Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - bobb0 - 2014-10-17

@iLLNESS I was getting a script error trying to drill down into the Ottawa/Colorado game. Reboot fixed it. Odd, really.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - chester77 - 2014-10-17

I can only get Dallas vs Pitt and Colorado vs Ottawa to work. The other games do not allow me to drill down.

Anyone else having this issue? The games appear to be "blocked" based on the xbmc log.

I'm .trying to watch the Islanders/Sharks

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - bobb0 - 2014-10-17

chester77, check that the games you want aren't blacked out on the gcl website. I don't think this add-on lets you get around blackout rules without additional tools (ie unodns or unblockus)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - jayace - 2014-10-17

(2014-10-17, 02:18)chester77 Wrote: I can only get Dallas vs Pitt and Colorado vs Ottawa to work. The other games do not allow me to drill down.

Anyone else having this issue? The games appear to be "blocked" based on the xbmc log.

I'm .trying to watch the Islanders/Sharks
I'm watching sharks isles and I'm in Calgary.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - hitman19 - 2014-10-17

(2014-10-17, 01:21)[brick] Wrote:
(2014-10-17, 01:17)hitman19 Wrote: Is anyone else getting a script error tonight, even after doing the credential trick? I hear other devices are having trouble with GCL tonight, so I wonder if the servers themselves are having an issue.

I am watching SJ v NYI no problems. But based on last night's experience, I suspect some stream paths don't get populated until slightly after start time.

I don't even get the game list, I get a script error as soon as I try to open the app. I've reinstalled, rebooted a few times, removed and re-added my login creds, it still fails right away. I even tried modding the userinterface.py file per Carb0, and still get an error. It was working the past few nights, so I'm not sure what's changed that's causing it to fail now.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - zonkee - 2014-10-17

(2014-10-17, 02:29)hitman19 Wrote:
(2014-10-17, 01:17)hitman19 Wrote: Is anyone else getting a script error tonight, even after doing the credential trick? I hear other devices are having trouble with GCL tonight, so I wonder if the servers themselves are having an issue.

I am watching SJ v NYI no problems. But based on last night's experience, I suspect some stream paths don't get populated until slightly after start time.

I don't even get the game list, I get a script error as soon as I try to open the app. I've reinstalled, rebooted a few times, removed and re-added my login creds, it still fails right away. I even tried modding the userinterface.py file per Carb0, and still get an error. It was working the past few nights, so I'm not sure what's changed that's causing it to fail now.

I just registered because the same thing happened to me literally a couple of minutes ago: For some reason "Use Rogers Login" or whatever the option is called exactly under your login credentials in the addon settings was activated. Took me a bit to see that, too. Now I use the userinterface.py fix and disabled this option, so far everything looks good!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - rbrohman - 2014-10-17

Habs bruins game in 5000kb working beauty for me here. That's great news regarding the full season free from Rogers. Now my only problem is picking between nhl, NFL and mlb tonight.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - stuspick - 2014-10-17

Thanks Carb0! Habs Bruins game looks great!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - comfox1 - 2014-10-17

(2014-10-14, 05:24)comfox1 Wrote:
(2014-10-14, 01:48)comfox1 Wrote: Unfortunately for me it just says 'Check your login credentials' and doesn't load.

I have tried both of valid account credentials, Rogers and NHL, and neither are working. They work fine on the PS4 app and the website.

I have done a little troubleshooting on my issue and I am posting these results for Carb0 to ponder over.

If I run the most current version, 0.7.1, unedited I get an the error 'Check your login credentials' which is being thrown from line 72 in userinterface.py.

Code:
dialog.ok('Login failed', 'Check your login credentials')

I have verified that my credentials ARE correct.
I have also verified that I get a cookie in C:\Users\Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\cookies.lwp

My cookie contents are: I have removed the JSESSIONID incase NHL is logging them, though I doubt it or they would fill up a crap ton of space in doing so

Code:
#LWP-Cookies-2.0
Set-Cookie3: JSESSIONID="XXXXXXXXXXX"; path="/nhlgc"; domain="gamecenter.nhl.com"; path_spec; discard; version=0

Now if I remove
Code:
(USERNAME in open(os.path.join(ADDON_PATH_PROFILE, 'cookies.lwp')).read())
from line 58 in userinterface.py the addon will work and I am presented with the main menu

Live Games
Latest Games
Game Highlights
Condensed Games
Archived Games

If I go in to the Live Games menu I am presented with tonight's games

Col VS Bos
Ana VS Buf
Ott VS Flo
Mon VS Tam

If I go further and try to play a live stream it works. I don't know what any of this means but I am hoping it helps Carb0

P.S.It is 11:20p ET now though so no games should be streaming however if I go to the Montreal vs. Tampa game and choose the Away feed I see the game broadcasting form what seems like the start...perhaps they are just rebroadcasting?

So it wasn't working tonight so I went back to stock code and I am still getting the error 'Check your login credentials'. Anyone else getting this error?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - comfox1 - 2014-10-17

(2014-10-17, 03:22)comfox1 Wrote:
(2014-10-14, 05:24)comfox1 Wrote:
(2014-10-14, 01:48)comfox1 Wrote: Unfortunately for me it just says 'Check your login credentials' and doesn't load.

I have tried both of valid account credentials, Rogers and NHL, and neither are working. They work fine on the PS4 app and the website.

I have done a little troubleshooting on my issue and I am posting these results for Carb0 to ponder over.

If I run the most current version, 0.7.1, unedited I get an the error 'Check your login credentials' which is being thrown from line 72 in userinterface.py.

Code:
dialog.ok('Login failed', 'Check your login credentials')

I have verified that my credentials ARE correct.
I have also verified that I get a cookie in C:\Users\Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\cookies.lwp

My cookie contents are: I have removed the JSESSIONID incase NHL is logging them, though I doubt it or they would fill up a crap ton of space in doing so

Code:
#LWP-Cookies-2.0
Set-Cookie3: JSESSIONID="XXXXXXXXXXX"; path="/nhlgc"; domain="gamecenter.nhl.com"; path_spec; discard; version=0

Now if I remove
Code:
(USERNAME in open(os.path.join(ADDON_PATH_PROFILE, 'cookies.lwp')).read())
from line 58 in userinterface.py the addon will work and I am presented with the main menu

Live Games
Latest Games
Game Highlights
Condensed Games
Archived Games

If I go in to the Live Games menu I am presented with tonight's games

Col VS Bos
Ana VS Buf
Ott VS Flo
Mon VS Tam

If I go further and try to play a live stream it works. I don't know what any of this means but I am hoping it helps Carb0

P.S.It is 11:20p ET now though so no games should be streaming however if I go to the Montreal vs. Tampa game and choose the Away feed I see the game broadcasting form what seems like the start...perhaps they are just rebroadcasting?

So it wasn't working tonight so I went back to stock code and I am still getting the error 'Check your login credentials'. Anyone else getting this error?

Ok I got it to work, I had to remove the line of code on line 69 of userinterface.py, the one that deletes the cookie, then I had to open the cookie and I manually added "username=xxxxxx" to the JSESSION cookie and then reran the app and it worked.

Would love to get some folks thoughts on why this doesn't work for me. What is special about my cookie that causes it to come back and have the add-on validation at line 59 fail. Carb0 any thoughts?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - ellisd - 2014-10-17

I was wondering what would happen if you just set a cron job to delete the cookies.wrp file each night for example? Consequences?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - chester77 - 2014-10-17

(2014-10-17, 02:20)bobb0 Wrote: chester77, check that the games you want aren't blacked out on the gcl website. I don't think this add-on lets you get around blackout rules without additional tools (ie unodns or unblockus)

I have unblockus. I eventually got the game to play on 2 of the 6 devices I tried.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - hitman19 - 2014-10-17

(2014-10-17, 02:29)hitman19 Wrote:

It just started working for me again, I didn't change a thing. So confused. I'm going to blame it on the NHL servers.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - [brick] - 2014-10-17

Watching STL@LAK now, still no problems. Win 7 and Gotham 13.2.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - TB123 - 2014-10-17

(2014-10-15, 06:14)TB123 Wrote:
(2014-10-14, 05:31)TB123 Wrote: I'm also trying to mod this Addon to play those French feeds. I'm learning python & XBMC while coding this mod.

You could backup then copy/replace the following 2 files over the carb0s version 7.0.1 to try my mod.

1) copy default.py to XMBC/addons/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter

2) copy strings.xml to XMBC/addons/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/resources/language/English

To reverse back to the original version, just copy back the 2 files you backup.

This mod support French feeds as well as option to show scores. Some of the way I getting data from NHL is different from the original version. It might work or not work compare to the original version.

To Carb0, it would be great if you could see my mod and support French feeds in your version. Thanks.

Fixed the Live game session cookie expired problem. Basically, when the session is expired, GCL will return HTTP 401 and the add on has to try login again.

XMBC_NHLGameCenter_Mod_7.0.1c.zip

One more fixed for playing those archive French Montreal games playing at home.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118853&pid=1817191#pid1817191