Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - e2zippo - 2012-07-30

Hey Tolriq! Yatzee is progressing well!

Nice to see that you've solved the crash on JB, I've had it a few times.

A couple of things I'd like to see is

(this I'd really like to see!)
* Swipe gestures on the remote, it's easy to strike the wrong key or miss when you're looking at the TV when you're navigating, having gestures would eliminate this
(again screenshot taken from xbmc commmander, sorry, but it works very well!

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6085304_8215135_391138

* Shortcuts from the different views to the other views including remote ( I know there's a shortcut to "Playing now" but you can't do everything from there, like bring the menu up and that kind of stuff.

Thanks a lot for your hard work!

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-07-30

You can swipe left / right between home / remote / now playing already.

For gesture it's on todo list since you're not the only one to ask but one day as usual Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - scoombe - 2012-07-30

(2012-07-27, 21:29)Tolriq Wrote: Ok so the track are correctly tagged with cd number and track number ?

If yes the order should be CD 1 track 1 --- x CD 2 track 1 --- x CD 3 track 1 --- x ?

For the moment I don"t handle the CD tag part but this i can add it won't blow up the database and should correct your problem.

Yes, that's correct. The tracks are all correctly tagged with CD and track number as well. If you can correct this, I would be very appreciative. Thanks again!

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - DarkHelmet - 2012-07-30

(2012-07-30, 00:28)Tolriq Wrote: Playlist are on the todo list Smile

If you don't have songs then there's a sync problem. How many songs do you have ? Can you send me a log cat ? or PM me a mail so I can send you debug builds to find out more.

For the remote part, adding text in multiple languages would be quite ugly, there's very little not ultra clear buttons and they are all explained on the wiki, after 10 min using the remote and seeing the wiki you can't forgot what is the button use.

What I can do is change icons if you provide me betters one in PSD free of rights.

Thanks for the quick response.

Good to hear about the playlist (actually if I'm not mistaken the now playing list is something different than a playlist xbmc-wise).

Indeed there seems to be a sync problem. The orange YATSE symbol in the upper left corner greys out during syncing. I have 2,186 artists and 17,912 songs in my library. YATSE also reported a problem and I sent you a report. How can I provide you with more information? I have to admit I don't know what a log cat is. Angel

Concerning the remote part, personally I actually like the simplicity of the remote part of the official android remote (it lacks other features of YATSE though and seems to be abandoned). Just small dots with a little text underneath.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-07-30

Yes if Yatse icon becomes black it means that xbmc does not answer to yatse 3 consecutive times Sad

I received more than one report so I don't know witch one is yours but there was one with appletv xbmc that is known to be really slow in big json request since not enough cpu power.
If it's your case until Frodo that handle correctly sub requests (well with correct perfs), I'm afraid that it will never work with the way I currently work Sad

For the remoting part, I'm sorry but even if I had more theme changing the design and adding multi language text is clearly not in the plans.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - handbone - 2012-07-31

Is it just me, or did the text size for video information get a little bigger? (good thing). My one idea (like the playlist option being requested) is a button to show your video queue through the app itself.

Another idea is to have a simple slideshow tutorial of how to use the app when first installed. Showing where to set up your xbmc IP setup, and the different menus (remote, video info, main menu) It may eliminate repeated questions, and also may make it easier for new XBMC users who don't visit the forums to learn how to use the app. Or just a link to your site with all the info on first startup. Although they can just hit the yatse icon to get your website info)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-07-31

Some things may have changed yes.

Video queue is like music queue it's current playlist, it's planned as real xbmc playlist.

For slideshow this is a good idea but quite hard to make something multi language and easy to understand for users Smile And I prefer spend time on getting a better app than that.

But I'm still looking for someone to help me maintain the Wiki on this part Smile

And 2.2.2 is uploaded that also correct some crashes, users have really lot's of imagination on how to use android apps Smile

If after upgrading to 2.2.2 you still have crashes that talk about recycled bitmap I'll really need detailed informations on how you produce this and the reports.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - DarkHelmet - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-30, 23:01)Tolriq Wrote: Yes if Yatse icon becomes black it means that xbmc does not answer to yatse 3 consecutive times Sad

I received more than one report so I don't know witch one is yours but there was one with appletv xbmc that is known to be really slow in big json request since not enough cpu power.
If it's your case until Frodo that handle correctly sub requests (well with correct perfs), I'm afraid that it will never work with the way I currently work Sad

For the remoting part, I'm sorry but even if I had more theme changing the design and adding multi language text is clearly not in the plans.

Yes, I believe that was my report. I'm using an appletv 2. Sad to hear. Please don't get this the wrong way, but other android remotes do not time out.

I'll get used to the symbols. No worries. Thanks for the effort and the quick responses.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-07-31

Others remote does not work like me Smile

I do full local sync and target speed, so the choice was made to get a big chunk of data from XBMC in one time since until Frodo this is the fastest way (and by a quite bit amount).
Others often request only songs from albums at runtime and / or gets only small parts of data.

Xbmc remote official use old deprecated direct SQL queries so even if it's slow there's no JSON encoding after the long query and that's this part that kill ATV. Check Json dev thread for more informations.

Doing subqueries would correct the problem specific for ATV but would make synchronization much longer (way much) so I decided to go this way with the side effect of some problems on ATV users with very big songs or tv episodes library.

When Frodo is out I'll implement small chunk sync since it should take the same global time, and I'll surely back port the code as an option to Eden users, but I'm sorry I'll wait at least Beta / RC of Frodo to implement things very specific to it.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Ferdi-T - 2012-08-01

Wondering... how exactly do I change the icons of the grid view of the TV-shows (on the screen which lists the different series)? Atm it shows the shows' banners resized to something like 150x150, which isn't that pretty. I've seen a screenshot on googleplay where TV-shows are represented by their artwork. How do I get this?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-08-01

For the moment banners are not supported in Yatse (Will arrive soon , surely in next version no ETA).

If you want to have posters, you need to change the images in Xbmc so that Xbmc send me the correct ones.
I don't really use them so I don't know if you can set posters as default images for Shows and still see banners inside Xbmc (Perhaps possible with custom skins).

Sv: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - e2zippo - 2012-08-01

Hey tolriq, looking forward to the next update.

I'm still having some crashes on CM10.

Every time I enter my music and start to scroll down it crashes.

I'll see if I can get a logcat..

Cheers!

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-08-01

I must admit that until roms are more stable on S3 for JB I don't want to flash, and JB crash logs for the moment does not contain enough information for real explanation on the real timing of problem.

BTW I'll send you a current work build with some new changes for tests.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - salora - 2012-08-01

my dear friend tolriq (lol I'm trying to put you in a good mood ;-)

If was thinking about something

When you use an external player with xbmc you have the ability with a pop up to choose your player for a video, your external player or the dvdplayer.

Is there a way to have this on yatse??

I can give you the reason for this question if you want too

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-08-02

It's not possible remotely from what I know, but I'll ask if there'll be a way in Frodo Smile

Edit : I've made a Feature request Smile will see if it arrives to Frodo.