Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-03-12

Same content only your Wifi router answer the discovery request.

But as I said earlier you may really want to udpate to Gotham to get rid of UPnP Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - e2zippo - 2014-03-12

(2014-03-12, 11:31)Tolriq Wrote: Same content only your Wifi router answer the discovery request.

But as I said earlier you may really want to udpate to Gotham to get rid of UPnP Wink

Hey Tolriq, great job on v4, it's really sweet! But I have some problems with streaming as well.
It's working, but 5/10 movies lag really bad, can't really pinpoint why, I'm using Mx Player. Worked awesome with previous version.

I'll will provide logs later.

Btw, are there any benefits to not use UPnP? I'm on Gotham Beta 1 so I can disable it, what protocol would be used then?

Cheers!

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-03-12

Http and it's disabled by default Smile

You may want to try the Force addon streaming to get back to UPnP to get previous behaviour, as if your Xbmc is under Windows there's some problems on http that won't be fixed for Gotham Sad

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - ezechiel1917 - 2014-03-12

Thanks for new version.
It's great as always and new image cache saved me lot of free space!

Do you plan support for actors thumbnails pre-fetch? (Manually entering every movie/tvshows is really exhausting Wink )

Also would it be possible to do dynamic EPG fetching (so you don't have to wait everytime you enter PVR channels section) ? I noticed there is now option to disable EPG fetching, but it would be great to have EPG available and usable. Maybe some kind of local EPG cache could also work.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - e2zippo - 2014-03-12

(2014-03-12, 12:32)Tolriq Wrote: Http and it's disabled by default Smile

You may want to try the Force addon streaming to get back to UPnP to get previous behaviour, as if your Xbmc is under Windows there's some problems on http that won't be fixed for Gotham Sad

You mean I'm using http right now since upgrading? I'll try the "force addon streaming" and see if that helps!

Thanks! Cool

Edit: just tried out streaming with "force addon streaming" options checked, and now it works great again, thanks!

@ezechiel1917 : Well it's hard to fetch actors due to how I handle them to be compatible from Eden to Gotham Sad

For EPG when full support this is the plan, the problem is that the API is slow and limited for Gotham and doing all the math on device would use memory and cpu for nothing Sad

@Vibes : I'm playing with new version of the upnp lib can you pm me your mail so I can send you a test build ?

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Vibes - 2014-03-12

Thank you for solving my streaming problem. Great support Smile

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - ezechiel1917 - 2014-03-13

Wtih dynamic EPG fetching you could dynamically display channel results from JSON-RPC API as it flows in. That would speed up process to display at least something (first few channels) and load/display the rest while user checks EPG channels which are already displayed (New channels with EPG would be dynamically added to the list when the results came in)
That should use about the same resources as current code when you wait for all EPG channels results before you display the channel list , right?

(2014-03-12, 19:23)Tolriq Wrote: @ezechiel1917 : Well it's hard to fetch actors due to how I handle them to be compatible from Eden to Gotham Sad

For EPG when full support this is the plan, the problem is that the API is slow and limited for Gotham and doing all the math on device would use memory and cpu for nothing Sad

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-03-13

Not so easily since I cannot filter the data before query I can only ask full EPG per channel, and each query can take quite some time on low end devices.

Now the guy scroll the list, you send tons of query that can take some time, you need to queue them with a complex cancellation system and needs to have a dedicated queue to handle them but then could hit the 4 thread limit on Xbmc side and lock other functions.

Batch queries are the way to go with the limitations, the team refused that I push PR to address the need for Gotham so well I will not dev complex things that will not work correctly in some case just to address Xbmc limitations.

So as I said something will come when full EPG support will be added, but there's no easy solution to address the current API limits on slow sources (Check that you have the option copy EPG to database on Xbmc side as it could increase the speed a lot)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - ezechiel1917 - 2014-03-13

Thanks for explanation of requirements of cancellation system, queues etc. which I really didn't think about. As I'm not a developer it's really easy to propose solution but unfortunately also "ignore" it's obstacles Wink
I thought that this approach wouldn't require much more resources because you already query all channels unless you disable EPG fetching, Only thing that would change would be EPG population in channel list. (Ie. you could first display channels list almost instantly and then populate EPG info only as it load the results in background) But your points makes perfect sense.

Anyway I agree that full EPG API support is the way to go.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-03-13

Yatse 4.0.2 just pushed to bring back send to Xbmc from youtube with new Youtube app 5.5.x

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Vibes - 2014-03-13

Cool, I use YouTube to XBMC TV quite a lot.
Small detail/feedback. In settings "action on media start" > "remote" works fine. But it shouldn't switch to remote again if I'm already on the remote when I start something.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Tolriq - 2014-03-14

Queue plugin is now also updated to support new Youtube app Smile

I did not think so much people used those functions, but judging the quantity of mails received it seems so Wink

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - cnmsales - 2014-03-14

Can someone please help me get XBMC to turn on/off using the remote app? I have tried in the past but it never would work. Its been a while since last trying and really would like to get it working. It would go a long way to getting my wife to use it.

Additionally, is there a way to force xbmc to display on 2nd monitor? Any time my tv shuts off xbmc forces its self back to the main monitor, but does go back to the 2nd one when it comes back on.

I am on windows 7. Using Frodo. When I press the power button in Yatse i get the message Starting:XbmcComputername, WOL sent, Host should be starting. But the system does not start. I checked me network card and WOL is enabled on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - wes paich - 2014-03-15

and you changed the udp port to 12 on the remote and the config for the program? you have to for win 7