Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-01-30

What do you mean by a tablet interface ? ...

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Reginald - 2014-01-30

(2014-01-30, 18:08)Tolriq Wrote: What do you mean by a tablet interface ? ...

Yeah, he lost me there too, it works great on my 5" phone, 7" tablet and 10" tablet.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Pajn - 2014-01-30

(2014-01-30, 18:08)Tolriq Wrote: What do you mean by a tablet interface ? ...
Right now Yatse gets scaled. That means that the navigation buttons gets huge on
my 10" tablet. This makes it impossible for me to reach all buttons by my thumb
while holding the tablet.
I would prefer that the buttons kept the same size as on my 5" phone and geared
to the right so they could be reached while holding the tab. Basically just that the
portrait layout of the phone were displayed instead of the landscape and aligned
to the right.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-01-30

Well this does not work for left handed peoples or tablets with very large borders.

A 10'' tablet is not made to be one hand used and thumb clicks Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Pajn - 2014-01-30

I'm using both hands, holding the tab with both and navigates with the thumbs. Most other
apps works very well like this. I would imagine that this use case isn't that unusual.
And as Yatse already have an option for persistent side menu, the left thumb is already busy.

Can't this be added as a separate option? Keeping the current default.

Yatse is wonderful on the phone but this disturbs me so much that I don't use it on the tab
which is sad :/

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-01-31

Well not sure I can do anything about this, I can't see anything that would suit your need without looking very bad Sad

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-02-03

So #Yatse 4.0 beta's are starting Wink

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106607702940190202508 to join.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - warlion - 2014-02-03

Thanks tolriq I'll give it a try

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - funkelito - 2014-02-03

Hi !

It seems that i cannot get xbmc starter get to run. whatever port i choose (and i tried a lot), when i longpress the wakeup button, i get always the same error message: "configured port already used by another program"
anyone else got this problem and knows how to solve it?
thx

edit:
WOL works
disabled windows firewall, but no success

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Briany - 2014-02-05

If I'm searching Youtube (or most any other plugin) via Yatse , the search box pops up on screen waiting for the search terms. Thing is, I can type out the text within Yatse and send it to XBMC, making the on-screen search box kind of redundant and screen-obscuring. I know this isn't a Yatse problem or an XBMC one as the search box is pretty much necessary when searching from other kinds of interfaces but is there a tweak that would make the XBMC-Yatse experience that much more seemless for people who like to do it all from their phone/tablet?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-02-06

Unfortunately there's nothing possible on Yatse's end as the addon api is quite limited.

Perhaps for G+1 they'll add something Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - handbone - 2014-02-06

(2014-02-03, 22:18)funkelito Wrote: Hi !

It seems that i cannot get xbmc starter get to run. whatever port i choose (and i tried a lot), when i longpress the wakeup button, i get always the same error message: "configured port already used by another program"
anyone else got this problem and knows how to solve it?
thx

edit:
WOL works
disabled windows firewall, but no success

Make sure the port you use on XBMC Starter for WOL matches the WOL on Yatse.

Try using a different port and make sure you add it to "port forwarding" on your router

What I have done is setup Port Forwarding on my router to an unused port (lets say 43).
Then made sure to enable control via http on xbmc using port 43.
Then on XBMC starter, I use port 43 for WOL.
Last, on Yatse, I put in port 43 for WOL and for the remote.

No issues on Frodo or Gotham.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Lunatixz - 2014-02-08

Does your app constantly ping xbmc json?
Code:
,{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.GetProperties","params":{"properties":["volume","muted"]}}]

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Milhouse - 2014-02-08

(2014-02-08, 01:09)Lunatixz Wrote: Does your app constantly ping xbmc json?

Unfortunately, yes (see earlier discussion). Sad

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-02-08

As I already said it's more Fortunately since this is one of the thing that allows Yatse to just work and not face all the problems that notifications have Wink