Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - juggie - 2014-10-18

(2014-10-18, 17:39)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 14:13)rbrohman Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 05:26)binder420 Wrote: whre can i get the repo for this addon. i can't get the link for download
Repo download link is at bottom of first post in this thread.

Edit: sorry, looked again and don't see it there anymore...

Maybe he's moving it to GitHub?

He had said he was planning to move to git which would make it much easier for people to submit fixes, etc. So perhaps that is what is going on. Once its on git I'll definitely have a few things to contribute.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2014-10-18

I had to remove the repository because I have been notified by Google that it allegedly infringes upon the copyrights of others.

To be honest my motivation to continue the development of this add-on was low to begin with and this is kind of a killing blow. It doesn't really matter if the request was justified or not. I don't want to invest more time into this. This also means that I won't create a GitHub repository.

I'm sorry that I have to let everyone down. There are a lot of talented people here in this thread that are more than capable to develop a better add-on.

Thank you for your understanding.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - bobb0 - 2014-10-18

Sorry to hear that, Carb0. Thank you for all your hard work.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - malelan - 2014-10-18

wow, thats pretty unfortunate (a week into hockey season). would it be possible to get a copy of the most recent code so someone else can continue to the project? i'm sure it could get posted on pastebin from an anonymous source.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - jayace - 2014-10-18

Sorry to hear that as well Carb0, this has been an excellent add on for us hockey fans so thanks for all the work you've done on it.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - ellisd - 2014-10-18

Do XBMC plugins get compiled before they are installed? I'm sure we could just take what we have in the plugin folder on your system and work from that couldn't we?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Tomatolita - 2014-10-19

(2014-10-17, 06:52)TB123 Wrote:
(2014-10-15, 06:14)TB123 Wrote:
(2014-10-14, 05:31)TB123 Wrote: I'm also trying to mod this Addon to play those French feeds. I'm learning python & XBMC while coding this mod.

You could backup then copy/replace the following 2 files over the carb0s version 7.0.1 to try my mod.

1) copy default.py to XMBC/addons/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter

2) copy strings.xml to XMBC/addons/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/resources/language/English

To reverse back to the original version, just copy back the 2 files you backup.

This mod support French feeds as well as option to show scores. Some of the way I getting data from NHL is different from the original version. It might work or not work compare to the original version.

To Carb0, it would be great if you could see my mod and support French feeds in your version. Thanks.

Fixed the Live game session cookie expired problem. Basically, when the session is expired, GCL will return HTTP 401 and the add on has to try login again.

XMBC_NHLGameCenter_Mod_7.0.1c.zip

One more fixed for playing those archive French Montreal games playing at home.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=28906245208408046680

Can't get past script errors on this no matter what I try. Works fine when the attached files aren't replaced in the 0.7.1 add-on. Any ideas? It's bad enough watching the English coverage, Strombo makes me throw up in my mouth a bit haha! GO Habs GO

Re: RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - bobb0 - 2014-10-19

(2014-10-18, 23:33)ellisd Wrote: Do XBMC plugins get compiled before they are installed? I'm sure we could just take what we have in the plugin folder on your system and work from that couldn't we?
Absolutely... If you have v0.7.1 then you have the code. Anyone can make a new repo on Github and go from there. I'd put it in my repo but its hosted on Google code too. Guess it's time to migrate over...

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - malelan - 2014-10-19

can someone link a zip of 0.7.1 ?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - bobb0 - 2014-10-19

Here you go. plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter-0.7.1.zip

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - MetalChris - 2014-10-19

Thanks for all of your hard work Carb0! You've made the last couple of hockey seasons more enjoyable for many people. Best of luck in the future!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - malelan - 2014-10-19

thanks man, much appreciated, i somehow managed to purchase gamecenter live during what would be a ~12 hour gap from where i read this thread, and saw the repository to when it was taken down.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - MetalChris - 2014-10-19

(2014-10-16, 03:50)canucks Wrote: are there anyone interested in my version of the addon? see here for screenshot http://imgur.com/a/KCEsl

features:
* live games
* live score updates
* archive games (for current season only) - can add support for previous season but i am not compelled to do it, just cause i never watch it. with the UI i have, it's a bit of a pain to make a season selector as i suck with xbmc skinning.
* free game preview and post game recap video from NHL
* alternate camera angles and other cam (this is a to be added item)

it's not quite feature complete as carb0's version. it is something that i wrote for my own use and amusement. I look at carb0's version and it is a bit of work to incorporate my stuff into his addon. mainly of the way i retrieve the game schedule and parsing it. i use the json version (free access).

i'll take a closer look at carb0's code and see how i can add my stuff to his already great addon. there's no point in having 2 versions.

Ok canucks, with Carb0 ending development of his addon, looks like the puck is now on your ice! Where can I download?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - bobb0 - 2014-10-19

FYi folks.. if you can't get past the game selection screen (script error) and the log has an "unauthorized" error. Do this:

1. exit the plugin
2. go to {your xbmc data folder}/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter
3. delete cookies.lwp (i deleted everything but settings.xml)

that will force a refreshed login.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - canucks - 2014-10-19

(2014-10-19, 01:38)MetalChris Wrote:
(2014-10-16, 03:50)canucks Wrote: are there anyone interested in my version of the addon? see here for screenshot http://imgur.com/a/KCEsl

features:
* live games
* live score updates
* archive games (for current season only) - can add support for previous season but i am not compelled to do it, just cause i never watch it. with the UI i have, it's a bit of a pain to make a season selector as i suck with xbmc skinning.
* free game preview and post game recap video from NHL
* alternate camera angles and other cam (this is a to be added item)

it's not quite feature complete as carb0's version. it is something that i wrote for my own use and amusement. I look at carb0's version and it is a bit of work to incorporate my stuff into his addon. mainly of the way i retrieve the game schedule and parsing it. i use the json version (free access).

i'll take a closer look at carb0's code and see how i can add my stuff to his already great addon. there's no point in having 2 versions.

Ok canucks, with Carb0 ending development of his addon, looks like the puck is now on your ice! Where can I download?
I have a few things to clean up and I will put it on github or just as a zip file on some anon file sharing site. also, I don't have much time to dedicate to this...so, feel free to contribute to it when it's available.