Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - MaximumFish - 2013-01-16

Just signed up for GameCenter and tried this on my XBMCbuntu install of Eden. It wouldn't play the HTTP streams at all, whereas the RTMP ones worked as long as I didn't try skipping; then it would have a think for a bit and just quit. This all might be down to my crappy wireless coverage though, so I'll try again with a cable and report back.

I was hoping Frodo final would appear before the weekend but I guess I'm gonna have to install the RC to get those live games!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sav25 - 2013-01-16

Can you post up a log MaxFish?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Maken - 2013-01-16

(2013-01-15, 18:34)folkg Wrote: Out of curiosity, is there an option to start a live game (or the stream) from the beginning, rather than coming in in the middle and ruining the score?

This is a question that I would love to see an answer to before Saturday, does anyone know?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Ruski - 2013-01-16

Anyone try using this addon in conjunction with UnoDNS or unblock-us ?

I have UnoDNS configured on my XBMC box. My Gamecenter account works fine and i was able to stream content already, but i don't know how the "local blackout" stuff will work until it comes to the live game on Saturday.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-01-16

(2013-01-15, 18:34)folkg Wrote: I just tried this out for the first time last night on my Windows 7 64 bit, Frodo Beta 3 and it worked perfectly for condensed games. There seemed to be some excessive buffering in the middle of videos, considering it loaded almost instantly at the start, but I'm going to assume that is on the NHL server side and maybe not being quite ready for the season.

The plugin looks really slick! Good interface and the logos are a great touch. The interface looks really nice navigating on my TV. Thank you very much for your hard work on implementing this!

Out of curiosity, is there an option to start a live game (or the stream) from the beginning, rather than coming in in the middle and ruining the score? I assume there is the ability to rewind. I ask because I have never used this plugin before, and will usually be missing the start of most games as I now live in a different time zone than my favourite team.

I don't know if I can do anything about the buffering. Usually it's not a problem for live games. Unfortunately there is no option to start live games from the beginning. There is a modified version of the plugin somewhere in this thread that has this feature.

(2013-01-15, 18:42)sav25 Wrote: Maybe my problem is a Raspberry Pi issue. Then again, I had issues with desktop too. Will get a log up.

From memory though, you couldn't access games from the 70s/80s with this....is this right? Like, it didn't totally replicate the Vault website?

Games form the 70s and 80s should work. If you get an error, try to load the list of condensed games first and then go back to the classic games.

(2013-01-16, 01:41)sav25 Wrote: This appears to be the culprit - happens every time:

23:39:11 T:2917610560 ERROR: Error on dvdnav_open
23:39:11 T:2917610560 ERROR: COMXPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening []

Maybe the Raspberry Pi doesn't support the stream format yet. Do you have additional codecs installed (the ones you have to pay for)?

(2013-01-16, 09:30)MaximumFish Wrote: Just signed up for GameCenter and tried this on my XBMCbuntu install of Eden. It wouldn't play the HTTP streams at all, whereas the RTMP ones worked as long as I didn't try skipping; then it would have a think for a bit and just quit. This all might be down to my crappy wireless coverage though, so I'll try again with a cable and report back.

I was hoping Frodo final would appear before the weekend but I guess I'm gonna have to install the RC to get those live games!

HTTP streams are broken in Eden but they work in Frodo. That's why there is a modified version of this plugin. I'm using Frodo RC3 for some time now and it's very stable.

(2013-01-16, 20:50)Ruski Wrote: Anyone try using this addon in conjunction with UnoDNS or unblock-us ?

I have UnoDNS configured on my XBMC box. My Gamecenter account works fine and i was able to stream content already, but i don't know how the "local blackout" stuff will work until it comes to the live game on Saturday.

I'm sorry I can't help you with that. You'll have to wait until Saturday to be certain.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Ruski - 2013-01-16

ok no worries, ill update this thread so that anyone else who is interested in using UnoDNS or unblock-us down the road will know if it works, as expected.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-16, 21:31)Carb0 Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 01:41)sav25 Wrote: This appears to be the culprit - happens every time:

Maybe the Raspberry Pi doesn't support the stream format yet. Do you have additional codecs installed (the ones you have to pay for)?

I updated the addon with a fix for the Raspberry Pi. I currently can't test it but I think it fixes the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sav25 - 2013-01-17

Fixed just now? I got it working today by fiddling the overclock, swap and cachemembuffer...but regardless of quality of stream, all games cut to buffering after 5 mins max.

Ill download the update and test. I guess it cant be the addon as on my PC it streams fine. I just need to work out what is causing the buffer on the Pi (both PC and PI are wiree connections off the same homehub)
(2013-01-17, 00:11)Carb0 Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 21:31)Carb0 Wrote:

I updated the addon with a fix for the Raspberry Pi. I currently can't test it but I think it fixes the problem.

FYI I have it working (But with the buffer issues) with and without the paid MPG2 codec, so we can rule that out.

Also...and this is weird...I am streaming films via Navi-X just fine (watched Ted earlier) via the Pi...so its weird that the same Pi and connection is failing with NHL streams?

If you got it working by overclocking then my fix didn't fix anything.

When did you update the file for the fix, as I haven't tried it yet I don't think. Overclocking, enabling a swap file and applying a cachemembuffer fixed it on my first build, however I reinstalled RaspBMC on a second SD card and it worked 'out of the box' as such.

Whilst it doesn't crash anymore, the buffer issue makes it unusable. Yet, as above, other stream sources have no problem.

Could it be something in the addon that restricts the Buffett? Not sure how these things work. If not, im totally stumped...doesnt make sense that a) this works on a desktop and b) other streams work on the Pi.

Sad

I uploaded the fix about 2 minutes before I posted here that I fixed it.

The addon just scrapes the video links. It doesn't control the buffer and I don't know if it's possible to increase it.

Ok let me try this tonight. What exactly did you change out of curiosity?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sav25 - 2013-01-18

Ok tried it again tonight and nothing has changed, still the same buffering issues. I think, it's time to give up .

QUICK UPDATE: I thought i'd watch a game on the PC tonight, and what do you know - buffering issues here too. This is interesting.

I'm going to try my BlackBerry Playbook now and see if I get buffering. If I don't, it's an issue with XBMC or this add-on right?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sav25 - 2013-01-18

Ok the BlackBerry Playbook played the whole condensed game with not a single buffer, and that's using wireless (both my PC and RPI are wired ethernet). So it's definitely a problem with XBMC or this add-on. I'd be very interested if anyone knows where to look, or what might be causing this.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-01-18

I changed PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER to PLAYER_CORE_AUTO. This has been a problem on the Raspberry Pi.

It buffers for me too sometimes. It's either XBMC or the NHL servers. The addon just scrapes the links. By the way there is a NHL Gamecenter app on the Xbox 360 now. I watched a few condensed games and it did not buffer yet but the playback is sometimes very choppy.