Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - sdsnyr94 - 2013-06-12

what about from command line? same errors as Squeezelite?

It looks like Openelec's site is down, I I cannot see the changes they made with the last releases.

[RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-06-12

That's an alsa issue they will need to sort for you I think... Maybe stick with .3 for now. OE tends to go better with manual updating.

Check github for changes maybe?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - johnnyslogan - 2013-06-13

thx for looking into it, I think I will downgrade for now.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - johnnyslogan - 2013-06-16

fyi - openelec dev suggests recompilation of addon, don't know if it makes sense

http://openelec.tv/forum/120-news-announcements/64988-openelec-3-0-6-released#76594

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-06-16

It's using the latest release of squeezelite. I only use released binaries...I don't think I should need to have to set up a toolchain jsut because the OE boys can't stop breaking things...

If you go to the LMS forums you can ask the squeezelite dev (ttiode) for his view and if he can do you an appropriate binary maybe - he's very very responsive.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - ticket - 2013-06-16

Hi there, first post, completely new to XMBC, the Raspberry Pi, LMS, and so on.

I'm getting dropouts with my current setup and am looking for help.

Running Raspbmc on a Raspberry Pi Model B (installed latest stable version the day before yesterday). My USB sound card is a Behringer UCA202 (which apparently uses the TI PCM2902).

I installed Xsqueeze 1.0.0 as described in the Wiki (disabled GUI sounds and everything). Local playback is enabled, squeezelite is used. I'm running LMS 7.7.2 off my Synology DS213 NAS which works fine with Squeezeplayer on my android tablet.

Now, the UCA202 USB audio was apparently detected out of the box as I didn't do any configuration. Xsqueeze works, too. However, I'm getting massive clicks and dropouts.

Again, I'm new to this. I did a lot of googling but I don't understand were to start modifying things. Would appreciate any pointers. I have basic knowledge of the linux command line and know how to ssh into my pi -- I'd be happy to post logs if that helps.

EDIT: further info -- playback of movies via HDMI works just fine. the problem is just with Xsqueeze. dropouts occur with all file formats, including mp3, 16/44.1 flac, etc.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - gazs1 - 2013-06-18

Hi there i am a complete novice with openelec rpi but i am trying to set up xsqueeze - my current set up consists of a pc upstairs which is connected to a NAS drive and it runs logitech media server, i then have a raspberry pi in the living room and one in the kitchen - i am trying to set up zsqueeze to play music togethere - could someone please give me a step by step guide of how to do this - currently my whole music library is connected to logitech media server but i do not know what details to enter into xsqueeze add on - such as ip address and mac address etc - if someone could help it would be much appreciated!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - ticket - 2013-06-24

Any thoughts on my problem (#771 above)?

If this is the wrong place to ask for help, I'd also appreciate pointers on where to repost this...

[RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-06-24

Squeeze lite issue. Ask triode, developer, at LMS forums.

@gazs1 it's all in the wiki

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - ticket - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-24, 22:58)bossanova808 Wrote: Squeeze lite issue. Ask triode, developer, at LMS forums.
Thank you, will do.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - DejaVu - 2013-06-28

Is it possible to use XBMC's Visualisations with this plugin?
Been racking my brain to try and get a way to get ProjectM loaded up somehow, but not getting anywhere. It not possible?

--edit
Found the .strm method for http://serverip/stream.mp3 works, but is flakey at best.
The 'stream' plays one track and ends as soon as its finished. It ignores my LMS playlist altogether.
And synchronising Mozilla (the player recognised?!) doesnt work either.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - johnyb - 2013-06-30

Any ideas on how to solve the 'couldn't connect to player' on openelec 3.0.6 ?
Reall miss this plugin

Xsqueezeplay on Xbian, can't connect to player - nicoverbaan - 2013-06-30

Hi folks, I can't get Xsqueeze opened on my Raspberry Pi with Xbian. I'm running my Logitech Media Server on my Windows desktop with fixed ip adress. Other players (Squeezepad on my iPad, Squeeze commander on my Android work fine with this server). I installed the addon and put 'shortcut icon' at my Music page. When it tries to open I get the message that it can't connect the player.

Below you'll find my server log, hope this helps. What am I doing wrong and what can I change to get it working? Thx for your help.

[13-06-30 09:11:53.0014] Slim::Utils::Timers::__ANON__ (273) Error: Timer Slim:Tonguelugin::UPnP::Events::expire failed: Can't call method "pluginData" on an undefined value at C:/PROGRA~2/SQUEEZ~1/server/Slim/Plugin/UPnP/MediaRenderer/AVTransport.pm line 216.
[13-06-30 12:03:17.3585] Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (420) Client not found for slimproto msg op: STAT from 192.168.1.43
[13-06-30 12:07:43.9182] Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (420) Client not found for slimproto msg op: STAT from 192.168.1.47
[13-06-30 12:16:59.1921] Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (420) Client not found for slimproto msg op: STAT from 192.168.1.43
[13-06-30 12:19:12.0999] Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (420) Client not found for slimproto msg op: STAT from 192.168.1.47
[13-06-30 12:19:14.3258] Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (420) Client not found for slimproto msg op: STAT from 192.168.1.47
[13-06-30 12:26:27.8780] Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (420) Client not found for slimproto msg op: STAT from 192.168.1.47
[13-06-30 12:33:58.5021] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Remote::__ANON__ (240) Error: Can't connect to remote server to retrieve playlist for, http://82.201.100.23/RADIO538_MOB: 404 Not Available.
[13-06-30 12:35:03.5637] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Remote::__ANON__ (240) Error: Can't connect to remote server to retrieve playlist for, http://82.201.100.23/RADIO538_MOB: 404 Not Available.
[13-06-30 12:43:59.0015] Slim::Utils::Timers::__ANON__ (273) Error: Timer Slim:Tonguelugin::UPnP::Events::expire failed: Can't call method "pluginData" on an undefined value at C:/PROGRA~2/SQUEEZ~1/server/Slim/Plugin/UPnP/MediaRenderer/AVTransport.pm line 216.
[13-06-30 12:54:31.0006] Slim::Utils::Timers::__ANON__ (273) Error: Timer Slim:Tonguelugin::UPnP::Events::expire failed: Can't call method "pluginData" on an undefined value at C:/PROGRA~2/SQUEEZ~1/server/Slim/Plugin/UPnP/MediaRenderer/AVTransport.pm line 216.
[13-06-30 13:21:17.0008] Slim::Utils::Timers::__ANON__ (273) Error: Timer Slim:Tonguelugin::UPnP::Events::expire failed: Can't call method "pluginData" on an undefined value at C:/PROGRA~2/SQUEEZ~1/server/Slim/Plugin/UPnP/MediaRenderer/AVTransport.pm line 216.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - niteowl - 2013-07-05

Hi. I have my LMS server on a device which is 'feeding' 4 other devices. The LMS server is using the default ports and I'm using this plugin on an existing device with no problems.

Yesterday I downloaded xbmc onto a brand new android tablet and installed xqueeze. Everything seemed to download ok with no error messages. However, when I do a clean start of xbmc I get the following message: remote communication server failed to start and the xsqueeze plugin won't work. When I try to open Xsqueeze I get this error message: Failed to create player process and the script fails.

Has anyone any idea what's going wrong.

I did read somewhere that it had something to do with the 9090 port and it should be changed. I've no idea if this is true and I don't know how to change the port. I would be cautious about doing this in case it harms the successful connection of the other devices using LMS.

BTW I only have 3 plugins on xbmc on this tablet and the other 2 work fine.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-07-05

Sorry - been absent a while, busy at work.

XBMC visualisations - might be possible in theory but unlikely, and wouldn't sync to the music beats (as xbmc is not the player)

Android - I don't know if there's a player binary (squeezlite) for android - I haven't done any work in that area yet (I don't have any android devices).

@nicoverbaan - post a full debug log.

I will try and look at OE soon - but I think they removed/broke alsa. So tell them to fix it basically.

(I will do an updated release once squeezelite hits 1.2 stable, assuming I notice this - they are on beta2 but I am not tracking it very often)

The OE issue is on the radar here:

https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/issues/detail?id=34

If someone can make a fix for squeezelite I can certainly include this...