Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2014-01-25

Changing the user agent string doesn't seem to work. The vlc stuff doesn't work either. I think neulion changed more than just the list of accepted user agents.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - MetalChris - 2014-01-25

(2014-01-25, 22:52)Carb0 Wrote: Changing the user agent string doesn't seem to work. The vlc stuff doesn't work either. I think neulion changed more than just the list of accepted user agents.

I have been able to get this working again, completely by accident. Not sure exactly what fixed it, but here's what I did:

I have the gamecenter plugin on two systems, one is a linux box, the other is a Raspberry PI. I was actually trying to get the games to work on my linux box in VLC from the reddit link that was posted a day or so ago. I was able to get the video working, but the audio would crap out after a second or two. I finally gave up, and just for the hell of it, I decided to see if the gamecenter plugin on my linux box would work. I haven't used XBMC on it since I got my Pi last summer, and the gamecenter plugin hasn't been updated since then either. Anyway, I fired it up, and it worked right off the bat!

I figured it must be some of the older files that kept it working so I started comparing files between the two. I'm not really much good at coding, I can do a little hacking on stuff and I've done a lot of html and php but nothing with python, and what was on both machines looked pretty much identical to me. So I figured I'd just start swapping files and see what happened. I copied the older gamecenter.py file to the Pi. Nothing. I had noticed when watching on the linux box, the 'now playing' info displayed was different from what was displayed on the Pi when it was working (it actually shows the team names), so I copied the older m3u8 folder to the Pi. Still nothing. Then I started thinking about what I had to do to get the streams to work in VLC and remembered that at one point I had to add an IP address to the hosts file on the linux box. I dug up the hosts file on the Pi, added the address (192.241.136.149 nlsk.neulion.com), and the gamecenter plugin was working again!

I'm not sure if it was just adding the address to the hosts file that did the trick, or if it was a combination of things that made it happen, but I was able to watch the third period and overtime of the Islanders game this afternoon. I did get kicked out of the game a couple of times, but I'm not sure if that was the NHL fighting back or just random internet issues. Unfortunately, there are no other games on until tonight so I can't do any further testing until then.

Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel after all...

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - pett - 2014-01-26

Nice job! Hopefully this pans out for the rest of us.
Could you provide more details to exactly where you inserted this ip address?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2014-01-26

Interesting. Unfortunately, there is no live game at the moment.

@pett

On a Mac you would enter the following command in a terminal window:
sudo nano /etc/hosts

Then you can add this line at the end of the file:
192.241.136.149 nlsk.neulion.com

Press Ctrl+X, then Y and then Enter to save the hosts file.

On Linux this should be very similar. On windows you find the hosts file in %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\. Open it in notepad as an administrator and add the line above.

You don't have to do it at the moment since we're not sure if this really fixes the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - MetalChris - 2014-01-26

(2014-01-26, 00:41)pett Wrote: Nice job! Hopefully this pans out for the rest of us.
Could you provide more details to exactly where you inserted this ip address?

Thanks, but let's wait and see how well this works tonight, and how long it lasts before we do any congratulating or celebrating. I really just sort of stumbled onto this anyway lol, and that would have never happened if Carb0 hadn't created this great plugin in the first place.

First thing you'll have to do is find the hosts file on your computer.

In linux it can be found in the /etc folder off the root filesystem.
In WindowsXP (and probably later versions) it's in C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\
In Mac OS X it's in /private/etc/

Go here for more info on the hosts file and locations in various OS flavors.

This is what the hosts file for my Raspberry Pi looks like:

Code:
127.0.0.1    localhost openelec
192.241.136.149 nlsk.neulion.com

# hosts.conf

# This configuration file allows you to manually map hostnames to
# IP addresses

# Format:  <ipaddress> <hostname1> <hostname2>
# Example: 192.168.0.3 openelec openelec.mynetwork

I just added the second line. The file looks similar in linux and windoze, I haven't looked at it in OS X, but it probably looks similar.

Good luck if you want to try it. Copies of the old files I used can be found here. Although I'd recommend just modifying the hosts file first before replacing any files and see if that works. And as always, if you do modify or replace any files, make backups of the originals first!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2014-01-26

It works!Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Swiper the Fox - 2014-01-26

not sure how to modify hosts in xbmcbuntu. trying in putty but its not working. anyone have step by step instructions on how to modify /etc/hosts
I have putty / winscp and I can do it right on the machine using ctrl + alt + F1 but can't figure out how to modify /edit it
thx

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - PV_XBMC - 2014-01-26

Yes, it works!!!

(2014-01-26, 02:05)Swiper the Fox Wrote: not sure how to modify hosts in xbmcbuntu. trying in putty but its not working. anyone have step by step instructions on how to modify /etc/hosts
I have putty / winscp and I can do it right on the machine using ctrl + alt + F1 but can't figure out how to modify /edit it
thx

You can copy hosts file thru XBMC File Manager to some Network place, change it in some Windows editor and copy file back.

PS: Hidden files must be enabled in Settings\Appearance\File Lists\Show hidden files and directories

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - avens19 - 2014-01-26

Confirmed working. Nice find MetalChris

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - PV_XBMC - 2014-01-26

It is working, but it stops every 5 - 10 minutes and it returns to XBMC menu with live matches...

It is probably problem that MetalChris already have desribed.

Do you have same problem?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - genesirius - 2014-01-26

(2014-01-25, 23:49)MetalChris Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 22:52)Carb0 Wrote: Changing the user agent string doesn't seem to work. The vlc stuff doesn't work either. I think neulion changed more than just the list of accepted user agents.

I have been able to get this working again, completely by accident. Not sure exactly what fixed it, but here's what I did:

I have the gamecenter plugin on two systems, one is a linux box, the other is a Raspberry PI. I was actually trying to get the games to work on my linux box in VLC from the reddit link that was posted a day or so ago. I was able to get the video working, but the audio would crap out after a second or two. I finally gave up, and just for the hell of it, I decided to see if the gamecenter plugin on my linux box would work. I haven't used XBMC on it since I got my Pi last summer, and the gamecenter plugin hasn't been updated since then either. Anyway, I fired it up, and it worked right off the bat!

I figured it must be some of the older files that kept it working so I started comparing files between the two. I'm not really much good at coding, I can do a little hacking on stuff and I've done a lot of html and php but nothing with python, and what was on both machines looked pretty much identical to me. So I figured I'd just start swapping files and see what happened. I copied the older gamecenter.py file to the Pi. Nothing. I had noticed when watching on the linux box, the 'now playing' info displayed was different from what was displayed on the Pi when it was working (it actually shows the team names), so I copied the older m3u8 folder to the Pi. Still nothing. Then I started thinking about what I had to do to get the streams to work in VLC and remembered that at one point I had to add an IP address to the hosts file on the linux box. I dug up the hosts file on the Pi, added the address (192.241.136.149 nlsk.neulion.com), and the gamecenter plugin was working again!

I'm not sure if it was just adding the address to the hosts file that did the trick, or if it was a combination of things that made it happen, but I was able to watch the third period and overtime of the Islanders game this afternoon. I did get kicked out of the game a couple of times, but I'm not sure if that was the NHL fighting back or just random internet issues. Unfortunately, there are no other games on until tonight so I can't do any further testing until then.

Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel after all...

you are the man, it wortks, at least on os x !!! Nod

p.s. also disabled the ip in the firewall to be sure it is rejected

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - MetalChris - 2014-01-26

Glad it's working for some of you. Was it just editing the hosts file that made it work, or was it necessary to replace the gamecenter.py and m3u8 folders as well? I'm getting kicked out of games every 5 minutes or so on both my linux box and my Pi. Might try and see what happens on my hackintosh.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - genesirius - 2014-01-26

(2014-01-26, 02:51)MetalChris Wrote: Glad it's working for some of you. Was it just editing the hosts file that made it work, or was it necessary to replace the gamecenter.py and m3u8 folders as well? I'm getting kicked out of games every 5 minutes or so on both my linux box and my Pi. Might try and see what happens on my hackintosh.

on hackintosh no probs at all , just added the ip in the hosts, rebooted machine, downloaded the last nightly build of xbmc, added the ip to little snitch to get sure it won't connect, started the washington game - works like a charm

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - jayman13 - 2014-01-26

I get kicked out every 5 min or so as well...

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Swiper the Fox - 2014-01-26

I just finally managed to get hosts file modified
lol
I am so NOT a Linux guru.
finally figured it out via nano command how to do it and save it etc..
I have so had had 1 picture freeze up.
trying again to see how long it stays up.....

Code:
IN XBMCBUNTU
ctrl+alt+f1 to get into terminal
login
sudo nano /etc/hosts
modify the file as noted
once completed hit ctrl+O   then enter then ctrl + X to exit
ctrl+alt+f7 to go back to xbmcbuntu
start game
should be working now

approx. 6 mins later.......game booted