Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Briany - 2014-02-08

(2014-02-06, 10:01)Tolriq Wrote: Unfortunately there's nothing possible on Yatse's end as the addon api is quite limited.

Perhaps for G+1 they'll add something Smile

Maybe so. I'm not complaining because both XBMC and Yatse are amazing as they are but an evolution of XBMC would certainly be to offer increased levels and flexibility of support to the remote devices which users control it from, of which I'd imagine a sizable proportion are Android. Hopefully we'll see something on this end.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - alspoll - 2014-02-09

All,

I am having a weird issue with displaying the correct cover. The covers are all correct in xbmc but when in yatse it appears to be pulling a different cover.

For instance, for ".Hack// Beyond the World" it is displaying "The New World".

Not sure where it is getting that cover as it doers not exist in my library.

Any suggestion on where to start troubleshooting?

TIA,

AL

remote command works and then seems to cancel out 2 seconds later - clm2500 - 2014-02-10

Hi There,

Sorry, I'm a non techy, so I know I'm not using the right jargon to explain this.

my xbmc is set up on a windows 8 machine -frodo
I've installed Yatse remote on both my S Gal 3 and in my ipad 2 to control my xbmc

Ipad Yatse works great, no issues

Android app appears to work great, but when I send a commend to start playing a video (like enter)...it will start and then cancel out 2 - 3 seconds later. It's almost like Yatse is sending another command 2 seconds later to cancel the first.

I'm sure this is an easy settings issue that I just can't figure out. Any ideas or help would be great.

Thanks!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Vampirebat - 2014-02-10

(2014-02-10, 00:50)clm2500 Wrote: Hi There,

Sorry, I'm a non techy, so I know I'm not using the right jargon to explain this.

my xbmc is set up on a windows 8 machine -frodo
I've installed Yatse remote on both my S Gal 3 and in my ipad 2 to control my xbmc

Ipad Yatse works great, no issues

Android app appears to work great, but when I send a commend to start playing a video (like enter)...it will start and then cancel out 2 - 3 seconds later. It's almost like Yatse is sending another command 2 seconds later to cancel the first.

I'm sure this is an easy settings issue that I just can't figure out. Any ideas or help would be great.

Thanks!

you need to make a debug log so we can see what commands are being sent.
then save it to drop box or some other file server site and post the link here so someone can look at it and see whats going on.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - nickr - 2014-02-10

Not drop box, please!

pastebin was made for this!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-02-10

@alspoll : Skins can display different data than remotes.
Please as explained in Yatse FAQ check the images associated with your media inside Xbmc (c key on a movie then movie details) then change them there or use a tool to correct your data.

@clm2500 : As they said please upload a log (but yes please upload direct file as I have tools to analyse Wink )
But there's nothing like a Yatse app for Ipad so it's kinda strange Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Ferdi-T - 2014-02-12

Just bought a Sony Smartwatch. Ever contemplated adding support for it, perhaps through a plugin? Pausing XBMC through Yatse on my watch would be amazing. :-)

Some code is available at: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144975

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-02-13

Well source code does not mean I can use it Wink

And as already answered I can't and won't support any possible smartwatch on the market I just don't have them and adding tons of sdk would just be bad for global users experience.

I do publish an API so you can achieve lot's on things on those watches with it Smile

Idea for Implementation | Resolving the Hostname - himatech - 2014-02-14

I think the saying that Android doesn't resolve local hostnames isn't true.

My XBMC machine gets a dynamic IP address.

Here is what I do each time I access the machine using Yatse:
  1. Open Yatse
  2. Add/Modify Server
  3. Remove the IP address and add the machine name
  4. Press Next, you'll receive an error
  5. Press Back, you'll realise that the IP address has changed
All I do is replacing the old IP with this new IP address and it works.

Could you apply this workaround as an automated fix to resolve the hostname, please?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Scott00007 - 2014-02-14

I would like a work around as well. I have the same problem.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-02-14

Well there's no workaround here Wink

And if you have an error when pressing next then it's that Android have not resolved the name, so you either need to have a correct network setup able to handle name resolution (like using your router dns and not your providers ones) or use fixed ip or dhcp reservations.

Pressing back just bring you to auto discovery screen and you choose another discovered host. You may write anything in the name it would still auto detect.
You can also just press back without typing anything Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - truthlesshero - 2014-02-15

I love yatse and have been using it for a few years now...i just recently even bought the unlocker! which is a rare thing for me since i usually always stick with the free apps...

but there's something wrong with my yatse..i recently decided to try using the remote from a non-lan protocol..so my phone would not be connected to wifi (regular cellular data) and try to control xbmc from there (so i can access it anywhere)
i've correctly forwarded the ports on my server (i can access the http webserver using a browser) but yatse will not connect. the button is white on top (as opposed to red to say it's not connecting) but it doesn't do anything on the actual xbmc..when i added the server, it correctly asked my user name and password and logged in when i put it..but it's not doing anything after i click connect to it...any ideas?
it's basically not connecting at all as it can't retrieve the library or do anything with it...any help would be appreciated...

edit: nevermind..figured it out...forgot to port forward 9777 as well...Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Lunatixz - 2014-02-15

(2014-02-08, 07:45)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-08, 01:09)Lunatixz Wrote: Does your app constantly ping xbmc json?

Unfortunately, yes (see earlier discussion). Sad

If the only reason its there is to verify mute status, can you add an option to disable it?
I rather press mute twice, then hammer my json.

XBMC has a nasty bug when json gets flooded XBMC crashes (At least in windows it does).

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-02-15

Lol no it's not the reason ...
This is because notifications are bugged and not reliable for efficient remoting.

And I have multiple Windows XBMC and 10 devices with Yatse really hammering all days and no XBMC crash

And well Yatse have passed the 500 000 users so if that would be the case I think I'd have some info on it Wink

Re: RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Lunatixz - 2014-02-15

(2014-02-15, 21:29)Tolriq Wrote: Lol no it's not the reason ...
This is because notifications are bugged and not reliable for efficient remoting.

And I have multiple Windows XBMC and 10 devices with Yatse really hammering all days and no XBMC crash

And well Yatse have passed the 500 000 users so if that would be the case I think I'd have some info on it Wink

I didn't say your app alone crashes xbmc.... Test for yourself... Write a simple python script to query Json a few times in a row. Then execute a few at the same time, to simulate multiple addons trying to access Json at the same time

Thanks for the info...