Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-07-01

(2014-06-30, 23:01)Sir Wellington Wrote: I am exiting because I saw a discussion of XBMC that said XBMC should be exited to allow the changes to take place.
I had no reason to question that instruction but I didn't verify or ask the right people (you and those on this thread) that
know what they are talking about. I have no idea where I found that information, it did sound good.
I do exit from the screen and go to the home screen before exiting.

Now, when I set the radial to allow control by HTTP and I exit the screen but not to exit XBMC, it remains unchanged
when I go back to the screen.
I will attempt to find out if Yatse will connect without exiting XBMC after I set the radial

I will check out the instructions you have posted and I will use them to see where I went wrong.

Thank you
Click on the link in my post, that takes you to an earlier post I made. Click the link given in the earlier post. Have you followed ALL thise instructions? There is more than just turning on http control.

Then do this:

1. Turn on debug log (wiki)ging
2. exit xbmc
3. start xbmc
4. try to turn on http control
5. post your debug log to pastebin or xbmclogs.com and then give us the link.

Do NOT post your log inline here.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Sir Wellington - 2014-07-01

bry-, I wouldn't mind a bit. I could build a block diagram and show you here, but I don't know how to
place it here after I draw it, if that's what you wish for me to do. I have all of the IP addresses available
that I have on my tablet using the app "fing".

Otherwise, I can use a direct line approach:

desktop Ethernet wired to router (192.168.0.191) -- router (192.168.0.1) --
Tivo (192.168.0.194) and (192.168.0.196) -- laptop wifi (192.168.0.192) -- Samsung Tablet 2 7.0 wifi (192.168.0.187).
All except the desktop is wirelessly connected to network. I don't know if this will work for you to help.

The tablet sees the network and all attached, but will not communicate with XBMC. I haven't tried to put XBMC on the desktop yet
to see if the tablet can talk to it. That may not get me anywhere though.

I see on the issues that on one set up IPv6 will not work and IPv4 does. Can that be a problem? I'm running Win7 86/64 on my laptop.

If this will not do. Would you let me know how to do the block diagram and flow of communications?

I also have now as nickr and Tolrig suggested a debug log of both Yatse and XBMC. What to do with them
I have no idea, except to add them to a trouble issues area or put them here on this thread. How, I don't know.

Thank you for joining in for some support as nickr has done. Anything is appreciated, I'm flying blind.

Sir Wellington

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Sir Wellington - 2014-07-01

nickr - Here are the urls for the logs as you requested.

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=238418
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=238419

I went to the site you requested that I review and I found that I have set up XBMC as directed.
All settings are correct as I see them.

I did see in the video that in UPnP "Allow control of XBMC via UPnP" was set and was not
set in the screens below, just Share video and music library updates through UPnP.
What I have read is that only "share video" was set on the UPnP screen.

I hope this helps. I don't think a click on the debug log urls will suffice. When I clicked on the link you
provided for me, I clicked on it and sent me to another location. These urls are not doing that.
What must I do to have you click on the link to get the urls?

When I hit quick reply, the urls were available to click on so I'm ok, I believe.
I hope they are what is needed to make some form of opinion.
I did the 5 steps that you suggested I do.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-07-01

Please post the contents of your guisettings.xml to pastebin

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - dodoadoodoo - 2014-07-01

(2014-07-01, 01:21)Sir Wellington Wrote: Tivo (192.168.0.192) and (192.168.0.194) -- laptop wifi (192.168.0.192) -- Samsung Tablet 2 7.0 wifi (192.168.0.187).

Two devices with the same ip address (.192). Typo?

/D

dodoadoodoo: Yes, that was a typo, the TIVO's have 194 and 196. One was just above the other and I misread.
Thank you for calling my attention too that. Ne'er the twain shall meet to coin a phrase.

nickr: my long distance friend, you have the uncanny nack for giving me instructions to provide you something
to use for my benefit and I have no idea how to start. I know that is the way to learn, but you have my number.
I trust I need to locate the screens for each of the guisettings in XBMC that I have set up and transfer them to
pastebin but I'm not sure how to do that. I do find information on the internet to help at times so this may be one
of those times. Are they located on my hard drive in the XBMC folder?
Did the debug logs come thru ok that I sent to xbmclogs.com? I produced them in XBMC using the XBMC debug loader.

To all who are helping me! I need to improve your reputations but how do I do that? What is the plus button?

I have a debug report sitting on my tablet sdcard from when I attempted to connect to XBMC without success. I would like to know
how to get it to y'all so you can see any existing problems.

Thanks again, all

The debug logs are there, as you would see if you clicked the links you posted in the forum.

I don't see anywhere in there that you start the webwerver service though. Can you identify which line that happens in?

No I wanted the guisettings.xml file from your userdata folder. Can you not even search the wiki?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata

There done it for you.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Sir Wellington - 2014-07-02

nickr:

I didn't click the links of the logs I provided, just wanted to know if they were a good tool that you
had asked for or did I need to gather additional info. My mistake! I wasn't sure of what I would do if I clicked
on them, when in doubt, don't. I clicked on crash log but found no readable entry. I will work on that too.

I can search the wiki and did so. I found that the guisettings.xml file was in the userdata folder. after my last post.
My next task is to get the file sent to pastebin as you asked me to do. I will get that done!

I see you did in fact get it done for me. When I went to wiki I did not get to the userdata page and didn't see what
you have placed in front of me to use.

I see the initialization at the beginning, an error on line 61 noting that it couldn't open config file, found devices,
add-ons installed, line 200 not all directories successfully scanned, loading keymapping, line 280 no userdata IRSSmap.xml - found,
loading skin Confluence, could not parse, setting python path to files, starting UDP event server listening on port 9777,
CRemote failed to connect.
I see events that may be creating some difficulty but without a reading knowledge of the debug log to identify the sequences I
would have difficulty finding the line that webserver service should be started. I see UDP ports but no TCP port listening on 8080.
I will search for answers to your question of the line that the webserver should start.

thank your for your consideration and guidance.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Sir Wellington - 2014-07-02

GUI settings are on pastebin under Sir_Wellington as named GUI-Settings. Just pasted!

I checked it and I must have overlooked HTTP control of XBMC in webserver.
I saw everything else as either true or false. I believe you can see that I did set up
XBMC as it should be.

Please review and let me know if I did not set up something well.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-07-02

Post the bloody link to the pastebin page you loaded it to.

Nickr:
Another learning experience. takes me some time to find out info
and how to's before I get something done. I am envious of your
expertise.
I sense pressure to accomplish my task, Before I have
success I hope any frustration is short lived, I know my questions are
not up to a quality level and seem stupid. I should know that info. I know
my shortcomings and need help. No question is silly or stupid, I tell my subordinates.

Here is the bloody link, mate, to coin a phrase! Since I had never heard of pastebin it
took me some time and trial and error to even get the pastebinID to get it to this thread.

http://pastebin.com/9vNPKJX1

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-07-02

You don't have the webserver turned on.

<webserver default="true">false</webserver>

Did you install Apple Bonjour per the instructions?

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - blueturtles - 2014-07-02

Can you refresh us (me) what router with model number you are using? Thanks.

Cheers!

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - Sir Wellington - 2014-07-03

Nickr:
I believe line 360 or close, would be right for starting network services. I see its not there.

Apple bonjour is identified as starting zeroconf and Bonjour is there as version 333.10.
Startup UPnP server.
Starting event server.
JSNRDC successfully initiated.

Now, the webserver! Right, the webserver is not on as I see in guisettings.xml. It is set as false.
I see other entries as true and I know I have set them under the GUI, but I did not see a radial
to turn on the webserver in any of the screens. Do I set it to true in GUI Settings? or go back to XBMC
and find what I missed? I read that in Gotham, modifications in GUI Settings would no work or override.

Blueturtles:
My router is a D-Link DIR-825 dual 2.4GHZ and 5.0GHZ I'm on 2.4 since I can use only one stream per
computer or insert another wireless card.

RE: Yatse - Full featured XBMC Remote and Widgets for Android - nickr - 2014-07-03

I don't know what on earth you mean by radial, I have been wondering for some time why you keep using the word. Do you mean "radio button"?

The screenshot you posted here Image seems to show the webserver as "on", but guisettings.xml tells us differently.

You say that you set the webserver to be on but the setting doesn't "stick". I asked you for a debug log showing you turning it on. You posted a log but I do not see you turning the webserver on. Here is an excerpt from my log (on a windows machine) when I turn the webserver off and then on:
Code:
11:59:28 T:6352   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (SettingsCategory.xml) ------
11:59:28 T:6352    INFO: Loading skin file: SettingsCategory.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
11:59:28 T:6352   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x50, sym: 0x0112, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
11:59:28 T:6352   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: down (0xf081) pressed, action is Down
11:59:29 T:6352   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x50, sym: 0x0112, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
11:59:29 T:6352   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: down (0xf081) pressed, action is Down
11:59:29 T:6352   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x4d, sym: 0x0113, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
11:59:29 T:6352   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: right (0xf083) pressed, action is Right
11:59:30 T:6352   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
11:59:30 T:6352   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
11:59:30 T:6352  NOTICE: Webserver: Stopping...
11:59:30 T:6352  NOTICE: WebServer: Stopped the webserver
11:59:30 T:6352  NOTICE: Webserver: Stopped...
11:59:30 T:6352   DEBUG: ZeroconfMDNS: Removed service servers.webserver
11:59:30 T:6352   DEBUG: ZeroconfMDNS: Removed service servers.jsonrpc-http
11:59:31 T:6352   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
11:59:31 T:6352   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
11:59:31 T:6352  NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...
11:59:31 T:6352  NOTICE: WebServer: Started the webserver
11:59:31 T:6504   DEBUG: ZeroconfMDNS: identifier: servers.webserver type: _http._tcp name:XBMC (hp1) port:8080
11:59:31 T:6504   DEBUG: ZeroconfMDNS: identifier: servers.jsonrpc-http type: _xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp name:XBMC (hp1) port:8080
11:59:32 T:6352   DEBUG: ZeroconfMDNS: XBMC (hp1)._http._tcp.local. now registered and active
11:59:32 T:6352   DEBUG: ZeroconfMDNS: XBMC (hp1)._xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp.local. now registered and active

As you can see, every keypress is shown in the log with an OnKey message in the log. I don't even see any OnKey lines in your log, so how were you turning the webserver on if you weren't touching the keyboard?