Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - aptalca - 2013-07-19

(2013-07-14, 12:34)bossanova808 Wrote: Glad you like it.

Well it's one simple XML file - you could ask Ronie to make a transparency version - or you could modify the existing one and then I could incorporate it back into the addon

Well, the remote buttons work properly to play, skip, etc.

But no navigable controls shown on the screen in Transparency. I agree it would be nice to be able to go into settings or start sync through that. (I don't know if any remote buttons accomplish those)

But overall, it works really well. Thanks so much for this addon.

I used to use airplay on an old iphone just to get slacker through xbmc. But the wife would keep pressing stop in xbmc, and the stream would keep playing on the iphone eating away at my bandwidth until I realized no one ever stopped it, lol.

I just installed the server on unraid, plugged in the address and voila.

Oh and by the way, in the first post guide, you make it sound like entering in the mac address is optional for a single device setup.I just realized that the mac address (or whatever is put in there) is used to register the device on mysqueezebox.com. If the mac address such as the default one is not a unique number for the user, the device never shows up on logitech's service. It works locally for playback, but the xbmc addon is not able to retrieve favorites, or "my apps" etc. It also doesn't work with the android app for remote control as it relies on the mysqueezebox.com service.

It took me a while to figure out why the device didn't show up on logitech's service, or why I couldn't see the favorites, etc. Finally when I tried the android app, it gave an error that went something like " this device is registered to another user's account". That's when I realized the first person to use the addon with the default mac address (I am guessing you, bossanova) had it registered for his, and that's why mine didn't work. Putting in a unique mac solved all issues.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-07-20

hmmm good point. I don't use favourites hence this never came up.

Any chance you want to edit the wiki? I am very busy...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - aptalca - 2013-07-21

Sure, I can do that when I get a chance

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - aptalca - 2013-07-22

done

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Casey96SS - 2013-07-27

Hi all. I am trying to get XSqueeze to work on my Raspberry Pi with Raspbmc. Currently have LMS running on a Win 7 desktop serving a Squeezebox Radio with no problems. Have had this setup working for a couple years. My Rpi has been also been playing files from my desktop just fine.

I installed Xsqueeze. When I start Xsqueeze it says "Couldn't connect to player". I changed the settings to the correct IP for my desktop. I tried changing the port numbers in Xsqueeze and LMS. I tried entering a unique MAC address instead of the default one.

Here is a log file. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=39747

Any suggestions on what is causing this?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-07-27

Have you done the alsa thing in the wiki? Is something else hogging the device?

[18:00:46.621252] output_init:1359 unable to open output device

...is your issue.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - johnnyslogan - 2013-07-28

Hello, I wrote a about a month ago about having problems with squeezelite in OpenElec, those problems seem to be fixed now. At least when I run squeezelite from terminal in the latest OE. However, Xsqueeze doesn't seem to work. I can, sometimes, get into the gui and see, what is supposed to be playing. But no sound and no progress. And it doesn't seem to register as a player in LMS. And when I exit the XSqueeze-gui, I can no longer run squeezelite from terminal: test_open:159 playback open error: Device or resource busy

I can however get sound while the Xsqueeze-gui is on, IF I run squeezelite manually from terminal. Any suggestions? Again: Squeezelite directly in terminal now seems to be running fine.

Best regards.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - johnnyslogan - 2013-07-29

(2013-07-28, 17:10)johnnyslogan Wrote: Hello, I wrote a about a month ago about having problems with squeezelite in OpenElec, those problems seem to be fixed now. At least when I run squeezelite from terminal in the latest OE. However, Xsqueeze doesn't seem to work. I can, sometimes, get into the gui and see, what is supposed to be playing. But no sound and no progress. And it doesn't seem to register as a player in LMS. And when I exit the XSqueeze-gui, I can no longer run squeezelite from terminal: test_open:159 playback open error: Device or resource busy

I can however get sound while the Xsqueeze-gui is on, IF I run squeezelite manually from terminal. Any suggestions? Again: Squeezelite directly in terminal now seems to be running fine.

Best regards.

Forget almost everything I wrote. XSqueeze and Squeezelite work fine. Just had to add -o and then my output device. But anyway XSqueeze (and squeezelite) seems to be working again under Open Elec.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-07-30

Yep I'd heard they were planning to fix their alsa build to I just waited....

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Casey96SS - 2013-07-31

(2013-07-27, 01:39)bossanova808 Wrote: Have you done the alsa thing in the wiki? Is something else hogging the device?

[18:00:46.621252] output_init:1359 unable to open output device

...is your issue.

Thanks for the reply bossanova. The ALSA thing fixed it. I guess I thought that had been taken care of in an update to one of the programs.

The problem I have now is the audio is very jumbled. My Pi is connected to my receiver via HDMI. Would this be a squeezelite issue?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-07-31

Sounds like it - try gettign squeezelite to play back nicely from the command line. Then duplicate the command line switches you need in XSqueeze.

Course the Pi is an underpowered heap of doo doo so it might be you're hitting some limits...although it worked ok last time I tested it a few months back.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - cw-kid - 2013-08-01

Hi

Having issues with no sound. Running XBMC on Linux Ubuntu.

Code:
Output of aplay -l

xbmc@xbmc01:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC892 Digital [ALC892 Digital]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
Subdevices: 0/1

If I run this command "speaker-test -D plughw:0,7 -c 2" in terminal I hear sound. So my output device is #7 which is the HDMI port on the HTPC connected to my Denon AVR

However if I have XSqueeze set to use SqueezeSlave and add the argument -o7 I still have no sound.

I have tried using SqueezeLite instead but if I add an argument like -o7 the player does not even start / detected by LMS.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-08-01

Log are probably a good start. But basically - get either slave or preferably lite working from the command line first, then simply copy your settings to XSqueeze. I'm not really an expert on the linux sound stuff - but over the the LMS forum the developer of squeezlite (triode) is very repsonsive and can probably help if you get stuck.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - cw-kid - 2013-08-01

Thanks, I don't know how to install SqueezeLite on Linux Ubuntu either. Will post a question on the LMS forum.

EDIT:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97046-Announce-Squeezelite-a-small-headless-squeezeplay-emulator-for-linux-(alsa-only)&p=753419&viewfull=1#post753419

[RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-08-08

Pushed an update with latest lite/slave versions.