Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Axodious - 2012-06-28

(2012-06-28, 08:33)kevjs1982 Wrote:
(2012-06-28, 01:18)Axodious Wrote: Just upgraded to Windows 8 Release Preview and EMM broke. When I try to update library I get the following error.

Code:
================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Title: Error
StackTrace:    at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value)
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.bwPrelim_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 2012-06-27 7:18:17 PM
===========================================================================================

*EDIT*
Just copied the folder to a Windows 7 machine and it worked fine there.

I had the same problem on Vista - take a look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1116916#pid1116916 for my fix.

That worked, thanks. Smile
(2012-06-28, 14:52)bodrick Wrote:
(2012-06-28, 07:47)TrendyTim Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 05:06)tismon Wrote: I realize that this has probably been answered, but I can't find it in the wiki's, OP, or via searches. I've gone through my library with EMM and gotten just about everything set up, but XBMC still will scrape for itself. So in the end, I get Dinozaurs: The Series when I don't even know what that is. (How did it get that?)

Are there any suggestions or fixes that have been found? I've probably just got a setting mis-selected, but I'm not sure.
Thank you

I had a lot of shows being picked up as "The Other One" despite already being scraped by Ember, i eventually pegged it down as not having the correct lot of tbn, jpg and/or nfo so i pretty much ticked all the boxes to create a dogs breakfast of files to satisfy xbmc. It would be nice if ember could have presets that could set the nfo, jpg and tbn settings just how XBMC/whatever media center is being used likes it (presuming anyone really knows for XBMC, i've read the docs and still have a hard time figuring out what XBMC really wants)

That is actually what I'm working on, simplifying the process so that a user can pick what Media center they are using so that Ember can basically format things according to what Media center is picked, rather than trying to guess and figure out the best way to format things manually.

(2012-06-28, 08:33)kevjs1982 Wrote:
(2012-06-28, 01:18)Axodious Wrote: Just upgraded to Windows 8 Release Preview and EMM broke. When I try to update library I get the following error.

Code:
================= <Assembly Versions> =================

StackTrace:    at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value)
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.bwPrelim_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 2012-06-27 7:18:17 PM
===========================================================================================

*EDIT*
Just copied the folder to a Windows 7 machine and it worked fine there.

I had the same problem on Vista - take a look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1116916#pid1116916 for my fix.

Hopefully once I've finished with my reworking this problem will become moot, I'm doing a lot under the hood type work to improve and streamline Ember so that its faster, more stable and easier to update and develop for.

Sounds good, thanks again for all the work. Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2012-06-29

Bodrick -

Love the stated approach so far - fix the foundation and streamline to enable easier updates in the future. Also love the thinking to use the XBMC scrapers and making the settings modular so as to help assist with setup for various media centers.

One thing I would also recommend while you are in 'cleanup' mode is the ensure consistent functionality between the TV and movie sections, such as filtering, scrape/rescrape options, etc. There are quite a few functions in the movies section that just doesn't exist for TV. I would guess this is due to lack of modularity in the programing originally. I'm guess you are looking at this already, but wanted to see hear your thoughts on this as well.

D

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - rocks911 - 2012-06-29

I cant get the newer versions of EMM to work on my W7 64 bit machine. 1.3.0.5 works fine, 1.3.0.6 and 1.3.0.7 not so much.

no such table: movies

no such table: TVShows

The program just throws up errors on start up. Anybody else having this problem?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bodrick - 2012-06-29

(2012-06-29, 05:39)deh2k7 Wrote: Bodrick -

Love the stated approach so far - fix the foundation and streamline to enable easier updates in the future. Also love the thinking to use the XBMC scrapers and making the settings modular so as to help assist with setup for various media centers.

One thing I would also recommend while you are in 'cleanup' mode is the ensure consistent functionality between the TV and movie sections, such as filtering, scrape/rescrape options, etc. There are quite a few functions in the movies section that just doesn't exist for TV. I would guess this is due to lack of modularity in the programing originally. I'm guess you are looking at this already, but wanted to see hear your thoughts on this as well.

D

That sounds totally reasonable, I think a lot of what is available for Movies can be made available for the TV sections, and I believe that this is certainly related to the way things were implemented. I'm guessing as I move through the re-architecture that I'll resolve a lot of these discrepancies.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2012-06-29

(2012-06-25, 02:10)steve1977 Wrote: Noticed two things, which may be bugs:

1) Remove files and from database does not appear to be working properly. Only deletes some files, but not the actual movie folder.

2) When I manually add trailers by copy&pasting them into the folder, EMM does not permanently detect them. I can "reload" the movie and then the trailer tick is there, but upon next re-start it is gone again. This is fixable by deleting the database file and then reloading all movies. Doing this fixes the issue and the "tick" is permanently there.

Any thoughts?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - W1nks - 2012-07-01

I am having problems using Ember Media Manager 1.3.0.7. I downloaded the latest version and set all my configurations but I am having problems getting it to save the files to my file server. I have the network path (ex. \\server\movies) listed for my path. It recognizes all the movies in there it's just when I try to scrape it doesn't save any files (nfo, fanart, and thumbnail) to the folders. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am able to use Windows Explorer and go to the movie folders and create new folders/files with no problem so I don't think it's a permissions issue. Thanks!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Flomaster - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-01, 22:02)W1nks Wrote: I am having problems using Ember Media Manager 1.3.0.7. I downloaded the latest version and set all my configurations but I am having problems getting it to save the files to my file server. I have the network path (ex. \\server\movies) listed for my path. It recognizes all the movies in there it's just when I try to scrape it doesn't save any files (nfo, fanart, and thumbnail) to the folders. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am able to use Windows Explorer and go to the movie folders and create new folders/files with no problem so I don't think it's a permissions issue. Thanks!

I have my sources mapped as network drives. I couldn't get my soureces to work like \\tower\Movies either so mine now looks like this W:\ seemed kinda odd, but it was the only way to get my movies into ember.

-=Jason=-

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - gmc99 - 2012-07-02

Sorry if this has been asked before; I have done a search of the thread but couldn't find an answer.

For me, Ember works perfectly except I have an issue with TV Show Extras where it sometimes picks up the filename of an extra as an actual episode.

For example Babylon 5 Season 0 Episode 1 "The Gathering" is being picked up as being ".....\Babylon 5\Extras\Season 1 - Back to Babylon.mkv" instead of "...\Babylon 5\Season 00\Babylon 5 - S00E01 - The Gathering.mkv".

Now one solution is to rename the file from Season 1 to Series 1 and that seems to work. The problem is I have lots of files to rename.

Bizzarely, and I can't work out why it is doing it, The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones extras are behaving even stranger.

Season 1 Episode 5 is being detected as the file "\Extras\Chapter V - Annie Bessant...."
Season 1 Episode 6 is being detected as the file "\Extras\Chapter VI - George Patton..."

These are roman numerals and not numbers.

The common thing though is that they are all in the Extras folder.

Is there any way I can just tell Ember to ignore all folders with a name of Extras?

Thanks

Glenn

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Thewrekker - 2012-07-02

I am having a problem scraping TV shows. I have tried 1.3.0.5, 1.3.0.6 and 1.3.0.7. EMM downloads the information properly but does not download any images. So, EMM creates an NFO with the proper info but does not download images.

I have tried using two different computers (both running win 7 64). I can scrape movies all day long. I know there are image files for the show as I have looked on thetvdb.com and found them. Please let me know what I can do to correct this issue. Thanks!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - W1nks - 2012-07-03

(2012-07-02, 05:09)Flomaster Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 22:02)W1nks Wrote: I am having problems using Ember Media Manager 1.3.0.7. I downloaded the latest version and set all my configurations but I am having problems getting it to save the files to my file server. I have the network path (ex. \\server\movies) listed for my path. It recognizes all the movies in there it's just when I try to scrape it doesn't save any files (nfo, fanart, and thumbnail) to the folders. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am able to use Windows Explorer and go to the movie folders and create new folders/files with no problem so I don't think it's a permissions issue. Thanks!

I have my sources mapped as network drives. I couldn't get my soureces to work like \\tower\Movies either so mine now looks like this W:\ seemed kinda odd, but it was the only way to get my movies into ember.

-=Jason=-

Thanks for the response. Is this a new issue? I have been able to do it without mapping them before.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TrendyTim - 2012-07-03

(2012-06-28, 14:52)bodrick Wrote:
(2012-06-28, 07:47)TrendyTim Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 05:06)tismon Wrote: I realize that this has probably been answered, but I can't find it in the wiki's, OP, or via searches. I've gone through my library with EMM and gotten just about everything set up, but XBMC still will scrape for itself. So in the end, I get Dinozaurs: The Series when I don't even know what that is. (How did it get that?)

Are there any suggestions or fixes that have been found? I've probably just got a setting mis-selected, but I'm not sure.
Thank you

I had a lot of shows being picked up as "The Other One" despite already being scraped by Ember, i eventually pegged it down as not having the correct lot of tbn, jpg and/or nfo so i pretty much ticked all the boxes to create a dogs breakfast of files to satisfy xbmc. It would be nice if ember could have presets that could set the nfo, jpg and tbn settings just how XBMC/whatever media center is being used likes it (presuming anyone really knows for XBMC, i've read the docs and still have a hard time figuring out what XBMC really wants)

That is actually what I'm working on, simplifying the process so that a user can pick what Media center they are using so that Ember can basically format things according to what Media center is picked, rather than trying to guess and figure out the best way to format things manually.

You are awesome, i tried to retrofit banner.jpg support a few months ago but had to give up because it was a lot more work than i thought it would be and 80% of my 'spare' time is spent programming for work (though i saw someone has taken that up which is great too), so you and everyone that works on this have a lot of respect from me for maintaining this app, its great but its a monster. i look forward to more of your work, it makes my job a lot easier (as i can get my fiance to do most of the scraping).

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - boccman - 2012-07-03

-=Jason=-

I also used to have that same problem. I had to map my network drives to have my media recognized in EMM.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - gmk2 - 2012-07-03

Ember works fine with network content - the issue normally experienced is the user running ember doesn't have sufficient privileges to write to the network path.
(2012-06-25, 15:59)bodrick Wrote: I just wanted to let everyone know I uploaded a new version just now that fixes scraping of TV shows (hopefully) and also adds a new module that adds boxee support. These fixes were courtesy of jfearon. The files can be found on the project site.

Hi,

I have been running a very old version of Ember as a result of TV scraping issues in subsequent revisited etc releases, just tried your new version 1.3.7 and while it works perfectly when I (re)scrape a single episode, it consistently fails to scrape anything if I use the 'update library -> tv shows'. The 'old' ember release had about a 75% success rate in bulk scraping and no-one could ever diagnose why the manual scrape always worked while the bulk scrape would realize a show existed but often not scrape. There is also no filter for TV to find content which does not have nfo or fanart so it is very tedious to find and resolve the manual scraping.

Any ideas most welcome on how to resolve this - ideally the bulk scrape can be reviewed to work out why it is failing (does it have a shorter timeout for content to be returned?) but in the short term a filter to pick up incomplete scraped shows would be great.

Appreciate the efforts to date!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - gmk2 - 2012-07-03

(2012-07-03, 06:02)boccman Wrote:

-=Jason=-

I also used to have that same problem. I had to map my network drives to have my media recognized in EMM.

I have used ember with network sources for years including Bodrick's current versions - when I initially set this up I found that Ember was not trapping write permission issues to the network path as the user that windows ran ember with did not have sufficient privileges. Might be something to check. The one thing that I cannot get to work is running ember off a network path which hits some .net security error however that is not as much of an issue.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - krish_2k4 - 2012-07-03

I noticed if you scrape for a trailer url link, the trailer column does not show a "tick" to say it is scraped. possible bug?