Kodi Community Forum
Sleep Timer Function (non-idle) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Sleep Timer Function (non-idle) (/showthread.php?tid=12)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Sleep Timer Function (non-idle) - Chambers - 2003-10-01

hi guys,
would it be possible to add a sleep function to this project? basically i usually set my tv to turn off after 30 mins at night while i go to sleep. it would be nice if there was a way to have my xbox turn off after say, 30,45,60 mins. maybe assign a button to this action and each time it's pressed it cycles through the increments? does this sound like anything people would be interested in? that way you could fall asleep to music or a movie.

- mknight - 2003-10-02

xbmp has this already. i hope that xbmc will too, and that it just isn't coded yet.

xbmp will shut down after x minutes of inactivity, you pick the x, so watch a movie, tv shuts off, xbox finished playing a movies and x minutes later it shuts itself off.

- Chambers - 2003-10-02

(mknight @ oct. 02 2003,20:10 Wrote:xbmp has this already.  i hope that xbmc will too, and that it just isn't coded yet.  

xbmp will shut down after x minutes of inactivity, you pick the x, so watch a movie, tv shuts off, xbox finished playing a movies and x minutes later it shuts itself off.
right, isn't that more in the xml code though? it'd be nice to have it in the program itself. so it wouldn't be dependant on if xbmc was idle or not. just make it in combination of a few button. light left thumbstick button plus x would increment it? it just seems more user friendly that way and an excellent bonus. not sure if that's really what the devs are striving for.

- Gamester17 - 2003-10-03

something like this then? http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=508680

- Chambers - 2003-10-03

that's it!! thanks gamester! tio the devs, would it be difficult to include this in media center?

- Zoidberg - 2003-11-03

every modern audio system (expect very expensive ones :-) )
had a timer.
to start playing music and then turn into relaxing and maybe sleeping and then the system turns off after couple of half hours.

why dont u implement this?

- camora - 2003-11-28

is there a way to get a shutdown timer like in xbmp?
i think it is an very useful feature...

- camora - 2003-12-04

but a shutdown timer would be possible?
sorry, to ask again.
i always use xbmp/xbmc when i go to bed. so i can hear some goodnight music. Image
but without a timer the xbox remains turned on the whole night...

- floink - 2003-12-08

how about an autoplay functionality? this could be used for backgroundmusic or startup sound (kinda)...

just more ideas   Smile

- aTraX - 2004-05-10

yooo!!!

yesterday i watched a movie but sadly i falled in sleep so my xbox was on for the whole night kinda bad  Sad ... so maybe you guys can fix a sleep timer function in the next xbmc that would be great!!! let me here what you other guys think of this..

greetz  Image

- joseph_hac - 2004-05-10

atrax,

there is a python script that functions as a sleep timer. i use it all the time. you can find a link to it in the python development forum.

it would be really nice to see sleep timer integrated right into xbmc though.

- forza - 2004-05-10

correct me if i'm wrong, but can't you use the shutdown timer? i thought once the movie has finished playing xbmc returns to it's menu, in which case the idle timeout kicks in and the screensaver and shutdown timer can do their work.

edit: check in settings for screensaver options, you'll see the shutdown timer setting there.

- aTraX - 2004-05-10

going to try it right now but a other thing can i make a shortcut of the script too the 1st menu of xbmc where video,mp3 ans so on...?

- Gamester17 - 2004-05-11

(forza @ may 10 2004,20:47 Wrote:correct me if i'm wrong, but can't you use the shutdown timer? i thought once the movie has finished playing xbmc returns to it's menu, in which case the idle timeout kicks in and the screensaver and shutdown timer can do their work.
yes you can use xbmc existing idle sleep timer always enabled but this request is for a non-idle sleep timer (like new tv's has),
they are only enabled on demand and even then it's one time useage as reset after use, (u only press it when feeling sleepy)

- vaeanu - 2004-12-30

an auto shutdown timer would be great for xbmc. it could permit to play music or any file until a certain amount of time and then auto shutdown the xbox...