Kodi Community Forum
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs (/showthread.php?tid=116996)

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - schumi2004 - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 15:36)fritsch Wrote: @Artax:
If and only if AMD - the guys you bought your hardware - make it possible. We cannot do anything at all to make it working.

I have seen this comment several times that AMD needs to listen to the community to fix there products but i'm wondering if they are even aware of the situation?

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - fritsch - 2013-02-04

@schumi2004:
Yes - they are. Highly official and directly. They know what is not working since XVBA was started. DTS-HD is just another part of the "htpc unattractive experience" with AMD (on !windows) products.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - Artax - 2013-02-04

Just to be clear: my complaint was directed to AMD, not you, whose work is amazing.
Going back, I would buy an Intel+NVidia solution...

(2013-02-04, 15:36)fritsch Wrote: @Artax:
If and only if AMD - the guys you bought your hardware - make it possible. We cannot do anything at all to make it working.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - fritsch - 2013-02-04

@Artax:
No problem at all. I don't take AMD`s problem seriously :-)

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - schumi2004 - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-04, 19:06)fritsch Wrote: @Artax:
No problem at all. I don't take AMD`s problem seriously :-)

Me neither Wink

Btw, didn't found time yet to check processes like you suggested/asked before. Will do this weekend.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - schumi2004 - 2013-02-06

Can anyone explain how to create xvba patch to use against upstream master (OpenELEC) ?

I created a diff from FernetMenta's branch against upstream master but the file is to big in size and seems to take more then XVBA only.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - wsnipex - 2013-02-06

OpenElec has Xvba already

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - fritsch - 2013-02-06

And latest fernetmenta is xbmc master + all what you need :-) just compare the commits.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - schumi2004 - 2013-02-06

(2013-02-06, 15:29)wsnipex Wrote: OpenElec has Xvba already

I'm aware OE has XVBA already but when you grab the latest XBMC code and compile OE it failes on the current XVBA patch, to many mismatches.

(2013-02-06, 18:55)fritsch Wrote: And latest fernetmenta is xbmc master + all what you need :-) just compare the commits.
I did but it gave me a file over ~1.1Mb and the original in OE now is around 862Kb, also there are to much changes in my diff patch then current patch.
I noticed Fernet not only changed xvba but also for example pvr stuff, and i can't only grab the commits that are for XVBA.

I'll check again later to see what changed and made the patch that big.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - raven - 2013-02-07

(2012-12-27, 02:04)Flusher Wrote: Ok I somehow managed to install the ati drivers and followed the rest of the guide. XBMC is now working "properly". The bad thing: movies/videos can't be played. when selecting a movie, the screen goes black and shows only the OSD. After a few seconds the whole system freezes. how can i uninstall the hardware acceleration?

I have exactly the same problem. I just disabled xvba, which doesn't make any sense when using this version. Did you find any solution?

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - fritsch - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-06, 19:32)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 15:29)wsnipex Wrote: OpenElec has Xvba already

I'm aware OE has XVBA already but when you grab the latest XBMC code and compile OE it failes on the current XVBA patch, to many mismatches.

(2013-02-06, 18:55)fritsch Wrote: And latest fernetmenta is xbmc master + all what you need :-) just compare the commits.
I did but it gave me a file over ~1.1Mb and the original in OE now is around 862Kb, also there are to much changes in my diff patch then current patch.
I noticed Fernet not only changed xvba but also for example pvr stuff, and i can't only grab the commits that are for XVBA.

I'll check again later to see what changed and made the patch that big.

Look on OpenELEC github. in the packages/mediacenter/xbmc/patches.x86 directory. Here you find what you want.

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - RedCat - 2013-02-08

Hello

I have one htpc with i3 cpu, 2 gb ram, ati 6450 vga. I use wsnipex test iso v6. I upgraded it from wsnipex repo, and I use 12.10 catalyt. But I have one problem: If I watch films, xbmc freeze sometimes. The computer dont, only movie playing. I can login with ssh, or telnet, I can restart computer. But screen and sound freeze. I try reinstall it, but nothing changes... I ran some testprogram, and hardware seems good.
What can I doing?

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - m.bluemle - 2013-02-08

Hi!

I´m using your version for over a year, everything works great! thnx alot!

the last days, i played around with mythtv and the pvr-plugin! after a few problems with mythtv itself i wanted to start from scratch and removed mythtv with
Code:
remove myth*
to get all mythtv packages!
with the new install everything was ok, i can watch tv with mythtv-frontend. but in xbmc the mythtv-addon is gone! it is no longer under the deactivated addon section! did i removed it accidentally by removing mythtv with the myth* command?

i can search after the addon and it will be found, but nothing happens by hitting the install button!
how can i bring it backHuh

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - wsnipex - 2013-02-08

sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth

RE: Howto Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs - bmentink - 2013-02-10

Hi Guys,

I have just installed xbmc-xvba and like it alot .. 720p playes fine, very smooth, no tearing. The only issue I have is play does not start reliably,
I hit the play button, and the audio starts, but no video .. stays on the menu screen. If I hit play one or two more times, it will start and play great ...

Anyone have idea's as to the cause of this?

Thanks,
Bernie