Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2012-08-25

I am glad it is working - I will add some basic touch screen buttons in the future, that would make it more handy for sure. Just need to find some time...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - illiac4 - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-24, 08:13)bossanova808 Wrote: Code up a window.xml and it should be possible. Look in the addon skin folder to start you off, but jsut add buttons and call appropriate things I guess...what buttons do you mean?

Hmm I wanted to look inside this file but I can not find them. It is not present under addon skin directory. /xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/skins

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2012-08-25

/script.xsqueeze/resources/skins/default/XSquuezeNowPlaying.xml is the main xml you'd look at (but the main program will need n update to support it as well - you can find src on googlecode if you want to do a pull request)...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Paul Webster - 2012-08-25

GI should have some time to
Look at this next week (will be back next week)

In the meantime keep an eye on http://squeezeplug.de

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2012-08-26

It occurs to me I don't actually HAVE a touch device any more - I un-jalibroke my iPad and can't be bothered re jailbreaking it (the iPad was a gift, we just use it for kids TV in the car but other than that I hate it's apple closed wall horribleness). I have not bothered to get a Nexus7 or similar yet....so it might be hard to test this stuff, but I suppose if I just add some basic buttons, they will be usable by both remote and touch automatically?

I am not sure how this will work with the controller down the bottom that kind of takes control of the remote by default...perhaps I will need to have two skin files, or something? Anyone have ideas on how this should work - without breaking the primary control of a remote controlled virtual Squeezebox?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - illiac4 - 2012-08-26

Hi. This would be nice. I can test it for you on iPad and also on Joggler. Funny that you do not like iPad Smile I really like XBMC on them.
It would be nice to have buttons like:
- play/pause
- next
- previous
- exit from xsqueeze or. add exit on menu (button i)
- menu or. back (simulate key i)
- volume slider
- position slider for fast forward
- button for repeat one/random/repeat all

P.S.:
The only touch function that is responding on player (this is the one with guitar background) is long touch press which sends command exit. If this helps...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2012-08-26

Yep I get that - and it wouldn't be too hard in all, but the problem is, how does it relate to using the remote with the virtual squeezebox. I suspect maybe I'd need two versions or something, or maybe a button to click to activate the squeezebox mode, and then you exit out of that to use the normal buttons.

Seems kinda awkward though.

To me an iPad is just like an annoying laptop without a keyboard. My Series 9 2012 Samsung weighs not much more and does a whole heck of a lot more...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - illiac4 - 2012-08-26

Hmm you can try to add the buttons and I will test them with Touch and also on Crystalbuntu and so we can see if it works without for 'second skin'.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2012-08-28

I will have to mull it over and find some time...also, frickin' googlecode is broke in several ways right now so I can't commit anything till they fix that, so I am a bit stuck anyways...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Paul Webster - 2012-08-28

an early test release of Squeezeplug is now available - using Raspbian. This includes a build of Squeezeplay.
I have downloaded it but not yet tried - need to free up an SD card.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - illiac4 - 2012-08-28

You are hijacking. Move them to a separate one.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Paul Webster - 2012-08-28

My message was not a hijack - Bossanova808 asked for my input on this particular issue.
If you read a little way back you will see why it is particularly relevant (basically - binaries used in SqueezePlug can probably be used in Xsqueeze to replace the current one when running on Raspbian-based distributions)..

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - sdsnyr94 - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-28, 15:42)Paul Webster Wrote: an early test release of Squeezeplug is now available - using Raspbian. This includes a build of Squeezeplay.
I have downloaded it but not yet tried - need to free up an SD card.

Did you mean squeezeslave?

Any way to get to the content of these images without installing, so you can just extract the binary file?

No - I did mean SqueezePlug - it is a distribution of SqueezePlay and LMS for low-spec devices and it includes a build for RaspberryPi.
There is a new alpha build available that is based on Raspbian - and the SqueezePlay from that release might solve the problem that people have been having in getting Xsqueeze to work on Rasbian-based distributions of XBMC (like Raspbmc RC4).

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - sdsnyr94 - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-28, 19:49)Paul Webster Wrote: No - I did mean SqueezePlug - it is a distribution of SqueezePlay and LMS for low-spec devices and it includes a build for RaspberryPi.
There is a new alpha build available that is based on Raspbian - and the SqueezePlay from that release might solve the problem that people have been having in getting Xsqueeze to work on Rasbian-based distributions of XBMC (like Raspbmc RC4).

I think Squeezeplug uses squeezeslave... not the full GUI squeezeplay. (unless they changed it in the alpha builds)