Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sav25 - 2013-01-18

Ok well thanks for your support and for trying. Do you know if any sources we can ask, that might know of 'something' in XBMC that might cause this?

Is it possible that the NHL dont like people using the direct streams!?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-01-18

micahg wrote a patch for XBMC that fixed live games in Frodo. He probably knows better how the streaming works and how it can be fixed.

Of course the NHL wants you to use the official apps but I don't think that they can detect if you're using an inofficial app. If they could this addon wouldn't be possible.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - robla - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-18, 17:50)Carb0 Wrote: If they could this addon wouldn't be possible.

I am guessing they just don't mind. As they could simply look at the http headers of the requests :-)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sav25 - 2013-01-18

I'll PM micahg and see if he has any time to take a look at this. Thanks again

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - micahg - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-18, 00:50)sav25 Wrote: Ok the BlackBerry Playbook played the whole condensed game with not a single buffer, and that's using wireless (both my PC and RPI are wired ethernet). So it's definitely a problem with XBMC or this add-on. I'd be very interested if anyone knows where to look, or what might be causing this.

OK, a few things to try/keep in mind. The playbook and XBMC are (probably?) using different stream types (rtmp/hls/Neulions own wierd hls-like protocol) and streaming these from potentially different hosts. I think a fair comparison might be against a roku or something that uses the hls streams. I used to get better performance out of leafs tv over RTMP that I did out of neulions HLS.

If you are getting poor performance out of the live streams see if you can find out (with wireshark) which server is hosting your HLS stream segments and see if the route there is exceptionally long (or longer when you see skipping). Otherwise, you can try to watch the network throughput (with nload) and see if you are getting 3mbps average.

It might also be that ffmpeg does not read ahead far enough... maybe thats something we can address more long term, but certainly not for this season. Anyway, I think this boils down to latency and throughput -- your best bet might be to try and identify networking problems. Sad to say -- you are on your own.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Swiper the Fox - 2013-01-19

I am not able to login
i know my login works, because i can login with same credentials on a computer and with boxee
is there any username /character limitations.

I have _ underscore in my username
will this make any difference
just keep tellling me my credentials failed and i know i have it typed in correctly ?

thanks

edit: forgot to mention. running frodo rc3 on windows 7 (32bit) system

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sav25 - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 03:58)Swiper the Fox Wrote: I am not able to login
i know my login works, because i can login with same credentials on a computer and with boxee

just keep tellling me my credentials failed and i know i have it typed in correctly ?

thanks

You can also log in using your email address - try that and let me know
(2013-01-18, 21:38)micahg Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 00:50)sav25 Wrote: Ok the BlackBerry Playbook played the whole condensed game with not a single buffer, and that's using wireless (both my PC and RPI are wired ethernet). So it's definitely a problem with XBMC or this add-on. I'd be very interested if anyone knows where to look, or what might be causing this.

OK, a few things to try/keep in mind. The playbook and XBMC are (probably?) using different stream types (rtmp/hls/Neulions own wierd hls-like protocol) and streaming these from potentially different hosts. I think a fair comparison might be against a roku or something that uses the hls streams. I used to get better performance out of leafs tv over RTMP that I did out of neulions HLS.

If you are getting poor performance out of the live streams see if you can find out (with wireshark) which server is hosting your HLS stream segments and see if the route there is exceptionally long (or longer when you see skipping). Otherwise, you can try to watch the network throughput (with nload) and see if you are getting 3mbps average.

It might also be that ffmpeg does not read ahead far enough... maybe thats something we can address more long term, but certainly not for this season. Anyway, I think this boils down to latency and throughput -- your best bet might be to try and identify networking problems. Sad to say -- you are on your own.

Thanks Micahg

Are the streams something that can be changed in the add-on? Maybe there's a possible fix there? (sorry, have no idea how this all works so just guessing that maybe there is a few different ways of streaming from the same NHL source here?)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - micahg - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 10:39)sav25 Wrote: Thanks Micahg

Are the streams something that can be changed in the add-on? Maybe there's a possible fix there? (sorry, have no idea how this all works so just guessing that maybe there is a few different ways of streaming from the same NHL source here?)

No, probably not.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-01-19

thanks

I just changed my username and included an underscore and I was still able to log in. Note that you can't use your email address. You have to use your username/screenname. You can change your username on nhl.com in your account preferences.

(2013-01-19, 10:39)sav25 Wrote: You can also log in using your email address

No, you can't log in using your email address in the addon.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sav25 - 2013-01-19

Ah ok, I tested this in a browser on my PC. Sorry chaps :S

(2013-01-19, 17:34)Carb0 Wrote:

thanks

I just changed my username and included an underscore and I was still able to log in. Note that you can't use your email address. You have to use your username/screenname. You can change your username on nhl.com in your account preferences.

(2013-01-19, 10:39)sav25 Wrote: You can also log in using your email address

No, you can't log in using your email address in the addon.

not using e-mail address
still can't login with my username password
even when i am at game center account profile, the only options i have is to change my first and last name
can't change username or password
hmmm

I'm able to change my username and password on this page:
https://account.nhl.com/registeredfanlogin.htm

Just to be sure we're talking about the same page...

i must be losing my mind
i could have sworn, when i was on there, i did not see the username field editable
oh well, thanks alot
i got the username changed
gonna go try it on plug in/in xbmc
ok, so updating username did not help
still got login failed/check credentials msg
rebooted xbmc and rebooted comptuer
no change
then, on the configure screen i clicked on defaults at the bottom
after it all cleared out, i re-entered my info and voila

Its working now !!!

thanks to all
( i noticed phil vs pitts game is there)
are all these games going to be streamed, cuz i didn't see it available on gamecenter page

Yes, these games are going to be streamed.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - MaximumFish - 2013-01-19

I'm watching the pre-game live streams here on my laptop but XBMC is just telling me the stream is not available (and then eventually crashing but we'll get back to that another time). Is anybody else getting the same?

Oh and now the script is just failing when selecting the Live category.