Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-08-23

Yeah I updated the wiki a while back with:
Also add "-a 80" (without the quotes) in the squeezelite extra settings to avoid audio issues.

....do you think it needs to be more than 80?

Glad it is working for you - given the whole game loop/polling approach, it will alway sbe demanding for the Pi, but hopefully it will be just about workable.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Casey96SS - 2013-08-23

(2013-08-23, 02:40)bossanova808 Wrote: Yeah I updated the wiki a while back with:
Also add "-a 80" (without the quotes) in the squeezelite extra settings to avoid audio issues.

....do you think it needs to be more than 80?

Glad it is working for you - given the whole game loop/polling approach, it will alway sbe demanding for the Pi, but hopefully it will be just about workable.

I'll have to try -80 just to see if it makes a difference. I just randomly came across a post somewhere and someone mentioned -80 still had some slight skips and -160 fixed it.

One more question: Is it possible to get Xsqeeuze/squeezelite to connect to mysqueezebox .com? I am try to add Pandora to the home screen in Squeeze commander and it seems like the only way to possible do it is through mysqueezebox.com.

[RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-08-23

I believe it works fine but its MAC based as the unique ID so you will have to create a unique Mac (or use your nic's Mac) To register the player on mysqueezebox. Someone up above mentioned it not long ago IIRC

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Casey96SS - 2013-08-23

(2013-08-23, 15:39)bossanova808 Wrote: I believe it works fine but its MAC based as the unique ID so you will have to create a unique Mac (or use your nic's Mac) To register the player on mysqueezebox. Someone up above mentioned it not long ago IIRC

Had to change the MAC in the Xsqueeze settings to same as my Rpi and it finally showed up on mysqueezebox.com. All is good and rockin in the free world now! Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-08-24

Hey

Glad to hear you are off and running. I haven't tried it on the Pi in a while myself - is it usable in all? Does the lag with remote etc. get too outrageous?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Casey96SS - 2013-08-24

(2013-08-24, 03:47)bossanova808 Wrote: Hey

Glad to hear you are off and running. I haven't tried it on the Pi in a while myself - is it usable in all? Does the lag with remote etc. get too outrageous?

XSqueeze works great on the Pi. Thanks for the great program. I control it strictly with Squeezecommander on my Android phone. Response is as fast as my Squeezebox radio. I actually got the SB radio and Pi to sync up perfectly once I adjusted the delay settings on the SB radio. It plays everything I want MP3, FLAC, Spotify, and Pandora.

It took some work to get everything set up but overall I am pleased with the Pi. I can play 1080P DTS .mkv files, any music from LMS, stream youtube videos via Yatse to my TV, and control everything with just my Android phone. I'll probably build an actual HTPC when I finish my media room in my house. I would like to be able to take advantage of HD audio. The Pi certainly does the job for now and I learned a lot setting it up.

Do you happen to know if there is any way to close Xsqueeze with Yatse? I can only highlight the music control icons along the bottom and cannot navigate up to the X in the top right corner. I usually just reboot the system to close it. I don't have a keyboard or mouse hooked up.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - CaptainTivo - 2013-08-25

(2013-08-18, 22:29)crackers Wrote: The Pandora plug-in will play just fine if you have a PAID subscription, which one should do anyway if one is enjoying the service.

Personally, I've switched to Slacker (and paid for a premium subscription) -- much better selection and "tweakability."

FYI, I note that the plugin does not display music info from the streaming services. My wife requests that at least the minimum stream information (artist, album, song title) be displayed for streaming plugins...

Sorry, forgot to subscribe to this thread, so missed the reply.

So, what plug-in are you talking about, Xsqueeze or some additiona plugin.
I have a paid subscritption and Pandora play fine on my hardware Squeezebox, but when I try to play on the Squeezelite thru XSqueeze, nothing happens.
I would have thought that the Squeezelite would need some way to configure it for my Pandora account but I see no mention of anything like this in this thread.
Still stumped.

As for not displaying song info, that it unfortunate. Maybe I will rethink this.

Hunter

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - crackers - 2013-08-25

(2013-08-25, 01:13)CaptainTivo Wrote: So, what plug-in are you talking about, Xsqueeze or some additiona plugin.
I have a paid subscritption and Pandora play fine on my hardware Squeezebox, but when I try to play on the Squeezelite thru XSqueeze, nothing happens.
I would have thought that the Squeezelite would need some way to configure it for my Pandora account but I see no mention of anything like this in this thread.
Still stumped.
Hunter

The comment about not displaying was actually meant more for "the boss". As for Pandora, I certainly don't know what to tell you -- it works for me. I only mention the paid account as that's the only way I got it to work with Squeezelite, either through Xsqueeze or as a stand-alone.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-08-25

(2013-08-25, 01:13)CaptainTivo Wrote:
(2013-08-18, 22:29)crackers Wrote: The Pandora plug-in will play just fine if you have a PAID subscription, which one should do anyway if one is enjoying the service.

Personally, I've switched to Slacker (and paid for a premium subscription) -- much better selection and "tweakability."

FYI, I note that the plugin does not display music info from the streaming services. My wife requests that at least the minimum stream information (artist, album, song title) be displayed for streaming plugins...

Sorry, forgot to subscribe to this thread, so missed the reply.

So, what plug-in are you talking about, Xsqueeze or some additiona plugin.
Still stumped.

As for not displaying song info, that it unfortunate. Maybe I will rethink this.

Hunter

The song info thing may well get fixed....so don't worry about that.

Have you used an appropriate MAC address with your XSqueeze install and thus succesfully registered the player with mysqueezebox.com....after that Pandora should work (according to the above). My guess is therefore that you haven't registered a unique MAC.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-08-25

Ok - pushed an update with changes from crackers (thanks!) - that means there are better playlist details with streaming services now.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - crackers - 2013-08-25

No problem -- thanks for the plugin!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - rbarron00 - 2013-08-28

Hi,

Trying to get xsqueeze working on my android tablet. It won't start up. Here is the link to the debug file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=51238

Thanks,
Rob

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-08-28

...because there is no Android support for local playback maybe? See wiki:

Windows, Linux, OSX, Apple TV1 (Crystalbuntu) - Full support including local playback
OPENELEC - Currently broken as of 3.0.4+ including 3.1.5 beta - see here. Suggest you stick with/go back to 3.0.3
ARM/Raspberry Pi - In theory full support if your distro has ALSA (in progress - please test and report back in the thread, see notes below!)
ATV2/iOS - Controller mode supported, no local playback support

...that said you MIGHT be able to pop a substitute binary in from:
https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/downloads/list
or
http://code.google.com/p/squeezeslave/downloads/list

...if one works for your platform. Doubt it, though.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - wildman - 2013-09-02

Hi,

Thanks for your work on this plugin.

I'm trying to get it to run on a RaspBMC setup on a model B raspberry pi. XBMC works fine. I'm hung up on the Alsa thing. Please know that I'm a Linux rookie so I would imagine that I'm doing something wrong...

While XBMC is up and running I SSH in using bitvise SSH client, and from the "pi@raspbmc:~$" prompt I type "modprobe snd_bcm2835" and after I hit enter the Pi crashes and I have to cycle the power.

Help please?

Thanks,
Ed

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-09-03

Probably best to ask at the raspbmc forums about that one - mine is buried deep in a cupboard right now I am afraid.

I am sure someone there will know why it's not working right now.

Also:

In good news - Xsqueeze is working fine on Openelec again with the 3.1.7 beta