Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

- logictester - 2011-12-21

bodrick Wrote:Interesting, not seen this one before, I'm suspecting there is maybe either a corruption in the database (unlikely), or that something in the title or description is throwing ember out of whack, I'll take a look into it and see what I can find.

thanks - i've now created new instance of EMM - clean - and it seems to work fine

- HiSoC8Y - 2011-12-21

im running x86 on a x64 windows 7. I have emm with settings, and i want to retain them, and move it to a x64 installation. anyone knows how?

- tcman47 - 2011-12-21

Came back to the latest greatest EMM after using two other softwares and EMM is working great. Big Grin

I still have to paste in the youtube links for trailers and then it downloads them but other than that great software. Wink

I was easily able to update all my 170 movies for posters, fanart, info, trailers and extrathumbs. Nod

- hentai23 - 2011-12-21

this is a great suggestion from >>x<< to get the internal imdb scraper from xbmc into ember..

"From what I remember there is a way to use XBMC's scraper in Ember but don't ask me how as I don't remember this info was on the old ember site in the wiki

Sounds like it would need updating to use the latest scrapers from xbmc

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=622852&postcount=4935 "

that is if you havent already have had other plans on how to fix the alternative title scraping issue i mentioned with my asian movies , thanks a ton bodrick keep up the great work you do

ember ftw!!!

- blackcows - 2011-12-22

Found my way here when looking for an alternative to YANFOE which appears to be dead. I have downloaded and unzipped the most current version of EMM and was able to located and index my movies. As I said I have been using YANFOE so all of my files have NFOs associated with them so I had hoped that EMM would use the current NFOs I have and I would use it to add NFOs going forward. Is that not possible?

I know I could just scrape again but I have lots of home videos that I have added custom NFOs for and I have put some time into my other NFOs to have the fanart and covers I prefer.

Mike

- mwkurt - 2011-12-22

Hello,

I ran into a problem using this last night. I had selected to use the native scraper as well as the extra one within Ember. Both data and images were selected for both scrapers. On the occasions that Ember misidentified a movie and downloaded the wrong information, it was impossible to change the movie and have it re-scraped. Only upon deselecting the extra Ember scraper could I then change the movie and re-scrape. I actually could change the movie, but it wouldn't re-scrape.
Is this a known issue? Is there any way to get both scrapers working together?

Thanks,
Mark

- DarkMasterCh1ef - 2011-12-22

hi,
my trailers are local in the movie folders.why i can't select them?
thx for help Smile

- GBB1 - 2011-12-22

I finally figured out what is needed for XBMC-Eden to show all art available:
Background = fanart.jpg
NFO = <movie>.nfo
Cover1 = folder.jpg
Cover2 = <movie>.tbn

- Martijn - 2011-12-22

GBB1 Wrote:I finally figured out what is needed for XBMC-Eden to show all art available:
Background = fanart.jpg
NFO = <movie>.nfo
Cover1 = folder.jpg
Cover2 = <movie>.tbn

That is one posibility. Depends on how you set your scraper Wink

- JustinAiken - 2011-12-22

What's cover2 used for?

- war59312 - 2011-12-22

logictester Wrote:hi all
i'm getting this error and can't scrape anything in movies and no media flags or info shown on existing items:

================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Platform: x86
Ember Application (Revision: 1.3.0.1)
Ember API (Revision: 1.3.0.1)
Ember Extras Scraper (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Ember Native Movie Scrapers (Revision: 1.3.0.2)
Ember XML Scraper (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Rogue's Movie Scraper (Revision: 1000)
Renamer (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Frame Extractor (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Media File Manager (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Movie List Exporter (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
NMT Jukebox Builder (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Notifications (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Offline Media Manager (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Web Server (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
XBMC Controller (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
MediaBrowser Compatibility (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
YAMJ Compatibility (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Genres Editor (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Media Sources Editor (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Audio & Video Codec Mapping (Revision: 1.3.0.0)
Ember Native TV Scrapers (Revision: 1.3.0.2)
XBMC Stuff (Revision: 8)

================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Title: Error
StackTrace: at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.GetSQLiteType(Int32 i)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.GetValue(Int32 i)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.get_Item(String name)
at EmberAPI.Database.LoadMovieFromDB(Int64 MovieID)
Date/Time: 12/20/2011 8:41:16 PM
===========================================================================================

bodrick Wrote:Interesting, not seen this one before, I'm suspecting there is maybe either a corruption in the database (unlikely), or that something in the title or description is throwing ember out of whack, I'll take a look into it and see what I can find.
I am having the same problem.

When this error occurs Ember locks up.

Probably has something to do with the fact it's an upgrade over the old Ember Media Manager.

Can you please download my setup @ http://www.fileserve.com/file/TkcG3C9 and take a look? Thanks!!

- gmk2 - 2011-12-22

Try replacing media.emm with a blank db, this has been a fix for this sort of issue in the past. Since all the details are kept in nfo files you can rebuild the db on a rescan.

- war59312 - 2011-12-23

OK, indeed that worked. Smile Too bad though I had to manually add back all 26 sources.

Well now it shows "none" for "genre" and "none" for "MPAA Rating". Both were correct before I deleted the media.emm file.

Edit: OK It's because I had edited the .nfo files to make them Boxee Box Compatible.

For the Boxee Boxee you have to use commas "," to separate genres and for the Rating you drop the word "Rated".

But after doing so, your build of Ember no longer displays the genres and rating in the UI.

bodrick, any chance you could support both? Perhaps a simple command line option of "/boxee" which tell it to use commas for genres and don't add the word "Rating" for MPAA ratings and of course display correctly in the UI. Thanks!

- johnny87au - 2011-12-23

hey dude just downloaded "bodrick-Ember-MM-fff56f7" onto my desktop when i open it i dont see any file which will let me open EMBER ?? Do i have to download something else or am i missing something ?

- johnny87au - 2011-12-23

i did download the old revisted ember and it asked me to upgrade and i clicked yes, is that the newest version ?