Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - [brick] - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 19:40)Carb0 Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 19:34)[brick] Wrote: Getting a script error here:

13:30:16 T:1452 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:30:16 T:6320 ERROR: Control 50 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
13:30:16 T:1452 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: name 'os' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\brick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\default.py", line 6, in <module>
from resources.lib.userinterface import *
File "C:\Users\brick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\userinterface.py", line 10, in <module>
from resources.lib.games_live import *
File "C:\Users\brick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\games_live.py", line 11, in <module>
from resources.lib.globals import *
File "C:\Users\brick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\globals.py", line 46, in <module>
ICON = os.path.join(ROOTDIR, "icon.png")
NameError: name 'os' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--
13:30:16 T:6320 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/
13:30:16 T:6320 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/) failed
13:30:16 T:3976 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Disable "Use Addon Icon If no Thumbnail is available" in the settings.

Yep, that fixed it. Bruiins and Avs coming through nicely now. Thanks and doublethanks. Over the 4 minute mark and looking good.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 19:40)SparkGFX Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 19:34)Carb0 Wrote: It's blacked out in the add-on?

Not sure, haven't tried yet. I am at work and was going to put the game on while I was working on the computer through the actual GameCenter LIVE website. But due to my location it says it is blacked out. So didn't know if it was worth it to go out to the car and get my tablet and start updating things. But if there are no blackout restrictions I will go out there and get my tablet Big Grin

I don't know if there are blackout restrictions. Probably not. At least I didn't add anything. You have to try it yourself.

(2014-10-13, 19:35)_Ac_ Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 19:10)SparkGFX Wrote: _AC_ - Try right clicking on the add-on icon, select Add-On Information and then it should bring you to the correct screen.

Thanks, didn't work with the remote only obviously ^^

I have twice the home feed though but otherwise its great again

Noticed the home feed bug aswell. Sorry about that.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sdsnyr94 - 2014-10-13

Carb0 - Testing from work and I am getting this error when I have "Generate Thumbnails on next Start" selected:

NOTICE: Downloading logos...
13:51:42 T:1184 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: global name 'RADDON_PATH_PROFILE' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\ssmith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\default.py", line 24, in <module>
CATEGORIES()
File "C:\Users\ssmith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\userinterface.py", line 50, in CATEGORIES
updateThumbs()
File "C:\Users\ssmith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\common.py", line 104, in updateThumbs
createThumbnails(ADDON_PATH,ADDON_PATH_PROFILE,THUMBFORMAT,BACKGROUND)
File "C:\Users\ssmith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\thumbnailgenerator.py", line 83, in createThumbnails
os.makedirs(os.path.join(RADDON_PATH_PROFILE, "images/logos/"))
NameError: global name 'RADDON_PATH_PROFILE' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--
13:51:42 T:2348 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/
13:51:42 T:2348 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/) failed
13:51:42 T:7648 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Windows 7 - 64 bit/ Kodi Alpha 4

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - rbrohman - 2014-10-13

Not sure, haven't tried yet. I am at work and was going to put the game on while I was working on the computer through the actual GameCenter LIVE website. But due to my location it says it is blacked out. So didn't know if it was worth it to go out to the car and get my tablet and start updating things. But if there are no blackout restrictions I will go out there and get my tablet Big Grin

If you're blacked out in the website, you'll be blacked out in the addon here as well.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - SparkGFX - 2014-10-13

Ahhhh shitty! Thanks for the heads up rbrohman.

(2014-10-13, 19:59)rbrohman Wrote:

If you're blacked out in the website, you'll be blacked out in the addon here as well.

Did you test it? Last season there were no blackout restrictions in the add-on.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - jayace - 2014-10-13

Can't get my Apple TV's or HTPC to find the update. My Nexus 5 updated automatically.

- Fixed away feeds
- Fixed thumbnail related errors

When I try on my tablet I get in and get to the Live Games I click on Colorado vs. Boston and it says working and then nothing loads. I am guessing because it is either blacked out or something isn't functioning right

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - juggie - 2014-10-13

Someone will need to confirm if the method Carb0 is using to pull the live feeds is not returning feeds it decides are 'blacked out'. That would be new if that is the case, but if true, I have a work around. They could easily block it by though by stopping the keys from being delivered for blacked out games (not to give them any ideas).

I can confirm, blacked out games will not work. They will not show the "LIVE" text beside the game. The Ducks vs Sabres game has the "LIVE" text beside it and it loaded fine at 4500.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - rbrohman - 2014-10-13

Mt opinion is that the addon should not make any attempt to circumvent the blackout restrictions.

Its just sucks whe you drop $160 on a subscription to watch your team and if youhave a good team you like to watch, then about 20-25 games are blacked out, which I think is bullshit.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - jayace - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 20:47)SparkGFX Wrote: Its just sucks whe you drop $160 on a subscription to watch your team and if youhave a good team you like to watch, then about 20-25 games are blacked out, which I think is bullshit.
I agree.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - juggie - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 20:47)SparkGFX Wrote: Its just sucks whe you drop $160 on a subscription to watch your team and if youhave a good team you like to watch, then about 20-25 games are blacked out, which I think is bullshit.

You may also find some games on the NBC sports addon which was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Edit #2:
Neither game is national this afternoon it doesn't look like. I'm not seeing any blackouts.

Carb0, are you going to add the new 5000kb/s bitrate? (Not that there is going to be a huge difference)

Edit #3:
I started working on a python NHL/NHLGC API. We'll see if I get anywhere useful with it. As well, if you have a VPN you can avoid blockouts in that way. Unblock.us or a similar service might work but I don't believe that has ever been tested.