Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-28

DDDamian Wrote:Here you go:

XBMC Eden RC1 + HD Audio

Includes mainline Global AV Delay patch plus bug-fix, Portuguese (BR) language strings, German and Hungarian language strings, updated splash screen and speed optimizations.

For details on using the Global AV Delay patch see this thread.

Virus-scanned with AVG.

Thanks Damian,

Can I continue to use my advancedsettings.xml that introduces -125ms of delay for 24P content, or can I ditch it?

- DDDamian - 2012-02-28

voip-ninja Wrote:Thanks Damian,

Can I continue to use my advancedsettings.xml that introduces -125ms of delay for 24P content, or can I ditch it?

You would still need to keep those settings - I believe they've been modded as well - go to the end of the thread I linked in that post - look for post 102. Enjoy Smile

Your efforts are most appreciated. Thanks.

- mrhyde1969 - 2012-02-28

Nice, with the release of this. Are we going to see any 'real' difference with the official Eden release?

- DDDamian - 2012-02-28

mrhyde1969 Wrote:Nice, with the release of this. Are we going to see any 'real' difference with the official Eden release?

There's a few nice things to have (see release details for changes) but don't forget the Eden releases now are focused on bug-fixes an stability across all the platforms. That by nature rules out feature additions.

Don't worry - there's over 100 pull-requests queued for new features plus some big ones to merge in the march to Frodo.

- mrhyde1969 - 2012-02-28

DDDamian Wrote:There's a few nice things to have (see release details for changes) but don't forget the Eden releases now are focused on bug-fixes an stability across all the platforms. That by nature rules out feature additions.

Don't worry - there's over 100 pull-requests queued for new features plus some big ones to merge in the march to Frodo.

Well thanks to the tireless work of you guys and girl Big Grin, I dont think it can really get much better for me now. I only use XBMC for my movie viewing and picture viewing, so I guess this is as good as it gets, steady playback of 1080p blurays with Bitstreaming HD audio no frame drops no problems with audio sync Big Grin guess it is now time to put my hand in my pocket and donate to this great piece of software...Thanks again

Yes I agree, I will be making a donation this week as well, the team here deserves my thanks as well as the dollars to fuel all this great work.

- Phantom_Zone - 2012-02-28

DDDamian Wrote:There's a few nice things to have (see release details for changes) but don't forget the Eden releases now are focused on bug-fixes an stability across all the platforms. That by nature rules out feature additions.

Damian...many thanks again!

If I install the B1 version of XBMC with Spoty integrated and then install your RC1 over the top - will that work? Might be a stupid question but I'm still learning Wink

- DDDamian - 2012-02-28

@voip & mrhyde: That's pretty cool of both of you to donate (you also get recognized on your forum tag). Donations go to purchasing equipment to test on, legal consultations and a booth at the main open-source trade show. Developers neither get nor ask for any personal monies - it's all volunteer. But it does fuel future development and keeps the XBMC Foundation alive.

- DDDamian - 2012-02-28

Phantom_Zone Wrote:Damian...many thanks again!

If I install the B1 version of XBMC with Spoty integrated and then install your RC1 over the top - will that work? Might be a stupid question but I'm still learning Wink

Is your Spotify version anything unique or just what was available with B1? If you didn't use any kind of Spotify patch then yes, you can just install this version.

- Phantom_Zone - 2012-02-28

DDDamian Wrote:Is your Spotify version anything unique or just what was available with B1? If you didn't use any kind of Spotify patch then yes, you can just install this version.

Cheers Damian...i think thats a no then...it was a version complied by another user!

Time to learn how to do it myself!!

You've also loosened my wallet! Nod

Donation made! I made a note that this donation is directly in response to this fine addition, hopefully we will see official HD support in a later version!

- DDDamian - 2012-02-28

Phantom_Zone Wrote:Cheers Damian...i think thats a no then...it was a version complied by another user!

Time to learn how to do it myself!!

You've also loosened my wallet! Nod

From what that link showed it's just an addon. That means you can go ahead and install this version. With luck the addon has been updated for Eden - give it a go.

And cheers on the donate Cool

- bluray - 2012-02-28

mrhyde1969 Wrote:and girl Big Grin,
There is no girl in here. DanielaE is a lady! Smile

- bluray - 2012-02-28

DDDamian Wrote:Donations
After it is combined and released in the next 11.1, I'll donate!

For now, I need money to support my 5 kids! :o