Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

Re: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-04-04

I think your problem is streamsilence in xbmc's audio settings. This means xbmc is always sending an audio signal to the TV. This helps with some audio problems, but may be blocking squeezelite opening.

Oh but then again I have the streamsilence setting on too.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-04-05

Just tried Openelec Gotham Beta 4 on my NUC D2820 unit

No issues with xsqueeze at all... & no startup delays required (there's a default delay of 2 seconds by the way).

@Nick w - for your output string, did you actually work it out via squeezelite or did you copy @Graves. Mine is different as you can see:

Code:
-o hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1

In full:

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="MAC" value="00:00:00:32:AE:45" />
    <setting id="connectpause" value="0" />
    <setting id="enableTouch" value="true" />
    <setting id="exitpause" value="0" />
    <setting id="liteargs" value="-o hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0" />
    <setting id="playback" value="true" />
    <setting id="player" value="Squeezelite" />
    <setting id="sendPlayOnStart" value="true" />
    <setting id="serverHTTPPort" value="9000" />
    <setting id="serverIP" value="192.168.1.51" />
    <setting id="serverPass" value="" />
    <setting id="serverPort" value="9090" />
    <setting id="serverUser" value="" />
    <setting id="slaveargs" value="" />
    <setting id="startuppause" value="0" />
</settings>

Code:
<audiooutput>
        <ac3passthrough default="true">true</ac3passthrough>
        <ac3transcode default="true">false</ac3transcode>
        <audiodevice>ALSA:hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0</audiodevice>
        <channels default="true">1</channels>
        <config default="true">2</config>
        <dtshdpassthrough default="true">false</dtshdpassthrough>
        <dtspassthrough default="true">false</dtspassthrough>
        <eac3passthrough default="true">false</eac3passthrough>
        <guisoundmode>0</guisoundmode>
        <normalizelevels>false</normalizelevels>
        <passthrough default="true">false</passthrough>
        <passthroughdevice>ALSA:hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1</passthroughdevice>
        <processquality default="true">30</processquality>
        <samplerate default="true">48000</samplerate>
        <stereoupmix default="true">false</stereoupmix>
        <streamsilence>0</streamsilence>
        <truehdpassthrough default="true">false</truehdpassthrough>
    </audiooutput>

I'm not using any passthrough with this machine as it's my xbmc-agogo machine (I take it travelling with me, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=189144) - so all my audio (xbmc and xsqueeze)) go through HDMI. If anything this should be harder as they defintiely have to swap between using the output. I have turned off all gui sounds etc I believe, and the streamsilence control.

All good....there is no general issue I think, once you have your config right. Looking at your log I think you do have the right device string (you're using an older intel graphics set up I guess?) - so maybe do try disabling the streamsilence ('keep audio device alive') setting and with a moderate startup delay.

If no go...I am really not sure!!

One thing I do notice - if I play video, then use xqueeze, then play video again, all is well.

However, IF I go into audio setting, it no longer shows all devices. And then I get no audio in videos. But this only happens **if I go into the audio settings and enumerate the audio devices.** - if I stay out of there I get audio from both, no problems.

Odd - and I think a bug.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-04-05

(in xbmc AE - will report it...)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-04-05

Beta 4 - they snuck that one in, updating now!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - phlegmatic - 2014-04-05

Hi There,

I'm running Crystalbuntu on an atv1 and it works great and the addon's been working great. It's freed up my squeezebox to be moved to another room.

I'm having trouble getting the sample rate to show correctly on my external DAC when playing from the squeezelite. Let me be a bit more clear I have an 88.2khz 24bit version of an album. I play it on the default xbmc music player and my DAC shows 88.2 khz. But when I play the same song via the squeezelite / xsqueeze addon the DAC shows 48khz... Interestingly the DAC shows 48khz for all media played over XSqueeze even things that should be 44.1.

I'm not sure if you've encountered this issue before or maybe it's a setting I changed in the logitech media server years ago..??

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

If I use the new delay setting I made for @Graves, it fixes this issue - seems squeezelite takes a second or two to release the device. I might put a default pause in there given this...

Hi Ryan

No idea on that one - it's more of a squeezelite question - I'd ask triode (maker of squeezelite) over at the LMS forums.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-04-05

NickR, what graphics card are you using?
I will give it another go tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all your help

Re: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-04-05

Its an nvidia ion2 machine.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-04-06

Pushed v1.1.0 which has new default settings of 1 second pause at startup and 2 seconds at exit.

However - if you're upgrading it won't override your current settings so please go into other settings and configure your delays as above - and slower systems might need longer delays.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-04-13

Hi Bossanova. A quick question....
I know executing the command via ssh works without issues. Using your plugin I am unable to find the player.. Is there a simple way to edit your plugin so it just uses the xsqueezelite so it uses the HDMI:card=HDMI,DEV=0 switch. Then I would be able to launch the plugin, have it so it isn't configurable but it works. Does that make sense?

Thanks
N

Would it be the graphics card causing the issue. Is it worth trying a new graphics card?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-04-13

That's precisely what putting in the settings etc. correctly does.

Feel free to hard code it in default.py but you'll see that is what it does anyway. When it says it 'can't connect to player' it means it started a player process, but that player process did not successfully connect to the LMS server for whatever reason, and the player stopped. Most likely because of some sort of device conflict with xbmc holding the device and it not yet being released. In your case it will likely be delays etc as mentioned above, and make certain you have all gui sounds and stream silence turned up (you don't in the settings you posted above). XBMC is hogging the device, xsqueeze's player can't get it, it crashes. Simple as that. Fix the actual issue and it will work.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-04-13

Thanks Bossonova. How do I make sure the GUI sounds and stream silence turned up?

Thanks
N

Just changed my settings:

<audiooutput>
<ac3passthrough default="true">true</ac3passthrough>
<ac3transcode default="true">false</ac3transcode>
<audiodevice default="true">ALSA:hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0</audiodevice>
<channels default="true">1</channels>
<config default="true">2</config>
<dtshdpassthrough default="true">false</dtshdpassthrough>
<dtspassthrough default="true">false</dtspassthrough>
<eac3passthrough default="true">false</eac3passthrough>
<guisoundmode default="true">0</guisoundmode>
<normalizelevels default="true">true</normalizelevels>
<passthrough default="true">false</passthrough>
<passthroughdevice default="true">ALSA:hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0</passthroughdevice>
<processquality default="true">30</processquality>
<samplerate default="true">48000</samplerate>
<stereoupmix default="true">false</stereoupmix>
<streamsilence default="true">0</streamsilence>
<truehdpassthrough default="true">false</truehdpassthrough>
</audiooutput>

Still no luck

Something else i have just tried was to chuck a spare hd in and build the latest openelec on it.
No luck

Will the best bet now be to go through LMS logs?

Thanks
N