Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - falafael - 2014-10-02

well, i watched the bruins play NYI yesterday, in superb quality in a replay addon other day..

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - robla - 2014-10-02

(2014-10-02, 18:54)eracknaphobia Wrote: I checked out gamecenter live today, seems all pre-season games are available to watch using a browser.

robla is correct about the backdoor to view games on a mobile device. Just go Teams > "Any team" > Schedule and the games will be displayed.

right, just saw it.. at least since today (could even be since yesterday) preseason games (not all) are available on the gamecenter.nhl.com site by browser..

Quote:well, i watched the bruins play NYI yesterday, in superb quality in a replay addon other day..

have fun with your replays .. you will have no luck on live games :-)
at least live games are encrypted, there's hoping they encrypt archived games for the new season, too :-)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - falafael - 2014-10-02

without going into it, i get ALL the live games thank you, just the times are a killer in the UK!!

Re: RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - rbrohman - 2014-10-02

Link? I've tried a bunch of streaming sites and they've all been crap compared to my NFL game pass, MLB.TV and NHL Game center subscriptions.

Quality was always much worse, and buffering killed it.
(2014-10-02, 20:46)falafael Wrote: without going into it, i get ALL the live games thank you, just the times are a killer in the UK!!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - robla - 2014-10-03

(2014-10-02, 20:46)falafael Wrote: without going into it, i get ALL the live games thank you, just the times are a killer in the UK!!

you know that this illegal (even in the UK)? I doubt you will get perfect 4500 kbps 720p 60fps video streams :-)
You are really cheap if you have to get into this unreliable illegal stuff to save 100 USD in 9 months.

A mod should read your posts as promoting illegal activities and ban you.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sdsnyr94 - 2014-10-03

I really hope Carb0 or another dev can keep this Add-On afloat.

I just signed up with GCL for the first time... usually I would just use Center Ice with DirecTV, but since I have moved my only option is Time Warner and I had a bad experience in the past with the quality of their video feeds.

I Installed the Add-On on Openelec (by the way, does not seem to work with Helix Alphas so I rolled back to Gotham) and started up an archive game. The video feed looked very 'Internetty' for a lack of better words.. similar to how MLB.TV looks with MLBMC at times. I double checked the settings, and they were set to 'Best' and I have a 30MB cable connection... but I was only getting 30 FPS. I changed the quality from 'Best' to '4500'... and Hot Damn, this picture may be as good as I was seeing with DirecTV and Center Ice.

I only watched about half of one of the Outdoor games from last year and had it buffer once... for the users who used it last season, was buffering a major issue at all?

Also, does anyone have a Roku that they have used GCL on? How was the quality in comparison? If this addon is not maintained, and Live feeds do not work/break, I will need a fall back device and do not do any console gaming.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - eracknaphobia - 2014-10-03

This add-on is by far the best way to experience NHL Gamecenter in my opinion. Roku has very good streaming quality but the menu's are too slow which makes hoping between games almost painful. PS3 is a last resort for me, constant buffering / quality dip.

I'm not calling this app broken just yet, if I remember correctly it was based on the Boxee Box GCL app, so even if preseason games are available through the browser or mobile apps it doesn't mean that this addon won't just spring to life once they roll out the new season to all the other devices. I base this off the fact that the PS3 won't let you view any games past April 2014 currently.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sdsnyr94 - 2014-10-03

eracknaphobia - Thanks for the info... at least I know I can run and get a Roku and get good quality if this app does not function (which I am not calling broken yet either).

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - falafael - 2014-10-03

(2014-10-03, 08:20)robla Wrote:

you know that this illegal (even in the UK)? I doubt you will get perfect 4500 kbps 720p 60fps video streams :-)
You are really cheap if you have to get into this unreliable illegal stuff to save 100 USD in 9 months.

A mod should read your posts as promoting illegal activities and ban you.

1 - i did not post any links, nor did i mention any either.
2 - i have a 2 metre Satellite dish in my garden.
3 - As for cheap....yeah right!

There are other things to watch besides XBMC....have fun watching your blank screen!!

(2014-10-03, 16:13)eracknaphobia Wrote: This add-on is by far the best way to experience NHL Gamecenter in my opinion. Roku has very good streaming quality but the menu's are too slow which makes hoping between games almost painful. PS3 is a last resort for me, constant buffering / quality dip.

I'm not calling this app broken just yet, if I remember correctly it was based on the Boxee Box GCL app, so even if preseason games are available through the browser or mobile apps it doesn't mean that this addon won't just spring to life once they roll out the new season to all the other devices. I base this off the fact that the PS3 won't let you view any games past April 2014 currently.

Hope it comes back too!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - alkizmo - 2014-10-04

It seems like the add-on is broken for me too.

It is very sad because it was the only way for me to get a smooth 60fps stream. I don't have an Xbox or PS3/4 or iPad on which to connect my TV.

The web browser stream has the low fps issue along with that annoying black border that doesn't go away even in pop up mode.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2014-10-04

The add-on isn't broken (yet). Preseason games didn't work last year either. But don't count on this add-on if live games are important to you. It's always good idea to have a backup device that can play the live streams if this add-on should break. This is and always will be a hack.

I intend to release a new version of the add-on after the season has begun. It fixes some errors that eracknaphobia has brought to my attention and it will include an option to show the final scores of the games.

Furthermore, I don't accept donations. I don't want to feel obliged to work on this add-on and since I can't promise that this add-on (especially live games) continues to work during the season, it wouldn't be fair to you.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sdsnyr94 - 2014-10-04

Thanks for all your work, Carb0... glad to see that you will still be working on the add-on.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - genesirius - 2014-10-05

(2014-10-04, 22:59)Carb0 Wrote: The add-on isn't broken (yet). Preseason games didn't work last year either. But don't count on this add-on if live games are important to you. It's always good idea to have a backup device that can play the live streams if this add-on should break. This is and always will be a hack.

I intend to release a new version of the add-on after the season has begun. It fixes some errors that eracknaphobia has brought to my attention and it will include an option to show the final scores of the games.

Furthermore, I don't accept donations. I don't want to feel obliged to work on this add-on and since I can't promise that this add-on (especially live games) continues to work during the season, it wouldn't be fair to you.

i really appreciate it !

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - OddyOh - 2014-10-06

Thanks for the update Carb0...this is my favourite add-on. Best of luck, I appreciate your effort!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - [brick] - 2014-10-06

(2014-10-06, 12:48)OddyOh Wrote: Thanks for the update Carb0...this is my favourite add-on. Best of luck, I appreciate your effort!

Same here.