Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

Re: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - amwebby - 2013-01-13

Opensauce, that would require a shared library. This is something you can do with XBMC and SQL server and I believe is something XBMC is looking to achieve with UPnP but until there is a unified solution might be difficult for Yatse to support.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - SamHill - 2013-01-13

i noticed on the gesture pad that when a movie is playing one click pauses, but left swipe skips back and so does double clicking. is it possible to have double click stop the movie to avoid jumping to the other screen?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-13

@opensauce : as said by amwebby this is nearly impossible with current Xbmc.

@SamHill : Well it seems all the changes in Xbmc default keymaps does breaks lots of things Smile
Single tap should not pause but show the osd since this is the new default action in keymaps for enter action Smile
But yes it seems the back key default action is now to small back in the media ... strange choice but well.

I'll see to force other commands when playing something.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ynksbsbll2 - 2013-01-13

As Tolriq said, single tapping the gesture pad does bring up the OSD for me.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-13

The problem that I'll have changing commands when something is playing is that I'm not aware at the moment of a moment to know if the OSD is visible or not Sad

Only a custom keymaps can solve all the needs Sad

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - wes paich - 2013-01-14

really liking the implementation of gesture control. you've made a great remote even better! sorry, nothing wrong to report.... ; - )

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - opensauce - 2013-01-14

(2013-01-13, 22:00)Tolriq Wrote: @opensauce : as said by amwebby this is nearly impossible with current Xbmc.

I use a shared library currently, but even without it out odds are that another xbmc on the same network can reach the same file path as the current one. You'd just need to take the filename(at least its called filename in the gui) from the now playing of one and play it on the other.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-14

Xbmc works way better when using ID, when you just pass filenames lots of the time the item is not found back in the db and you loose some important things.

And users having their media on a NAS with the same path available on all Xbmcs without password are just a very very few part.

Implementing a function that would work only 1% of the time not sure users will understand and since I have just no way to know if the media will be playable on the other media center I have no way to show the button only when it will work.

Re: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - amwebby - 2013-01-14

@opensauce I have my media files on a shared NAS server and MYSQL server set up so that my two instances of XBMC share the same library. This means I can pause play on one instance, go upstairs and resume play from whence I paused play on the other one.

It's a little bit of a fiddle to set up but it works a dream. Full instructions here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Sync_multiple_libraries

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - opensauce - 2013-01-14

(2013-01-14, 11:02)amwebby Wrote: @opensauce I have my media files on a shared NAS server and MYSQL server set up so that my two instances of XBMC share the same library. This means I can pause play on one instance, go upstairs and resume play from whence I paused play on the other one.

It's a little bit of a fiddle to set up but it works a dream. Full instructions here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Sync_multiple_libraries

Thats what i'm doing now. I was hoping to automate some of it through the remote. But our use case seems to be the minority.

One way in which I speed the process up is I have a smart playlist of recently played or items still playing. So I use that playlist when I go to the target machine to find what I was watching. Saves a few keystrokes.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-15

Those kind of function are on the target map of Xbmc team for Frodo+1 so I'm pretty sure we will have something good soon enough Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - DoctorDyna - 2013-01-15

Am I missing something, I no longer have stop / play / pause buttons.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-01-15

They are no more on the pure remoting part, but still available in plenty of other space like now playing screen, left menu, widgets , notifications , .... Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - opensauce - 2013-01-15

One of the ways I can do my LIRC or direct favorites is by modifying the remote.xml to perform different functions for buttons other than the default. On my other remotes I co-opted the colored buttons(xbmc uses them for tvshows,my videos, music, etc...) to use these other functions. Though it looks likes with your remote there aren't really any superfluous buttons I can use(which is a good from a design perspective). I know my case is unique and I doubt you just want to start adding buttons all over the interface either. I'm just not sure what the most elegant solution is at this point.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - DoctorDyna - 2013-01-15

(2013-01-15, 18:36)Tolriq Wrote: They are no more on the pure remoting part, but still available in plenty of other space like now playing screen, left menu, widgets , notifications , .... Smile

Ok, I guess I'm screwed then, I'm using Aeon Nox and there are no buttons I can push on the remote that will give me any menu that allows pause / stop.

I tested it just now and the only way to stop a video from the remote was to use the arrow keys to jump forward repeatedly until the EOF was reached.