Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - AniMac - 2014-01-30

I've been using Hulu from the UK with no problems with my VPN, but it's not been loading for a while now. I get a script error as soon as I click on it. I've not done any updates or changed any settings since I last used it, so I wondered if anyone knew of any problems?

I've an Android RK3188, OUYA Git 12.3. Thanks

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ylafont - 2014-01-31

(2014-01-30, 21:37)moneymaker Wrote: @ylafont

http://superrepo.org/script.hululibraryautoupdate/

Well this installed needless apps, but less hope it works.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-01-31

(2014-01-30, 15:48)dkplayaclub Wrote: I notice that I am able to subscribe to a show and then add that subscription to the library. Is there a way to add movies to the library as well and if not, can we get that option in a future update?

You "subscribe" to the movie just like you do tv shows and they will get added in the same way. If you do it through the hulu site it calls it "favorites" if you do it through the plugin it is called "subscriptions." From within xbmc just right click or press 'c' on the movie you want to subscribe to and select "Add to Subscriptions"

(2014-01-30, 21:51)AniMac Wrote: I've been using Hulu from the UK with no problems with my VPN, but it's not been loading for a while now. I get a script error as soon as I click on it. I've not done any updates or changed any settings since I last used it, so I wondered if anyone knew of any problems?

I've an Android RK3188, OUYA Git 12.3. Thanks

You will need to post a log.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - youngt2 - 2014-01-31

(2014-01-28, 04:41)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 04:25)youngt2 Wrote: I am in US. No proxy or VPN. I don't have any issues with SportsDevil or FreeCable. I will post a log tomorrow!

I didn't have this problem a while ago when i was using the Hulu plugin on Win7 but that was mid last year. I'm now using it on a Raspberry Pi (RASPBMC). I have the quality as low as it will go! I would think if the quality was to high it would buffer throughout the whole video. Could it be waiting on ads or something?

If you are using the recommended settings it will not be doing anything with ads
Quote:# Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
# Uncheck "Network Pre-roll".
# Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
# Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
# be sure Proxy is Unchecked. (only U.S.)

A log would be helpful, i cant tell you what the issue really is without one.

Sorry for the delay. I've posted a log for your reference. I just realized I didn't turn on debug when I did this so there probably isn't enough info for you. If not I'll post again.

Oops. Log file here

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - flying_monkies - 2014-01-31

Hi,

Just finished installing XBMC and added the Hulu plug-in. Initially, I wasn't able to see any of the plug-ins after installing the repository until I force refreshed by using the 'c' key.

After I was able to see everything and install the Hulu plug-in, I was able to login to Hulu and watch videos, but when I try to do a search I receive:

Error Script failed! plugin.video.hulu

I tried looking at the debug log, but my knowledge of python is limited, so I uploaded them.

Log Files

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-01-31

(2014-01-31, 06:17)flying_monkies Wrote: Hi,

Just finished installing XBMC and added the Hulu plug-in. Initially, I wasn't able to see any of the plug-ins after installing the repository until I force refreshed by using the 'c' key.

After I was able to see everything and install the Hulu plug-in, I was able to login to Hulu and watch videos, but when I try to do a search I receive:

I tried looking at the debug log, but my knowledge of python is limited, so I uploaded them.

Log Files

Try using the updated beta version here https://github.com/moneymaker365/plugin.video.hulu-beta/archive/master.zip
It will install as a different addon.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2014-01-31

@flying_monkies

Use my beta () repository. The search problem is fixed in the beta version.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - dkplayaclub - 2014-01-31

LOL. Thanks spanktastic. I would have never thought to 'subscribe' to a movie.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - youngt2 - 2014-02-01

(2014-01-31, 04:48)youngt2 Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 04:41)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 04:25)youngt2 Wrote: I am in US. No proxy or VPN. I don't have any issues with SportsDevil or FreeCable. I will post a log tomorrow!

I didn't have this problem a while ago when i was using the Hulu plugin on Win7 but that was mid last year. I'm now using it on a Raspberry Pi (RASPBMC). I have the quality as low as it will go! I would think if the quality was to high it would buffer throughout the whole video. Could it be waiting on ads or something?

If you are using the recommended settings it will not be doing anything with ads
Quote:# Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
# Uncheck "Network Pre-roll".
# Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
# Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
# be sure Proxy is Unchecked. (only U.S.)

A log would be helpful, i cant tell you what the issue really is without one.

Sorry for the delay. I've posted a log for your reference. I just realized I didn't turn on debug when I did this so there probably isn't enough info for you. If not I'll post again.

Oops. Log file here

OK. pasted the log with debug enabled here. This video also quite halfway through. That was the first time I've had this happen.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-02-01

(2014-02-01, 00:27)youngt2 Wrote: OK. pasted the log with debug enabled here. This video also quite halfway through. That was the first time I've had this happen.

Are you using a remote to control xbmc?
Im seeing where you start the video, and then a solid minute consisting of a flood of "Checking device: /dev/input/event##" which when i google seems to be related to using a remote on linux. Could you possibly try disabling any remote options in settings > system > input devices, then restarting xbmc and playing the video from a keyboard or mouse?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - youngt2 - 2014-02-01

(2014-02-01, 04:54)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 00:27)youngt2 Wrote: OK. pasted the log with debug enabled here. This video also quite halfway through. That was the first time I've had this happen.

Are you using a remote to control xbmc?
Im seeing where you start the video, and then a solid minute consisting of a flood of "Checking device: /dev/input/event##" which when i google seems to be related to using a remote on linux. Could you possibly try disabling any remote options in settings > system > input devices, then restarting xbmc and playing the video from a keyboard or mouse?

I am using my TV remote via CEC on HDMI (AnyNet+ on my Samsung TV). I'll have to look into disabling this first!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - flying_monkies - 2014-02-01

(2014-01-31, 07:06)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-01-31, 06:17)flying_monkies Wrote: Hi,

Log Files

Try using the updated beta version here https://github.com/moneymaker365/plugin.video.hulu-beta/archive/master.zip
It will install as a different addon.

Thanks Spanktastic and Moneymaker.

Pulled down the beta plug-in, installed it and search is functioning perfectly!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-02-02

here's a question i've had on my mind for a while -- aesthetics

i have added my subscription to my library successfully.
so, why is it that when i pull up the OSD, it will not show the cover (thumbnail) art / fanart on the screenHuh
i just get the generic "?" icon.
i'm assuming that it something that is not getting passed / called correctly.
or is it just me?
this is with any skin -- in Gotham

also, i've noticed that if I play a show in the Hulu addon, and I stop it, and then come back to it later, it will ask me if I would like to resume.
but this function does not seem to operate if i watch the same show from within my library...

just some things that make me go, Hmmm....Huh

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - mcsmackton - 2014-02-02

anyone else see issues trying to play Community episodes? I saw someone mention it in this thread back a while http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121023&pid=1428046#pid1428046 .. however I could swear I've watched it since then, but its hard to recall .. very possible I've used a regular browser.

so Im running on an original XBOX as well as a laptop runnning xbmcubuntu. same issue. I've used both bluecops repo which still works for me as well as a nightly xbmc4xbox from like last night and the lastest beta hulu plugin from moneymaker. the new xbmc and hulu plugin is snappy I like it.

I have all the settings set (ads,preroll,akamai,etc,etc) correctly that I can tell. all other programs I watch play fine. I went through the stream reanaming issue a couple weeks ago but that seems to have settled on its own as well.

here's the log of an attempt to play any of the Community episodes. I was just curious if anyone had solved this or knows if Hulu is doing odd things with some of its episodes .. odd codec or something? my gut feeling is that its forcing flash 10 or something libRTMP cant handle , all my research shows I THINK I have a version which handles handshake 9 and is as recent as anything else out there.

log
http://pastebin.com/Si5yrSGH

main error which I think libRTMP is choking on "13:08:16 M: 13742080 ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header"

part of why this is tricky is that there have been so many issues with libRTMP over the years searching for such a generic error brings up a lot of old unrelated threads. hoping someone here knows something I dont.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-02-02

@mcsmackton - http://www.mediafire.com/?x4cvp5hl4m9xr