Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - core15 - 2014-03-05

After some forced refreshes, some reboots and waiting it works now.
Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - dapex - 2014-03-07

HI, I am trying to run xsquueze on my Android media box running XBMC... When I start xsqueeze I get an error saying that I may need to manually and then the error goes befroe I can read the rest of it.... Any idea what the error may be trying to say and what I can do to sort it?? it does also say failed to create player process.

I am running XBMC 12.2 GIT:20130613-91f7a05 (compiled Nov 24 2013) and I do believe thats the latest version I can run on my android box.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-08

I suspect the included arm player binary won't work on your android box I am afraid.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - jompa68 - 2014-03-09

Hi
have problems with xsqueeze and latest stable release. I have enabled xbmc logging and here is my output.

OpenELEC:~/.xbmc/temp # tail xbmc.log
10:40:48 T:2895533152 ERROR: File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xsqueezecommon/lib/XSqueezeCommon.py", line 100, in __init__
10:40:48 T:2895533152 ERROR: raise Exception
10:40:48 T:2895533152 ERROR: Exception
10:40:48 T:2895533152 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.0.6 ### Doing Cleanup
10:40:48 T:2895533152 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.0.6 ### Killing player process...
10:40:48 T:2895533152 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.0.6 ### Resumed XBMC AE
10:40:48 T:2895533152 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.0.6 ### Removed custom keymap
10:40:48 T:2895533152 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.0.6 ### XSqueeze (Author: bossanova808) Exiting ....
10:40:48 T:3047198720 ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze
10:40:53 T:3047198720 NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections

What could be wrong?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-09

Full debug log to pastebin. See xbmc wiki

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - jompa68 - 2014-03-09

not sure if this is right... http://pastebin.com/Zj2YKkEU

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-09

The problem is Openelec on the Rpi does not have alsa.

I believe xbian and raspbmc both do so work with xsqueeze, but with OE you'd need to compile your own with alsa I believe. You'll have to ask them!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - stabu - 2014-03-12

Hello, im using Xsqueeze on raspbmc and I got it working. I just want to know if the UI or player whatever you wanna call it, is very slugish for nayone else.The UI takes about 5mins to come up and any button action takes awhile for raspbmc to respond. Is this just me or just because i run it on raspbmc?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-12

Honestly I think the Rpi is too wimpy for it. Because it's a polling app (because, in turn, of the python lib it is built on), it hammers the network quite a lot...it should be made listen/subscribe but I just don't have the time.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - DaVu - 2014-03-16

Hello there,

First of all I have to thank bossanova for this great plugin!!!

I´m really new to this add-on. Just installed it on two machines (windows 7 for testing and on my openelec....normally I use OE as my HTPC). Also installed LMS on the Win 7 PC. Everything works fine. But I have some questions as I don´t understand some settings.

For information....I want to controll 2 (or maybe three in the near future) XBMC clients to play the same music. One is a Win 7 PC and one is the OE installation. I installed xsqueez at both clients and LMS on the windows machine. It´s planned to install a LMS-plugin on my unraid NAS, so the location of the LMS-Server will change in a few days. But that´s another story.

So, now my questions:

- Do I have to set the server-IP (in example 192.168.0.120) for both/all clients?
- Do I have to set the MAC adress of each client to match the other one? So, configuring in the settings of the OE installation with the MAC adress of the Win 7 PC and otherwise?
- How should the setting be If I got 3 clients? If I understand correct, the MAC adress is for controlling an other device. But I can only insert 1 adress (Win 7 -> OE and/or OE -> Win7 for example). How must the settings be configurated if there is a third client? Maybe....Win 7 -> OE -> third client -> back to Win 7?

Sorry, if this is asked before. If the answer is already told in this thread, so please provide me a link.

Thanks in advance

Greetings
David

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-17

Hi David

If you're controlling a hardware squeezebox, you use the MAC address of that squeezebox (found on a sticker on the back generally). But if you're using your XBMC machines as actual software players (as it sounds like you are) - make up a random MAC for each so they each appear as separate clients to the LMS backend. LMS uses the MAC as hte unique ID for a player, so DON'T go putting in the same MAC to multiple xsqueezes. I have been meaning to add a random MAC generator in at some point but for now just make one up following the standard MAC format.

Then, set them up as a sync group (using the LMS web interface) - and you should be able to play the same music on all your clients (or some subset thereof).

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - DaVu - 2014-03-17

Aaah...so the LMS does the trick and the mac adress setting is only fow hardware squeezeboxes. That makes sense, because I can start a playlist/album from every client and the server shares it to the other clients via the"player"-list.

Ok, so that seems to be pretty easy. I'll report in the afternoon if this works.

Thank you very much!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-17

@David1977

You're almost getting it. Every player that registers with LMS - be it a real hardware squeezebox, or a software ony like Xsqueeze in player mode - and it does this by unique mac ID. So in you case, you need to make up 3 different random Mac IDs for your 3 different Xsqueeze installls. THis way each will register as a separate player with LMS, so you can then play and control them separately.

If you then want to sync these players, you can do so via the LMS web interface (or iphone controllers or whatever) - by setting them up as s ync group.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - DaVu - 2014-03-17

Hi bossanova,

Got it nearly working. I have given random MAC adresses at each client (A1:B2:C3Big Grin4:E5:11 and A1:B2:C3Big Grin4:E5:12). The LMS identifies both clients. But if I wanna play files at the openelec machine, they play (as seen on the screen), but I don´t hear any sound. Does it depend on how it is connected to the amp? It´s connected via HDMI. On my windows pc it plays well. Connected via analog out.

I now, that you need debug logs to see whats really going on. But for today I don´t have the time to upload it and maybe it´s this simple thing on how to connect the client to the amp Wink.

If it´s more complicated, so I will updload a log-file at the next days if I´m not too busy.

Thanks for everything

Greetings
David

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-18

@David1977

Ok, you're on your way. Normally the player (usually I'd recommend choosing squeezelite as the player in XSqueeze settings) - the player will pick the default output correctly. But sometimes you need to give it some command line switched to tell it what output to use, if there are multiple outputs.

This is a bit more complex - there's some notes in the wiki but basically the best thing is to ssh in to your OE box and run the player from the command line directly to work out the switch you need (so run the player and then trigger playback from the LMS web interface - once you get audio coming out you're good!). Once you know that you can add the same things in xsqueeze settings to duplicate the approach in there.

Go to the web page for whichever player you're using (squeezelite or squeezeslave) - and follow their instructions to do this.

Good luck!