Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - mathgeek97 - 2014-02-15

(2014-02-15, 19:10)dodoadoodoo Wrote:
(2014-02-15, 17:41)mathgeek97 Wrote: I can't get the original version running on a new PC running OpenELEC Gotham nightly, but I do have a token.xml file from a working Hulu (beta) addon. I would love to copy that file to my new machine.
The question is, where should token.xml go in OpenELEC? I couldn't find a resources directory, so I might be a little on the OpenELEC clueless side.

Try /storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/cache

/D

Thanks! Works beautifully now!
I found the resources directory and had to create a cache subdirectory, but I'm back in business with the Hulu beta add-on!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Dukman - 2014-02-18

I'm at a loss.
I'm in Canada so It always bothered me that I could'nt get HULU to work because of the geo-block. I have it on xbmc for my PC and got it working with Hotspotshield. OK. Without the VPN it would not work. I got the "geo-blocked" message. Then I tried on Raspberry Pi. No luck. I got a SlickVPN account recently but there was little guidance to get it running on the Rpi with Openelec. I got my Slickvpn working with Openvpn by starting it manually. I finally got the VPN running on the Rpi but had trouble loading the Bluecop Hulu addon. Then I found the Hulu (beta). I installed the Hulu beta on the Rpi. Everything worked. I'm watching Hulu on the Rpi.
BTW I registered for a Hulu account while the VPN was active on my PC.

Great.

Then I rebooted the Rpi. The VPN was not running. I checked it with ifconfig and the VPN was not active . Hulu was still working. Then I tried it on my PC with no VPN, Hulu was working. I went to the Rpi and disabled my login. Everything is still working.

Went back to the PC and disabled the login, Everything is still working. BTW the PC only has the Bluecop 3.4.8 running. Not the beta.

I don't get it. It never worked before. Any thoughts.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-18, 07:09)Dukman Wrote: I'm at a loss.
I'm in Canada so It always bothered me that I could'nt get HULU to work because of the geo-block. I have it on xbmc for my PC and got it working with Hotspotshield. OK. Without the VPN it would not work. I got the "geo-blocked" message. Then I tried on Raspberry Pi. No luck. I got a SlickVPN account recently but there was little guidance to get it running on the Rpi with Openelec. I got my Slickvpn working with Openvpn by starting it manually. I finally got the VPN running on the Rpi but had trouble loading the Bluecop Hulu addon. Then I found the Hulu (beta). I installed the Hulu beta on the Rpi. Everything worked. I'm watching Hulu on the Rpi.
BTW I registered for a Hulu account while the VPN was active on my PC.

Great.

Then I rebooted the Rpi. The VPN was not running. I checked it with ifconfig and the VPN was not active . Hulu was still working. Then I tried it on my PC with no VPN, Hulu was working. I went to the Rpi and disabled my login. Everything is still working.

Went back to the PC and disabled the login, Everything is still working.

I don't get it. It never worked before. Any thoughts.

When you log in through the addon it saves a security token so future logins are faster, hulu might just be accepting that token and not checking your country. Dunno how it checks because i live in the US and have never experienced the geo-blocking.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Dukman - 2014-02-18

It's really strange. Hulu has never worked without VPN. Now it's working perfect with no VPN/Proxy. I thought it may be some miracle in the beta version but as I stated it's working on the PC with Bluecop 3.4.8. I also had the thought that the connection was verified through the login like USTVNOW. But I've disabled the login and it still works.

Definatley if your IP is outside the U.S. you are geo-blocked from Hulu. Just read the thread.

Tomorrow I'm going to reset everything.

It's just strange.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - d2a2 - 2014-02-18

Hey - looks like the default CDNs have changed again. I'm seeing 'darwin-level3','limelight','darwin-edgecast' but no akamai. i've tried changing the line in common.py to those values, but not getting any playback with the first two and get an error with edgecast that darwin-edgecast is unsupported at this time. i'll add a log in a moment...

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ylafont - 2014-02-18

Wondering if i am the only one with this problem.

When watching a HULU Stream, the movie stops and starts as though it is going to play a commercial, although i have selected "0" in the commercial count field. That in it self if not an issue; however when restarting, the stream does not pick up where it left off.

Thanks

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Dukman - 2014-02-19

(2014-02-18, 12:44)d2a2 Wrote: Hey - looks like the default CDNs have changed again. I'm seeing 'darwin-level3','limelight','darwin-edgecast' but no akamai. i've tried changing the line in common.py to those values, but not getting any playback with the first two and get an error with edgecast that darwin-edgecast is unsupported at this time. i'll add a log in a moment...

I notice this too. It was working on my PC and my Rpi last night when I chose the Akamai stream. Today it does not work. No akamai stream.

I am in Canada using slickvpn. It is working because I can stream from the web site. Using the Hulu (beta). I have changed the addon settings as recommended. I have use proxy unchecked.

Here is my log.
from PC
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=134044

from Rpi
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=134066

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ihaterich - 2014-02-19

No akami for me either. Unable to play any videos.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-02-19

(2014-02-18, 12:44)d2a2 Wrote: Hey - looks like the default CDNs have changed again. I'm seeing 'darwin-level3','limelight','darwin-edgecast' but no akamai. i've tried changing the line in common.py to those values, but not getting any playback with the first two and get an error with edgecast that darwin-edgecast is unsupported at this time. i'll add a log in a moment...

i'm getitng this too...,
no akamai -- what do we do Huh

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Johnnymagical - 2014-02-19

I'm having the same problem as you guys and might found a solution.
Check that your cdns on common.py is like this:
cdns = ['level3','limelight','akamai']

Go to hulu addon settings and change cdn to Limelight
try to use it again.
I`m still having problem with community but everything else is working great.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-02-19

(2014-02-19, 07:12)Johnnymagical Wrote: I'm having the same problem as you guys and might found a solution.
Check that your cdns on common.py is like this:
cdns = ['level3','limelight','akamai']

Go to hulu addon settings and change cdn to Limelight
try to use it again.
I`m still having problem with community but everything else is working great.

You can just change the setting to limelight without messing with the source. It has worked fine for me for every show.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Johnnymagical - 2014-02-19

I had problem: on my Pi I had to do these steps and on the computer I just changed to limelight.
You are right the simple solution is just change cdn to limelight but if you still having problem you should take a look at the cdns too.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - tknorris - 2014-02-19

Interesting, I'm not seeing limelight as one of the CDN sources that hulu is returning as a source. At the moment everything I check only has darwin-edgecast or darwin-level3.

To clarify, I can select limelight as a Default CDN no problem, but none of the videos I choose are returned by Hulu as being offered from Limelight CDN.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - clack79 - 2014-02-19

(2014-02-19, 07:52)tknorris Wrote: Interesting, I'm not seeing limelight as one of the CDN sources that hulu is returning as a source. At the moment everything I check only has darwin-edgecast or darwin-level3.

To clarify, I can select limelight as a Default CDN no problem, but none of the videos I choose are returned by Hulu as being offered from Limelight CDN.

Same for me, and neither will play.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - giant - 2014-02-19

I seem to be having the same problem as many people here. Any video I select pops up the "Please select a quality level" screen, but anything I select fails to play. My default CDN is set to limelight (currently, but I have tried all 3), and in common.py it does have cdns = ['level3','limelight','akamai'].

I am currently running version 3.4.5, but I don't see any way to update. Is this part of the problem?

Thanks!