Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - buju - 2014-02-27

(2014-02-22, 16:02)Tolriq Wrote: A small WIP available for tests in beta program Wink

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106607702940190202508?cfem=1

Hi Tolriq, great app. I have been using it for a while and I/my family have been quite happy with it.
There is one aspect that I wish could be made possible - and if it will be, it would make this app even better.

I don't know if you are familiar with this, but there is a very popular TV Guide that allows one to have a Universal TV Guide on XBMC with the ability of mapping channels from not only regular .strm files, but also from xml and, most importantly, from various apps from where people get streams. Using this app and paid IPTV services people are able to have a great way to do Internet TV.

Now, there is just one item that would make things just perfect - an ability to have an XBMC install on a smartphone + Dixie Dean's TV Guide and upon selecting a channel having it start playing on the HTPC connected to the TV. So the stream will be played from the HTPC, with the smartphone just sending the command to the HTPC. Pretty much what is done today with your app for the movies, etc. or with Chromecast.

I see the word Chromecast in your post and I always wanted to ask you about the functionality above - how can it be done the easiest way - can you support it, somehow? Today, when you open the TV Guide (either the original one or Dixie Dean's) there is no guide coming up - instead, the guide opens on the TV. Much harder control.

I hope that this will be possible soon, somehow, as this will really be the holy grail of Internet TV watching.
Thanks for your app.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-02-28

I'm not sure to fully understand the need Smile

Does it act like an addon that you can already browse from addon part ?
Or like an EPG client in Xbmc ?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - buju - 2014-02-28

(2014-02-28, 10:29)Tolriq Wrote: I'm not sure to fully understand the need Smile

Does it act like an addon that you can already browse from addon part ?
Or like an EPG client in Xbmc ?

Sorry, I seem to have forgotten to clearly identify what the TV Guide is and how it works.
The XBMC add on that I am talking about and that lots of people use today is HERE.

What is does is the following:
  • The original TV Guide allows one to a) use an XMLTV file (from a server or a custom one kept on the HTPC) that is regularly updated so that it pulls in the latest TV programming for the selected channels; b) map a live stream file (.strm, or from an xml or an entry in a Fav file) to each channel.
  • The Dixie Dean extension takes things a bit further by a) integrating other add ons, so that if a video stream is found in say Navi-X, one can map that to a TV Guide channel and play it by selecting the channel; and b) maintains an XMLTV file that he updates regularly, one that contains popular mainly European TV channels.

The holy grail to me would be to be able to have the TV Guide open on a smartphone and once you select/ play the channel from the TV Guide, the channel opens on the XBMC install on the HTPC/TV. Whether that would require or not to have the TV Guide add on open on TV as well or not, or even having the XBMC open or not (this would be the Chromecast scenario, I guess), it's irrelevant. The main source of user's programming becomes the tablet and the user uses it to play the channel on TV, once selecting it from the TV Guide on the smartphone.

Whether this is possible to do without an xbmc and TV Guide install on the smartphone - I don't know, hopefully that will not be needed. But if it is, I guess it would still be OK. But, ideally, what would be really cool to have is the TV Guide being available within/through Yatse and upon selecting a channel the play command will be sent to the XBMC install on the TV.
Not sure whether a plugin in would work or what, but I am bringing this up as something that would greatly enhance the appeal/ value of your app, if doable.

Same as in the case of Yatse - the smartphone will see the media contents (e.g. the movies in the library), which the user can browse and then, upon the user selecting one to play, Yatse tells the remote XBMC instance to play the stream locally and not through the smartphone on which Yatse is used from. In the TV Guide case instead of library based Movies you would deal with live TV channels, browsing the TV Channels EPG on the TV Guide will be like browsing through the Movie library and the movie synopsis and, finally, selecting a TV Guide TV channel and having it played on the remote XBMC/TV, is similar to selecting a movie from the library and having it played onto the remote XBMC/TV.

Using Chromcast would be just a last resort option, to me, as it requires buying more HW, when we already have XBMC on the HTPC/TV.

I hope that I made this a bit clearer. We can discuss options, once you can figure out how this could be achieved through/ with Yatse.

Thanks for looking into this.

Re: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - nickr - 2014-02-28

Does gotham's 'play using' feature work for this?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - buju - 2014-02-28

(2014-02-28, 22:10)nickr Wrote: Does gotham's 'play using' feature work for this?

I think that it would not as that is a UPnP specific command for content that is on the local network, not on Internet, as a stream is.

But I am not 100% sure. In a way a bookmark, an .strm file, etc, they can still be regarded as content - or are they not?
Not sure. But I would bet on this not working with non actual A/V content.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-03-03

Well I still not sure completely understand the use case, but having an offline TV browser that would work on any client Xbmc is not the scope of Yatse.

But Yatse does include the send to feature so any app sharing stream links should be able to send them to any Xbmc.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - buju - 2014-03-03

(2014-03-03, 11:52)Tolriq Wrote: Well I still not sure completely understand the use case, but having an offline TV browser that would work on any client Xbmc is not the scope of Yatse.

But Yatse does include the send to feature so any app sharing stream links should be able to send them to any Xbmc.

Hi Tolriq,

Quite confused of your "offline TV browser" statement.
The HW setup is the following:
a) Internet --- HTPC --- TV
b) Internet/ cellular network --- smartphone

The smartphone sends the play content at URL [whatever], the HTPC goes to the URL and starts playing that content - on the TV connected to it via HDMI. The smartphone app just sends the command that specifies what URL/ live TV stream to be played on the HTPC. The smartphone is not streaming anything.

Today, if you access an internet live stream URL via Yatse and via XBMC on the HTPC you are able to do the above.
The issue is that it is not possible to have the entire TV guide on the smartphone and to select the link from there as the TV guide could not open from within Yatse. What is lacking is the TV Guide GUI on the smartphone, that (if necessary) map to the app on the HTPC XBMC.

Let me know if this made it clearer.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-03-04

Yes that what I understood Smile

But so Yatse does all it needs and you need a TV guide app Wink and I as said this is not the purpose of Yatse Sad

Yatse API is complete enough to be integrated in any app that would do that.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - buju - 2014-03-04

(2014-03-04, 11:24)Tolriq Wrote: Yes that what I understood Smile

But so Yatse does all it needs and you need a TV guide app Wink and I as said this is not the purpose of Yatse Sad

Yatse API is complete enough to be integrated in any app that would do that.

Ah, OK. I was not sure if we were on the same page - desired functionality wise.
I gathered that it may not be a native Yatse app, but wanted to know:
a) If it would be a Yatse plug in of some sort
b) If not, what would be the API to use by this 3rd party app, for this specific need.
If you could point me to the specific call out that would be great. I would want to pass this on to the TV Guide dev, so that he will decide if this is something he would be willing to do.

Thanks

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - blubserl - 2014-03-05

hi!

i installed yatse yesterday and really like it. i would like to buy the full unlocked version for my kindle fire hdx 8.9.
unfortunately there's no google play store on this amazon tablet.

my question is: would it be possible to buy the unlocker on the play store of my mobile phone and transfer the unlocker .apk to my tablet, or won't this work?

thank you and greetings!

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2014-03-05

@buju Wiki have tons of information Wink http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Api

@blubserl : No it will not work Wink

I hope to propose alternative payment method soon.

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - buju - 2014-03-05

(2014-03-05, 21:00)Tolriq Wrote: @buju Wiki have tons of information Wink http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Api

Very interesting - I see what you are referring to. The callout is clearly available, for any type or media or URI.
I will now shift my attention to the TV Guide guys Smile
Thanks

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - amwebby - 2014-03-06

I have paid for the full version if Yatse and can access the more settings but, when I try and stream content via upnp/airplay I get a screen telling me this is only available in the paid version! What?

RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - DJ... - 2014-03-06

Hi Tolriq,

Been using Yatse (paid) for quite some time now and absolutely love it. I have neglected to post about my one issue with it though, although I did see a previous thread where the symptom was mentioned but you stated that you couldn't recreate it on your end.

basically Yatse on all of my devices, across various ROMs, and various Android versions seems to open multiple instances of itself for some reason. Pressing back to exit the app sometimes requires pressing it a dozen times to close. This is a minor issue - the real issue comes when I try to send something to the XBMC system from my phone, especially YouTube videos. It tries to open the video as many times as Yatse is opened, so it ends up in a loop trying to open the stream (on XBMC). I've resorted to exiting (pressing back multiple times) and opening Yatse once, and then choosing to send to XBMC - this works, but it's a hassle.

Hopefully there is a solution to this that I've simply not been able to find using the search box...?

Re: RE: Yatse - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - blueturtles - 2014-03-06

(2014-03-06, 00:13)DJ... Wrote: Hi Tolriq,

Been using Yatse (paid) for quite some time now and absolutely love it. I have neglected to post about my one issue with it though, although I did see a previous thread where the symptom was mentioned but you stated that you couldn't recreate it on your end.

basically Yatse on all of my devices, across various ROMs, and various Android versions seems to open multiple instances of itself for some reason. Pressing back to exit the app sometimes requires pressing it a dozen times to close. This is a minor issue - the real issue comes when I try to send something to the XBMC system from my phone, especially YouTube videos. It tries to open the video as many times as Yatse is opened, so it ends up in a loop trying to open the stream (on XBMC). I've resorted to exiting (pressing back multiple times) and opening Yatse once, and then choosing to send to XBMC - this works, but it's a hassle.

Hopefully there is a solution to this that I've simply not been able to find using the search box...?

So funny you brought this up today because this just happened to me last night. If you need more information let me know.