Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Kurgan0 - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-31, 21:05)BlueCop Wrote: It causes too much confusion and frustration. They restrict their paying customers from something web users get for free. It makes no sense. They need to license everything everywhere for them to be competitive.

Word!

Inspired by the 1week-trial I'm using your plugin now for the first time with both hulu and huluplus. That appears to be the best solution available 'cause it combines the best of both worlds as far as I've checked on my first day.

Meaning HD if available, still with disabled both network prerolls and commercials, and all the common hulu web-stuff is there like before, too !

Forgot anything?

Again, great work BlueCop Angel

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - hendoben - 2012-08-01

Just installed this, but any time i try to watch something, all i get is ads played over and over again. I see there's a couple of settings to do with ads, is there a certain way to set it?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2012-08-01

@ hendoben,

what platform are you on.
Always try to give a log file (see first page for instructions).

Depending on what platform you are using, you might need to get the latest Librtmp for your system.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - bioh - 2012-08-01

for all you folks outside of states ...

http://tunlr.net

works quite well (i use it daily)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - jangodango - 2012-08-02

I'm trying to get items added to my library, but it doesn't seem to work. I have my hulu login setup, and I can successfully add items to queue and subscription. I then click update library, but the items never get added to my TV Show library. I use MySQL for my video library. On the dump option page, I have the library set to the first default option, as I wasn't sure what the custom option was for.
What am I missing here?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - BlueCop - 2012-08-02

jangodango: after you export the first time. restart xbmc. This is required to get the new sources to show up.

If you browse to the file source you will see "Hulu Movies" and "Hulu Subscriptions". Set their content and start a scan.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - jangodango - 2012-08-03

I think part of my problem is I don't understand what exporting and dumping means. I've added the videos as subscriptions and as queue items. I don't see any option to dump or export when I go to a context menu. I've restarted twice since I set my options up. Where do the hulu movies/subscriptions show up? I've tried adding a new source from the video library, but I don't see either of those along with the usual directories/samba options when I add a new source.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - BlueCop - 2012-08-03

do you see your queue and subscriptions? press c with them selected. you will see the options.

I have no idea what you mean by new source from the video library.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Doctor3D - 2012-08-03

Thank you so much, BlueCop - for your continued support of this plugin. This is by far my favorite Video plugin for TV shows. When you combine a Hulu Plus account, the Auto-updater and the PseudoTV addon -- it is absolutely amazing. Having the ability to stream from a source that provides HD streams and automatically updates with new shows on a schedule combined with Pseudo TV - you basically have a full-fledged cable TV service that's just a little bit behind.

I have my channels setup where shows on Hulu provided by the Fox network, for example, all go to the "Fox" channel in Pseudo TV. I'll then take the network software and modify my channel lineup so that everything airs at the same time as it does on the actual networks. Any shows that aren't on Hulu for that time period are automatically filled with a classic network-specific show or just a movie from my network share.

This plugin saves me terabytes of space by not having to store all of those shows. So, again, thanks! Smile

Hulu installed and working - few tweaks - advice please? - cyo80rg101 - 2012-08-03

Hi guys,

Using XBMC Eden, plus BlueCop's plugin here.

Firstly - big thanks to BC for creating - and continuing - this app!
I know I'm about the millionth person to say this on here, but what's the maximum number of times "thanks" is a good thing?! Wink

Anyway, got Hulu running all works as expected (installe it last night) - but there's a few queries I'd like to address:

1. I'd like to keep the "View" in "List View 3" for example - but this keeps changing to "wall" at every level change (i.e as i drill down the Hulu content menu). How can I keep this in the same view mode at all levels?

2. When the "program description" text loads (which it does, fine), I get some text overlaid on this - not very clear, but looks like "Not available" (and something else). Any idea what this is, and how to remove it?

Again, sincere thanks for this plugin BC, you're fame is legendary! Smile

THX

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - jangodango - 2012-08-03

(2012-08-03, 01:05)BlueCop Wrote: do you see your queue and subscriptions? press c with them selected. you will see the options.

I have no idea what you mean by new source from the video library.

I was trying the context menu from the actual videos instead of at the top level subscription. I got everything working now. Thanks for the help on that.
I'm running into one minor issue still. I assume the custom library folder controls where the export script outputs the strm files. I set it for a directory on my NAS, however it is still outputting to the local addon directory on my client machine. Right now I'm just copying that folder back to the nas and updating my library, which works fine, but I'd like to get rid of the manual moving step.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - shaneob86 - 2012-08-03

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Library integration is super but I was just wondering 2 small things.

1) When I stop and resume a stream, it goes back to the beginning. But I can go to bookmarks and then resume from where I left off. Is there a way of translating the bookmark into a resume point so that it asks to resume like a normal local video?

2) Is there a way of auto deleting an expired video from the library? This probably isn't possible since XBMC wouldn't know the difference between offline and online.

Hulu: Retaining View Settings (?) - cyo80rg101 - 2012-08-03

Hey guys,

Not sure this is correct yet (cant test cos gf's watching olympics on that TV!), but from what I've read (back around P46), I believe I have to login to Hulu (via the plugin) with a user name, rather than the facebook email address and password when I used FB to login to Hulu...?

To me, this would suggest it's storing the View settings in the user account somewhere...?

(I'll test later - but if anyone can confirm in the meantime, that'd be cool Smile ) .

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - cyo80rg101 - 2012-08-03

k - testing now.

Just tried using the email address from my FB account (shows as account email in Hulu site).
Looked up "what is my hulu user name" and it confirms that Hulu itself just uses email address as un.

Logged in via BC's app fine - but still wont store View settings.

Guessing FB's inst allowing it to store settings, so i'll delete that FB / Hulu account, and sign in manually - maybe this stores the View settings somewhere they can be r / w?

*EDIT*

Hmm, may have been barking up the wrong tree there ! Wink

In Listings, Enable Set View was set to Enabled.
I assumed this was to let the View be Set from the XBMC UI.
Now looks like it's the other way round, i.e let Hulu App settings over ride XBMC View settings.

Anywhooo - disabled that and it works fine now, holds view settings etc as per XBMC UI selections.

NB - just exploring / thinking out loud here - any senior members etc like to put me right feel free - I'm curious! Smile

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - cyo80rg101 - 2012-08-03

Hi guys - one last (Not sure posting 3 in a row is good ettiquet?) but now I seem to have that View thing sorted, here's what I'm trying to do...

1. Add Hulu > TV as a Source in TV UI in XBMC
2. Add Hulu > Movies as a Source in Movies UI in XBMC
(3. hide "Videos" again, as I prefer to go direct to TV or Movies in the XBMC UI).

I recall from my early days with XBM you can add "media sources" like Hulu plugin as sources for Movies etc, but danged if I can remember how!
(Hulu doesnt show up in the TV / Movies Context as a Source?)

I do know my way round xbmc pretty well (been using it for a few years) just a bit rusty on some of this... Sad

Any help apreciated Smile