Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - hainer36 - 2013-10-18

This works for me, but I couldnt figure out how to save the custom AppleTV/2.4 user agent rule in fiddler. Is there a way to do that, so that I can just launch fiddler and proxifier on startup and then not have to open fiddler every time?

(2013-10-17, 07:26)avens19 Wrote:
(2013-10-17, 04:12)kabakaylen Wrote: Would like to confirm both games tonight are working on my pivos Linux xbmc machine.

However the feed select (home or away) is quite slow in loading. Something does appear to have changed, however as hyperium suggested there may just be issues on the neulion side (nothing new with issues on their streams)

The code is doing quite a bit of work, including 4 network calls, and 4 disk writes, prior to loading that dialog. This is normal. Hopefully the fix to XBMC will eliminate the need for any of those calls.

Anyone running Windows that now has version 0.5.5 and can't watch live games, here is the full workaround:

Download this file and replace the one in the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter directory:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdgntds58rljrja/gamecenter.py

Then, download Fiddler and Proxifier (Google both). Open Fiddler, click Rules -> User Agent -> Custom. Paste: AppleTV/2.4

Then open Proxifier. Click Profile -> Proxy Servers. Click Add and enter localhost for the host and port 8888. Select HTTP. Click OK.

Click Profile -> Proxification Rules. Click Add. Name it Fiddler. Click Browse under Application. Browse to Program Files (x86) -> Fiddler2 -> Fiddler.exe. Under Action, select Direct. Click OK.

That's it! Both programs have to be left open while you watch live games.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Huar - 2013-10-19

(2013-10-18, 01:29)hainer36 Wrote: This works for me, but I couldnt figure out how to save the custom AppleTV/2.4 user agent rule in fiddler. Is there a way to do that, so that I can just launch fiddler and proxifier on startup and then not have to open fiddler every time?

(2013-10-17, 07:26)avens19 Wrote:
(2013-10-17, 04:12)kabakaylen Wrote: Would like to confirm both games tonight are working on my pivos Linux xbmc machine.

However the feed select (home or away) is quite slow in loading. Something does appear to have changed, however as hyperium suggested there may just be issues on the neulion side (nothing new with issues on their streams)

The code is doing quite a bit of work, including 4 network calls, and 4 disk writes, prior to loading that dialog. This is normal. Hopefully the fix to XBMC will eliminate the need for any of those calls.

Anyone running Windows that now has version 0.5.5 and can't watch live games, here is the full workaround:

Download this file and replace the one in the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter directory:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdgntds58rljrja/gamecenter.py

Then, download Fiddler and Proxifier (Google both). Open Fiddler, click Rules -> User Agent -> Custom. Paste: AppleTV/2.4

Then open Proxifier. Click Profile -> Proxy Servers. Click Add and enter localhost for the host and port 8888. Select HTTP. Click OK.

Click Profile -> Proxification Rules. Click Add. Name it Fiddler. Click Browse under Application. Browse to Program Files (x86) -> Fiddler2 -> Fiddler.exe. Under Action, select Direct. Click OK.

That's it! Both programs have to be left open while you watch live games.

works fine until it freezes and disconnects after a few minutes. proxifier says this: XBMC.exe - nlds141.cdnak.neulion.com:80 error : A connection request was canceled before the completion.
tested it on two different win7 systems.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - apok - 2013-10-19

I had something else causing me grief - looks fine in Linux with a |User-Agent="..."

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - avens19 - 2013-10-22

I took a brief look at the XBMC source and making this fix looks to be beyond my skills, or at least beyond my patience to figure it all out

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - amd7674 - 2013-10-22

so does the current workaround still works or is it broken? I hate using browser to watch games... 4500kbs is so much nicer

BTW... Thanks Guys for all your hard work...

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - smadj - 2013-10-24

any news when the update will be done for live section for windows users??
Thank you

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - manichu - 2013-10-24

Addon doesn't work anymore under OSX 10.9. Mavericks. Neither does XBMC anymore. I tried one of the nightly builds of XBMC. I've managed to run XBMC but it says that addon is broken. I hope you guys will fix this once XBMC version that does work under Mavericks comes out.

Anyway thank you for all your work. I am really enjoying this.

Edit.

It works with this release of xbmc: https://db.tt/QoluDqDQ
You have to force refresh addon if it says is broke. There are some problems with mouse, but at least its working.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - amd7674 - 2013-10-24

the work around posted above still works. I've only watched few minutes here and there...
Does anyone know how to setup widecap instead of proxifier? I'm having problems with widecap on win8 box...

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - smadj - 2013-10-24

Still not working but only live section the most important

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - avens19 - 2013-10-25

(2013-10-24, 19:51)amd7674 Wrote: the work around posted above still works. I've only watched few minutes here and there...
Does anyone know how to setup widecap instead of proxifier? I'm having problems with widecap on win8 box...

I couldn't get widecap to work, I'm also on Win8

(2013-10-24, 22:52)smadj Wrote: Still not working but only live section the most important

Live should be working if you use the workaround listed above

Re: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Rando - 2013-10-25

I watch on a first gen raspberry pi (256mb ram) and experience some pretty bad stutter during some games. Not sure if its the feed or my device.

Are others seeing the same ever? Or does everyone else experience 'TV broadcast' quality?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - caribpapi - 2013-10-25

(2013-10-25, 00:52)Rando Wrote: I watch on a first gen raspberry pi (256mb ram) and experience some pretty bad stutter during some games. Not sure if its the feed or my device.

Are others seeing the same ever? Or does everyone else experience 'TV broadcast' quality?

I actually experience the same with your exact setup. My Pi is wired, but the games have terrible stuttering and also streams completely stop and I have to reload the game again. Sad

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - iLLNESS - 2013-10-25

what is the status for this plugin? i've scrolled back 10 pages or so reading what people are saying but its hard to decipher since people are just replying saying 'xx is working fine!'.

i see there are some proxy workarounds etc. some people saying condensed/archived works but not live, some saying nothing wrong, but no info on what they are using at the time.

im running a pivos xios on a clean install and added the repo and installed gamecenter. it crashes right away.

here is the log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=74695

i cant even list live/condensed/etc so i dont imagine im having the typical issue everyone else is?

as well, yesterday i tried a fresh install in raspbmc and had the same issue as with my xios. both units ive seen confirmed as working?

EDIT: seems my DNS was the issue. i disabled my dns forwarder and it now works. is there some sort of workaround for this? i use tunlr and it doesn't cause any issues on other non xbmc devices with official apps.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - smadj - 2013-10-25

Any idea if an update is in the near future?
Thank you

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - dazed - 2013-10-25

Thank you, Carb0, for giving an official status. (see below)
I made one up, as it seemed like there were lots of people posting without reading, refusing to look back the few pages to answer their questions.