Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- dts-phile - 2012-03-07

Hey there,

A little feedback for me... I got NO soud at all (when bitstreaming) and this is a tragedy...

Here's my config:
- Win7 x64, E-8400, ASUS Radeon 6770, Catalyst (lastest), Realtek HDMI Audio drivers.
- Denon AVR 2808

I bought this GFX card today and was so eager to use it for Master Audio and True HD sound... So far, I have been using XBMC in regular Dolby Digital and DTS sound... and I bought this replacement card just because it allowed bitstream HD audio. Have been waiting for almost a year... .

At first, I decided to move to the realtedk audio drives for HDMI. Then I installed Danielae mod, configured audio to "HDMI ATI" something, like it used to be... Plays great for reglar soundtacks, but definitely nothing for lossless audio...

My files are .m2ts, found here: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-definition-trailers.php (great site by the way!)

Please, a little help? Have I done something wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

- bluray - 2012-03-07

voip-ninja Wrote:While Damian's efforts are invaluable, Daniela deserves most of the credit here for coming up with what appears to be a pretty elegant solution to this problem.
They all deserved credits, including Gnif and others audio guys. Remember, this is not new. I use XBMC with HD audio since Pre-Eden from last July! Smile

- a11599 - 2012-03-07

meridius Wrote:hi mate i have the ATI 6570 is that a better card to use on a HTPC for 24p sync ? if so what is the best drivers to use at the moment. and do you use WASPI i think its called for the audio driver ?

The 6570 is a nice card. Mine has only 10 ms drift in 60 minutes @24p - this is very good. The ION was terrible. Not much more accurate 24p than the Intel GPUs. But I have to admit at least it allowed to use custom timings (something I never tried :p).

- DDDamian - 2012-03-07

voip-ninja Wrote:While Damian's efforts are invaluable, Daniela deserves most of the credit here for coming up with what appears to be a pretty elegant solution to this problem.

+1 Big Grin

- bluray - 2012-03-07

dts-phile Wrote:Hey there,

A little feedback for me... I got NO soud at all (when bitstreaming) and this is a tragedy...

Here's my config:
- Win7 x64, E-8400, ASUS Radeon 6770, Catalyst (lastest), Realtek HDMI Audio drivers.
- Denon AVR 2808

I bought this GFX card today and was so eager to use it for Master Audio and True HD sound... So far, I have been using XBMC in regular Dolby Digital and DTS sound... and I bought this replacement card just because it allowed bitstream HD audio. Have been waiting for almost a year... .

At first, I decided to move to the realtedk audio drives for HDMI. Then I installed Danielae mod, configured audio to "HDMI ATI" something, like it used to be... Plays great for reglar soundtacks, but definitely nothing for lossless audio...

My files are .m2ts, found here: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-definition-trailers.php (great site by the way!)

Please, a little help? Have I done something wrong ?

Thanks in advance.
Make sure you do these-

1. Make sure that you connect your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables
2. Select AMD HDMI audio output in W7 control panel and XBMC as shown below

- DDDamian - 2012-03-07

paolov74 Wrote:@DDDamian

Hi DDDamian,

I can't figure out how to enable video scalers other than DXVA. Your RC1 has spline36 and lanczos3 enabled, but RC2 don't.

I copied advancedsettings.xml from RC1 to RC2 just to be sure to make no mistakes..also tried removing it with no luck.

I have not removed them. I don't recall a commit in master that did. Istvan? Do you remember them being removed?

@dts-phile - have you enabled the HD audio settings in Settings>System>Audio Output? Try setting Denon to "Direct" and try, then "Standard" and try. If no dice post your debug log.

- serieofilo - 2012-03-07

Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to thanks Daniela her efforts for this update and also to DDDamian to help with the builds.

I'm following this thread impatiently because I'm changing my graphics card to a 6450 for having the HD audio output through HDMI. I hope I'll get the card in a few days.

Now the question. Would it be possible to have the first post updated with the latest patch build version? I've found post #744 to have the "XBMC Eden RC1 + HDAudio" version and I suppose this is the latest but is somewhat difficult to read all the thread if you want to download the right build ;-)

Regards.

- voip-ninja - 2012-03-07

serieofilo Wrote:Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to thanks Daniela her efforts for this update and also to DDDamian to help with the builds.

I'm following this thread impatiently because I'm changing my graphics card to a 6450 for having the HD audio output through HDMI. I hope I'll get the card in a few days.

Now the question. Would it be possible to have the first post updated with the latest patch build version? I've found post #744 to have the "XBMC Eden RC1 + HDAudio" version and I suppose this is the latest but is somewhat difficult to read all the thread if you want to download the right build ;-)

Regards.

You might have to PM Damian and see if he can update his very first post in this thread with the latest version he has compiled. I'm not sure Daniela should be asked to modify her outstanding 1st post here with an updated link to a build she did not do.

- serieofilo - 2012-03-07

voip-ninja Wrote:You might have to PM Damian and see if he can update his very first post in this thread with the latest version he has compiled. I'm not sure Daniela should be asked to modify her outstanding 1st post here with an updated link to a build she did not do.

Thanks voip-ninja. Yes, of course about not asking Daniela. When I asked, I was thinking in having the link in the very firsts posts for not digging into the thread ;-)

- DDDamian - 2012-03-07

serieofilo Wrote:Thanks voip-ninja. Yes, of course about not asking Daniela. When I asked, I was thinking in having the link in the very firsts posts for not digging into the thread ;-)

Yeah, no way was I gonna ruin that first post Laugh

I posted the link on my post #2 in this thread and it's on my github downloads page here.

- dts-phile - 2012-03-07

Thanks everyone !

It looks like I downloaded the "ATI HD Audio drivers" (smaller file size) instead of the Realtek HDMI ones (file size is bigger). So I uninstalled everything, and shazam ! It worked flawlessly, and what a sound !

I also reinstalled XBMC following this link http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=880031&postcount=1 from bluray.

Did all the setup he put forward, and it worked flawlessly. Didn't need to do the "AV clock" and everythong as it worked just fine. The issue I had was the HDMI option in XBMC: "ATI HDMI AUDIO" was selected, and I needed, apparently, the "Wasapi: AMD HDMI". But so far, so good. I coldn' live without it.

Thanks for all your efforts! I just hope these settings won't go away.
Chers from France !

- dts-phile - 2012-03-08

Hi again,

Even though everything works fine with HD audio, I now encounter a new problem: ever since got my new GFX card today (Radeon HD6770), or ever since I set up the moded version of XBMC which lets HD audio bitstream properly, I just can't play my 3D MKV files normally... They are Side By Side files, and they have been playing perfectly well for over a year.

I know it is not 100% related to the audio of the thread, but do you have any idea? Any incidence that the moded version of XBMC got rid of the 3D thingie ? I even installed the Bino zip file, but to no avail...

I was so close to perfection... Sorry to bother, but any clue ?

Thanks, millions of thanks in advance !

PS: Yes, I searched to find a solution/clue, but nothing came... .

- DDDamian - 2012-03-08

Nothing for SxS 3D changed in these builds. What are you seeing? Debug log?

- dts-phile - 2012-03-08

So sorry... I forgot to give a good look to the "LCD monitor overscan" in Catalyst Control Center. Silly me... Everyting is fine now. Sorry for the inconvenience of having my message published here... .

Hats down, again, to the team behind XBMC and the dev who created this awesome release!

Happy viewings everyone !

- DDDamian - 2012-03-08

@dts-phile - glad you're all set Wink