Kodi Community Forum
Windows Eden crashes on 'skip' - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: Windows Eden crashes on 'skip' (/showthread.php?tid=119503)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Windows Eden crashes on 'skip' - Pandobear - 2012-01-10

When playing local content (H264) in Eden and using the right arrow key to skip ahead three or four times the XBMC software crashes with a 'stopped responding' error. This does not happen if I revert to Dhama. I am using the PVR version of both, however this is the same for any version of Eden that I have tried. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

- jhsrennie - 2012-01-11

That doesn't happen here (watching Toy Story 3). Can you pop a debug log on pastebin.com.

JR

- Pandobear - 2012-01-11

umm that is odd. I'll re install and take a look at the fault log. It definitively doesn't do it in Dharma, have done three separate re installs to check, clearing the whole library once. Thanks for the response.

- Pandobear - 2012-01-19

Yes, Eden crashes every time for me if I do three or four skip forwards in a row. I now have Dharma and Eden on the same machine, Dhama does not crash, Eden does. I had a quick look at the fault log, and it was looking to do something with the audio when it crashed. I obviously need to look at this properly, but has audio handling changed in Eden?

- warwon - 2012-01-22

Same issue here, but I just installed Beta 2 and it crashed right away when I was skipping forward on a video to see if it was still happening.

I've enabled the logging but can't it to happen again, will keep trying!

- warwon - 2012-01-24

so I tried again to catch it while the debug was on.

So after 40 mintunes, i turned it off restart XBMC first video I skip ahead it crashes.

geez.

- Memphiz - 2012-01-24

Pandobear Wrote:Yes, Eden crashes every time for me if I do three or four skip forwards in a row. I now have Dharma and Eden on the same machine, Dhama does not crash, Eden does. I had a quick look at the fault log, and it was looking to do something with the audio when it crashed. I obviously need to look at this properly, but has audio handling changed in Eden?

ahh right - lets talk about that log. See line1? Yeah? Well me doesn't... Wink

- TugboatBill - 2012-01-24

Please help the devs - POST A DEBUG LOG TO PASTEBIN AND LINK IT HERE!

- warwon - 2012-01-27

try again tonight.

Every time I turn the debug on it never happens!

- PatK - 2012-01-28

warwon Wrote:try again tonight.

Ditto... tried to catch it with debug on and it doesn't happen... I do notice that crashes seem to occur when I'm vicariously flexing back & forth... of course I waited all last night with the debug on... without so much as a hiccup.

- Kaisho - 2012-01-29

warwon Wrote:try again tonight.

I experience exactly the same issue, skipping forward or back crashes after an indeterminate time, switch debug logging on and the problem disappears, switch logging off and it starts crashing again.

- Kaisho - 2012-02-09

Has anyone found a cause for this behaviour yet? Is there any more information that i can provide that would help pinpoint a cause?

Kaisho

- Kaisho - 2012-02-11

The problem still occurs after a clean install of Beta 3, switching debugging on fixes the crashing. Sad

- MarkJG - 2012-02-17

I've been having the exact same issue since installing Eden beta. Some files seem more prone to crashing while trying to skip than others. I'll see if I can get a debug log.

- jere - 2012-02-19

Installed Beta 2 and 3 on five htpcs with Windows 7 so far. Same problem... it crashes randomly during skipping in movies. If debug mode is turned on the problem does not appear and the problem also not appears in Beta 1 as well.