Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - apok - 2013-10-13

I think there's a bug here in the XBMC code (the version i mentioned a few posts back). You should be able to pass an m3u8 file directly to DVDPlayer and have it use ffmpeg right away. It looks like it tries to start playback by cURL-ing the playlist, and then the first file (this code is not ffmpeg). Playback doesn't start because the file is encrypted - but if it did, ffmpeg would take care of the rest (refreshing the playlist) behind the hood like it used to. At least your code will work for all versions that support decryption.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - rileymd - 2013-10-13

Thanks for the fix Carb0. Just out of curiosity has anyone ever approached the NFL, NHL or NBA on having these types of add-ons officially supported or at least to establish some sort of working relationship so add-on developers like Carb0 can be made aware of changes and have the opportunity to fix add-ons before changes are made?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-10-13

I just updated to add-on:

- Fixed live games (thanks to Hyperium)

I wasn't able to test it on different platforms but it should work on every platform. I don't know how reliable the new method is but I was able to watch the first period of the game between Colorado and Washington without any issues yesterday.

(2013-10-13, 05:07)apok Wrote: I think there's a bug here in the XBMC code (the version i mentioned a few posts back). You should be able to pass an m3u8 file directly to DVDPlayer and have it use ffmpeg right away. It looks like it tries to start playback by cURL-ing the playlist, and then the first file (this code is not ffmpeg). Playback doesn't start because the file is encrypted - but if it did, ffmpeg would take care of the rest (refreshing the playlist) behind the hood like it used to. At least your code will work for all versions that support decryption.

It would be cool if you could write a fix for this. Contributing to XBMC code is way over the top of my head.

(2013-10-13, 09:58)rileymd Wrote: Thanks for the fix Carb0. Just out of curiosity has anyone ever approached the NFL, NHL or NBA on having these types of add-ons officially supported or at least to establish some sort of working relationship so add-on developers like Carb0 can be made aware of changes and have the opportunity to fix add-ons before changes are made?

No. Maybe there will be an official add-on some day but they will never establish some sort of working relationship with one of the developers. This add-on will always be a hack and can break any day.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - edge06 - 2013-10-13

Thank you for the fix! I will be trying it out tonight.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - BuddyRich - 2013-10-13

Im curious, what user-agent did you end up using? Android, ATV, iPad?

I think the ATV one would be best in case they ever restrict certain stream qualities to certain devices.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Rando - 2013-10-13

I updated this morning and am unable to play archived or condensed games. Haven't tried a live game yet, but will shortly.

I'm running on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc as the OS.

Happy to provide more details if any are needed. Will report back what I encounter when trying a live game.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-10-13

I looks like live games it don't work on Windows. I'll try to fix that.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - creche - 2013-10-13

Thanks Carb0, Condensed/Archive games work great. I'll wait till there is a game on to test live. OS X 10.9 w/ XBMC 13.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - danny2k - 2013-10-13

well one is starting right now

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Rando - 2013-10-13

Live games appear to be working on raspberry pi with raspbmc. Condensed and archived still not workong (obviously live is the priority).

Thanks for the quick fix Smile

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Jezze - 2013-10-13

Is it just me or anyone else have buffering problem? Buffering about every 10 seconds, ipad and xbmc with latest gamecenter addon.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Seismic Wave - 2013-10-13

Cheers Carb0!

My RPi running OpenElec is streaming the Coyotes/Canes game beautifully!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Swiper the Fox - 2013-10-13

works great once again in XBMCBUNTU
after using Roku for one day , you appreciate this add-on much more when
yeah, picture quality is about same as this, but .......... this add-on is much faster going through games/menus etc..

THANKS Carb0 and everyone else who contributed ideas to get this back up again

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - WeirdG - 2013-10-13

Running Win8 with Frodo. I also have the 0.5.5 addon installed. Condensed and Archived games work. Live games are still not working. Thanks for all the time and work you put into this add-on Carb0. It's much appreciated.

WG

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - danny2k - 2013-10-13

quick report from my end
Win 7 with Frodo archived games fine live not working