Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - shrewd - 2013-01-20

I could not load the Winnipeg game nor the Ottawa game without using my VPN in the states, I'm in Calgary.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Swiper the Fox - 2013-01-20

Toronto vs Montreal playing fine here,
I'm in canada (wpg)
better color than actual broadcast on cbc
this thing is sweet !

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Wormiez - 2013-01-20

Any Promo codes?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - MaximumFish - 2013-01-20

Hmm, just tested a live game on the Xbox now that it's working and the stream was fantastic. Tried the same game on XBMC and it was plagued with the same buffering issues. They're both connected directly to my router through the same switch.

I don't get it. It's also annoying that there's a disparity between what's available on the Xbox and what's on the website and XBMC. The earlier Habs game shows fine on the latter two but is nowhere to be seen on the Xbox. Frustrating!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - 1080pete - 2013-01-20

It's great to finally have hockey back!
Saw this thread after having issues with ATV2 XBMC Gamecenter Addon but not with regular app on ATV, iPhone, or Mac stream. I went into the settings of the addon and tweaked them a bit but with no avail! Is there a favorite set up by anyone that's had good luck with their XBMC addon? I'd really prefer to use that since I can pick up every game without blackouts but it's like trying to read a bible to millions of people with the worlds worst stutter...

I have some crash dumps that may be of use. I'm surprising no-one else is having these problems as it's pretty consistent on my fresh Frodo install.

See attached. Thanks.

Fake edit: Can't attach so posted to my webspace. See here: http://maximumfish.com/misc/xbmc_crashlog.zip

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - juggie - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-20, 07:42)MaximumFish Wrote: I have some crash dumps that may be of use. I'm surprising no-one else is having these problems as it's pretty consistent on my fresh Frodo install.

See attached. Thanks.

Fake edit: Can't attach so posted to my webspace. See here: http://maximumfish.com/misc/xbmc_crashlog.zip

Fish, I am also seeing some crashes on a fresh frodo RC3 i installed just to try the plugin on my laptop (my htpcs are still running eden).

I did not worry too much about it as I figured it was an XBMC bug.

(2013-01-20, 09:03)juggie Wrote: Fish, I am also seeing some crashes on a fresh frodo RC3 i installed just to try the plugin on my laptop (my htpcs are still running eden).

I did not worry too much about it as I figured it was an XBMC bug.

Can you tell me any more about this? I held out on installing Frodo for the longest time hoping that it would go final before the season started (I worked as a QA tester so don't get excited about beta testing anymore!) but had to bite the bullet and install on my main (and only) media PC in the end. I haven't seen the bug manifest elsewhere yet, but then I haven't really been using anything other than the Gamecenter plugin so far. That said, it's currently trawling my extensive library and rebuilding the database. Is this likely to be happening all the time? And/or is it caused by anything specific?

Thanks a lot.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - arqcan - 2013-01-20

i'm getting some crashes when i try to load up archived or condensed games 2012-2013, (i was trying to watch the avs game from last night)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - antst - 2013-01-20

I also have problem when I'm trying to access archive or condensed for 2012-2013. When I choose 2012-2013, popup with "Loading directory" appear and then it keep loading, counter goes to millions and it continues till there is no free RAM anymore and systems die Smile
With 2011-2012 it works as it should. Only 2013 is a problem. maybe because there is only one item in archive.xml so far for this season and there is some parsing bug which appears only when there is single item.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-01-20

I just updated the addon. Here's the changelog:

- Added 16:9 thumbnails
- Fixed archived and condensed games for season 2012/2013
- Fixed stream quality selection for live games

Please note that there are no games available for the 2012-2013 season in NHL Vault yet and that's why there are no condensed or archived games available in the addon yet. They should show up later today.

(2013-01-20, 15:20)antst Wrote: I also have problem when I'm trying to access archive or condensed for 2012-2013. When I choose 2012-2013, popup with "Loading directory" appear and then it keep loading, counter goes to millions and it continues till there is no free RAM anymore and systems die Smile
With 2011-2012 it works as it should. Only 2013 is a problem. maybe because there is only one item in archive.xml so far for this season and there is some parsing bug which appears only when there is single item.

Very good! That's was causing the crash. But the bug only appears when the season starts in January.

@All of you that had problems with buffering
I'm really sorry about that but there is not much I can do about that:
1. The servers were hammered yesterday. Even the official apps didn't work correctly.
2. XBMC is currently not able to switch the stream quality automatically something every official NHL Gamecenter app can do.
3. The number of video segments (the streams are cut in segments, each 10 seconds long, which are put back together by the playback device) XBMC loads in advance may be too low (I don't know if I can control this in the addon)

So it's a combination of slow servers, incomplete implementation of HLS in XBMC and my limited knowledge (the only thing I can improveSmile).

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - K's Logic - 2013-01-20

Hoping someone can help me with this, because I am baffled -

Watching VAN-ANA last night, and for the second half of the game, I had stream quality that was better than through my HDTV feed (in fact it was almost as if I was at the game!). I assumed this was due to the plugin, because I have never gotten this quality before streaming through the web. However, for the BUF-PHI feed today, it seems to be back to the normal, standard good quality feed; everything works well enough, but you can tell that you are watching through the computer rather than through the TV. I am not well-versed in this kind of stuff, but I assume it has to do with the FPS (the HDTV-like feed just looks MUCH smoother).

My question is - how can I get my feed to display a natural HDTV-like quality feed? Does anyone know why I would get this kind of feed for one game, but not for another game?

Much thanks to Carb0 for putting this together; hopefully someone can help me out!

Go to the plugin settings and set the "Video Quality (HTTP)" to "HD (3000 kbit/s)". That's the best quality available.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - K's Logic - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-20, 21:01)Carb0 Wrote: Go to the plugin settings and set the "Video Quality (HTTP)" to "HD (3000 kbit/s)". That's the best quality available.

Yeah, I leave it at 3,000 kbps but there is still a difference between last night and today. Would it have something to do with the NHL servers? I noticed in the Gamecenter FAQ that they now support 4,500 kbps, but you can't select it yet in the feed quality. Perhaps they are in the process of upgrading the quality, with some streams working better than others?

I read about the 4500 kbit/s streams too but I didn't see a stream that had that bitrate yet. 3000 kbit/s is the best available for the BUF-PHI feed.