Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - mdleal82 - 2013-05-26

Is it possible to resume .strm files locally(android)? I am receiving the follow error,"no stream server found or problem finding the corresponding media." I have done some searching and did not come up with anything.

Notes:
XBMC 12.2
Firewall of
UPnP enabled.
I can send videos from the remote to XBMC.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-05-26

@styx06 : I don't have control over the keyboard you use so can't Smile

And no way to show a virtual keyboard from a widget. Android limitations.

@mdleal82 : I need more details but if Xbmc does not expose the media via UPnP then you won't be able to watch it on phone.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - mdleal82 - 2013-05-27

(2013-05-26, 19:21)Tolriq Wrote: @styx06 : I don't have control over the keyboard you use so can't Smile

And no way to show a virtual keyboard from a widget. Android limitations.

@mdleal82 : I need more details but if Xbmc does not expose the media via UPnP then you won't be able to watch it on phone.

Im trying to play an .strm file that is from a subscription from an addon that we are not suppose to talk about on this forum. We will call it 1¤♡annel. I am running 13.0 on my tablet and can send it using "play using ...."

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-05-27

Well then as usual I'll need logs and a complete issue opened Smile

http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Debug

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - daskamel - 2013-05-27

very nice app!
will yatse support EPG informations anytime soon?

AW: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ga3ns3blu3mchen - 2013-05-27

I am sure, as soon as json will support this feature, Tolriq will take care of it...

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-05-27

Thanks for helping me repeating things Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - navanman - 2013-05-28

Hi Tolriq,

Thanks for all your work on this fantastic app.
One request I have would to change the app icon size to the current android design guidelines, 96X96px.

As it is on hdpi, xhdpi devices, the current icon stands out as being quite a bit smaller than the other icons in app drawer or home screen.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - RXP91 - 2013-05-28

Yatse is getting better and better!

One small issue I'm having is that when I download the cache it randomly needs to re-download everything and seems to forget it has a cache and refreshes everything from the server. I'm not sure what's causing this but it's been regularly happening to me on my Galaxy s4.

Re: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Baswazz - 2013-05-28

I am missing the movie duration in plot screen. Could this be added?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-05-28

@navanman The icon is at the correct size and padding Smile

@RXP91 : As usual logs Smile But unless you purge it or you rescape all your medias with new images there's no possibility for this.

@Baswazz : Duration is shown if it's send by Xbmc ...

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - QLink - 2013-05-29

hi tolriq,

is it possible to add a media synchronize function to Yatse ?

This would be the absolute killer feature.

best greetz

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Reginald - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 09:04)QLink Wrote: hi tolriq,

is it possible to add a media synchronize function to Yatse ?

This would be the absolute killer feature.

best greetz

This would be a pretty big project, it would fit more as an add-on then a module to YATSE. The only other thing I can say is that Plex has this functionality (it took them quite a while to get it fleshed out). So it is possible to do, as Plex is built on top of XBMCs core.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ConfusedTA - 2013-05-29

Hi Tolriq,

My apologies if this has been asked/answered before, I try to keep an eye on this thread and the changelogs, and looking through the options, but can't recollect seeing the following Smile

Firstly - thanks for all your work on this application, I've got it on 3 Android devices throughout the house (2x phones, 1x tablet) and have purchased the unlocker to buy you a coffee! Smile

A couple of feature requests...

I have a number of XBMC hosts around the house. It's unusual for more than 1 to be on/active at any one time. Is there a way that it could "detect" which XBMC instance is available/playing something? This would then allow it to always be showing what I'm watching, and will in effect be a way for it to "follow" me.

For example, if a host isn't currently playing something, could it (in the background?) be trying to connect to other hosts and check for anything playing - and if so, change to that host as the active? So if Host #1 is switched off and unavailable, it will search Host #2 and Host #3 to see if they're switched on/playing something. I'm watching something on Host #2, so it shows that. I then move to Host #3 (switching off Host #2) - it will then search for an active host.

Kind of on the above, when I am searching for something on YouTube etc, and wish to "Play with XBMC" - it will default to trying to send it to whichever host I was last using on my phone. I often forget which one this is, and don't always think about going into the Chooser widget or Yatse itself to select the relevant host. If there was an option to allow prompting of which host to send the "Play with XBMC" request to, that would be really useful.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2013-05-29

@QLink / Reginald : This is effectively a vast subject Smile There was a proposal for a GSOC on this, it seems it was not accepted but someone may still take it.
And for the record the Plex server have nothing to do with Xbmc it's a complete write from scratch that offer much more things than Xbmc currently allows.

The main problem about sync is that the current Xbmc database layout and IDs are not prepared for this and it's hard to have diff between state for adding / removing without full global complex sync since ID can change for a same item.

@ConfusedTA : This was already answered as not possible for battery constraint I can assure you that you don't want Yatse to do non stop networking requests on multiple hosts Smile