)Axodious Wrote: Just upgraded to Windows 8 Release Preview and EMM broke. When I try to update library I get the following error.

Code:

*EDIT*

I had the same problem on Vista - take a look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1116916#pid1116916 for my fix.

Hopefully once I've finished with my reworking this problem will become moot, I'm doing a lot under the hood type work to improve and streamline Ember so that its faster, more stable and easier to update and develop for.