Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - pigeldi - 2012-09-14

(2012-09-14, 15:29)danz0l Wrote: Is youtube trailer downloading broken ? not getting any formats available from a youtube url as from today.

Same here...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Tomkun - 2012-09-15

(2012-09-14, 22:00)pigeldi Wrote:
(2012-09-14, 15:29)danz0l Wrote: Is youtube trailer downloading broken ? not getting any formats available from a youtube url as from today.

Same here...

Me too.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - danz0l - 2012-09-15

Think youtube changed something as i can play youtube videos with the youtube addon either at the moment.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Tomkun - 2012-09-15

We'll just have to wait for a fix then. I hope it hurries up though... I foolishly deleted a bunch of low res trailers before I checked this was working.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - seedoubleyou - 2012-09-15

Hi,

I'm a recent convert to EMM, and I was running 1.3.0.7 on Win 7 64-bit. This was running fine for a number of weeks, and now has started to fail. I've tried earlier versions and they also behave the same way: they run for about 10 seconds and then the program crashes.

I've tried various combinations of running it as an adminstrator, compatibility settings, etc. and this appears to have no effect. I've not been able to locate a log file for it which would give some pointers to what is wrong.

Using an older EMM-r build appears to work, but it isn't quite as useful as the version I was using :o)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2012-09-15

Quote:Cocotus,

Can you publish your mod & template? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I can try to. I fixed some other things in Ember maybe I can commit them to brodricks project so we don't have different versions of Ember floating around. I also heard that brodrick is rewriting the whole thing, I can't wait to try that. As soon as I have updates I will post here. Wink

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - raptorjr - 2012-09-16

How do i use the frame extractor? It is enabled but i can't find how to use it.
I have a few videofiles without fanart and would like to grab a videoframe in a easy way an use it as fanart. Is this possible with EMM?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Jocker_Boy - 2012-09-16

Does anyone can scrappe the Genre type?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ajamils - 2012-09-16

Is there any particular advantage of using Eden (or any other media organizer) instead of built-in scraper of XBMC?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - fional - 2012-09-16

(2012-09-16, 19:11)ajamils Wrote: Is there any particular advantage of using Eden (or any other media organizer) instead of built-in scraper of XBMC?

Well, I cannot speak for everyone, but there are a few reason I use Ember as opposed to the internal XBMC scraper.

I prefer the generation of .nfo files. Now, I believe XBMC can do that with an export - but because of the way I have my external drives setup, that is not convenient for me. I also like that I can do a "clean library" in XBMC or reinstall and then the actual adding of my films and tv shows is relatively painless because I have the local .nfo files.

This is very convenient when you build another box, say for the bedroom or wherever, and then when you add the (if you have it) network drives - it doesn't need to rescrape. For some it may not be a big deal, but my Internet connection is bad and I have a lot of films - so it would be not desirable. Again, you can export with XBMC, but I think using Ember is much easier.

Additionally, Ember is grand for control. I don't use automatic image scraping or any of that. I like manually choosing. While the automatic scraping would have suited fine for 95% of my content - sometimes its first guess is wrong. With Ember, I have a lot more control and the interface is better suited for scraping and customising what images you want to pick and so forth. For me, it's more user-friendly and it fits the way I like to do it. Again, since I only do it once per show or tv season or whatever, it's not that much of a burden and with the creation of .nfo files, it's pretty good.

My routine is a bit more involved and labourious than most, I imagine, as I like to set up the directory just right. First, I ensure that the naming scheme is adequate, so I use the Renamer tool (not the built in one, a third party programme). Then, if it is a film, I grab the trailer and name it accordingly so I have a physical copy of the trailer. Then I grab the clearart images manually and set them in the directory. Then I manually scrape, make my choices and it's all grand.

It seems like a lot of work and initially it was, but now it's nothing when I get a new DVD or whatever. Rip, scrape, add to XBMC. I can tweak the titles or ratings or whatever before accepting.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - robledjl - 2012-09-16

does anyone know how to prevent from downloading foreign movie covers? I have to sort through all of them and replace them with american covers...any info on that would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ajamils - 2012-09-16

fional,

Thanks for the detailed reply. It does look like a lot of work for minimun gain (at least for me). Also, you lose the ability to refresh the movie information via XBMC UI.

How does Ember compares to Media Center Master?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2012-09-17

(2012-09-16, 23:55)ajamils Wrote: Thanks for the detailed reply. It does look like a lot of work for minimun gain (at least for me)

Depends how many movies you have. If you have a few hundreds, it is definitely worth the effort and a huge gain. If you have below 100, I would stick with XBMC.

(2012-09-16, 23:55)ajamils Wrote: Also, you lose the ability to refresh the movie information via XBMC UI.

No, you don't. You can still do this even if using Ember.

(2012-09-16, 23:55)ajamils Wrote: How does Ember compares to Media Center Master?

Ember is light years better than MCM. Stability, user friendliness, features, etc. Basically on all dimensions.
Anyone has contact with the developer and could request a "fix" for trailer support. Unfortunately, it is broken since a few days ago. Something at youtube has changed and requires and update.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ajamils - 2012-09-17

(2012-09-17, 01:18)steve1977 Wrote: Depends how many movies you have. If you have a few hundreds, it is definitely worth the effort and a huge gain. If you have below 100, I would stick with XBMC.
I currently have about 250 movies.

(2012-09-16, 23:55)ajamils Wrote: Also, you lose the ability to refresh the movie information via XBMC UI.
(2012-09-17, 01:18)steve1977 Wrote: No, you don't. You can still do this even if using Ember.

OK, now I'm confused. So if I have all my media scraped and indexed with Ember and I try to refresh data from XBMC UI, will it update Ember database as well? If not then wouldn't there be a difference in meta data between Ember and XBMC?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - fional - 2012-09-17

(2012-09-16, 23:55)ajamils Wrote: fional,

Thanks for the detailed reply. It does look like a lot of work for minimun gain (at least for me). Also, you lose the ability to refresh the movie information via XBMC UI.

How does Ember compares to Media Center Master?

My collection is quite large and spans over 20TB. I'd certainly hate to do it all from within XBMC if I ever had to redo - however if you're collection is more manageable then perhaps Ember isn't for you. That said, I do like the .nfo files and think they are a great way of keeping things together.

You don't lose the ability to refresh - as I've had to do that on the odd occasion - but still, movie information (at least mine) doesn't really change. So I think of it as fairly static once I have everything the way I want it.

Last year was the last time I used any alternatives to Ember, of which I tried several and disliked them all for one reason or another. I like the way Ember scrapes and so forth - plus I still use the scrapers that Olympia put together ages ago and they seem to be working great even now.