Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - crazybrit - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-26, 05:47)rajb245 Wrote: Does anyone know of documentation for this "SWFVerification Type 2", and what it might take to implement this upstream in rtmpdump? My cursory search through the rtmpdump mailing list archives doesn't turn up any currently active development on this front.

You may get a better answer asking on the rtmpdump mailing list. I know they are not keen on "what does this error mean" questions but if you asked the above you may get some info. If you do, please link it here.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - learningit - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-27, 05:10)zaide_chris Wrote: It's not Chrome for the Raspberry Pi it's Chromium.
Chrome is Chromium plus several non-free non-open-source plugins

And Chromium does NOT come with a flash plugin and to my knowledge there is not a flash plugin for the the raspberry pi.
Adobe also no longer supports flash on Linux, Google is now supporting it but i'm unsure if there version supports everything and they only have x86 and x64 builds that are included in chrome, no ARM build that would be needed for the pi.

IOS Chrome also can not play flash.

I don't know much about chrome, I just took a quick look around the web. But you do bring up a really good point about no flash on IOS - does that imply that there's an HTML5 version of Hulu that doesn't require flash?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - dcodea - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-27, 03:42)learningit Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 02:55)dcodea Wrote: Hi learningit, thanks for your work on this plugin- I've having a problem with your chrome solution. The plugin launches chrome with the correct hulu address, but in a new tab of my last chrome session, not fullscreen and not kiosk; Then the next time I run chrome, the hulu stand alone player is there in that tab, after leaving XBMC. Any idea what might be causing that?

I think this is the relevant portion of my log

http://pastebin.com/7mCvqCVh

My guess is that you login to a chrome account. If you do, try logging out then running xbmc. Also make sure that chrome isn't running when you start xbmc. Chrome is a bit finicky and tends to keep it's settings from the last session. You can have a look at the possible different command line options here: http://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/ . I personally don't use chrome and am not that familiar with it.

The chrome solution won't work for everyone, but it may be a stop gap for some until someone figures out how to fix the addon, that's why I offered it. This only needs a one line change and can easily revert back to the original.

Chrome is available for windows, OS/X, IOS, linux and there's a couple of versions for raspberry pi.

Thanks for that link; I do use Chrome so that was probably the problem. I was able to get it to work by setting up another "chrome user," that didn't remember previous session, and changing my launch command arguments line to

<args> --new-window --window-position=0,0 --child-clean-exit --profile-directory="Profile 1" --kiosk "{1}"</args>

I think kiosk needs to be last; for whatever reason it didn't work until it was, but it is working now. Thanks!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Lunatixz - 2014-03-27

Why is this thread being hijacked! Start a new thread already!!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-27, 06:18)Lunatixz Wrote: Why is this thread being hijacked! Start a new thread already!!

+1 -- seriously. if you don't want to wait (have no patience), go buy a chromecast.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - hdubb - 2014-03-28

(2014-03-17, 09:31)bohdans Wrote: Hi Guys,
Long time reader, first time poster.
Here is what you need to do to get hulu-beta plugin working + no stream prompt.

I assume you are in the plugin directory for the paths.

Edit resources/lib/stream_hulu.py
Find
Code:
elif "akamai" in cdn:
                appName += '?sessionid=sessionId&' + token
                finalUrl = server + "?sessionid=sessionId&" + token + " app=" + appName

and ADD AFTER
Code:
elif "edgecast" in cdn:
                server=server.replace('.com','.com:80')
                appName += '?' + token
                finalUrl = server + "?" + token + " app=" + appName

Then find
Code:
SWFPlayer = 'http://download.hulu.com/huludesktop.swf
and REPLACE it with:
Code:
if "edgecast" in cdn:
               SWFPlayer = 'http://www.hulu.com/site-player/205970/player.swf?cb=205970'
            else:
               SWFPlayer = 'http://download.hulu.com/huludesktop.swf'

Edit resources/lib/common.py
REPLACE
Code:
cdns = ['level3','limelight','amakia']
with
Code:
cdns = ['level3','limelight','darwin-edgecast']

Edit resources/language/English/strings.xml
REPLACE
Code:
<string id="30023">....</string>
with
Code:
<string id="30023">16x9 24fps H264 Medium</string>
REPLACE
Code:
<string id="30030">....</string>
with
Code:
<string id="30030">darwin-edgecast</string>

Thats the hard work done! Now go to the plugin and configure the settings to use Quality "16x9 24fps H264 Medium" and Default CDN "darwin-edgecast"

I have been watching shows for last 2 hours no issues!

EDIT: Code tags to make it readable

How can i apply this fix on an iPad running ios 7.0.6?
i already have XBMC installed on 12.3 Frodo but I can't get bluecop to work.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - lewis.donofrio - 2014-03-28

a lot has happened since the 17th, please read full thread.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - hdubb - 2014-03-28

(2014-03-28, 03:21)lewis.donofrio Wrote: a lot has happened since the 17th, please read full thread.

okay, i just read the last 10 pages.
It seems hulu on xbmc is not working for no one.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - lewis.donofrio - 2014-04-02

I gotta ask, any headway in this effort (the real headway not using any browsers or anything boxee like) real headway like someone got v2 working in rmtp stack?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-04-02

(2014-04-02, 00:46)lewis.donofrio Wrote: I gotta ask, any headway in this effort (the real headway not using any browsers or anything boxee like) real headway like someone got v2 working in rmtp stack?

I'm sure when someone cracks version 2 of swf verification it will take someone asking about it in this forum for them to come forward.

No headway can or will be made in this effort from the people in this thread. It took a lot of smart people dedicated to cracking to figure out version 1 of swf verification and then put it into the rtmpdump project, a fork of which xbmc uses. I dont think anyone is seriously working on cracking it right now, but if they are they will be the people working on the rtmpdump project, so thats where you should be looking.

The only plausible way this plugin is going to get up and running again is if it gets remade from scratch using a different api (it was originally based on hulu desktop) or if hulu once again changes their cdn stuff around and we get a v1 unencrypted cdn.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Romey-Rome - 2014-04-02

It's still possible to make it hit the old CDNs without SWF 2 verification. Who knows how long that will last, and those that know how, don't really want to accelerate the deprecation process by making it public.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - toejam - 2014-04-02

(2014-04-02, 01:24)Romey-Rome Wrote: It's still possible to make it hit the old CDNs without SWF 2 verification. Who knows how long that will last, and those that know how, don't really want to accelerate the deprecation process by making it public.
It is, but not for plus-level 720p streams. darwin-edgecast seems to give up only non-HD, or non-plus, streams.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Romey-Rome - 2014-04-02

(2014-04-02, 02:06)toejam Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 01:24)Romey-Rome Wrote: It's still possible to make it hit the old CDNs without SWF 2 verification. Who knows how long that will last, and those that know how, don't really want to accelerate the deprecation process by making it public.
It is, but not for plus-level 720p streams. darwin-edgecast seems to give up only non-HD, or non-plus, streams.

Not what I'm seeing.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - toejam - 2014-04-02

Hmm, well then I guess I'm wrong. I can't get the extended plus playlist on darwin-edgecast. So, I guess it is just me and the way I'm doing it.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - AJCxZ0 - 2014-04-02

I selected the Hulu app on my Panasonic VIERA TV which hasn't had a firmware update in years, gave Hulu the device code from it, logged in with my Hulu Plus credentials and was able to use the service without problems of CDNs, Flash, protocol versions, etc.

It seems almost too obvious to ask, but is there some reason that the Hulu plugin cannot have a device code and work however devices like my TV work?

Apologies in advance if the question and answer are in one other 118 pages of this thread which I have not read. I couldn't find anything and would happily take a reference.